[Guide] How to Move Substats

HoneyBuns

This is a very neat feature that was added to the game a few years before NA closed.  The concept is a bit confusing especially for new or returning players. I hope this guide helps clear things up. Everything is in reference to stats on gear only (weapons, armor, accessories etc)

First, some terms to get familiar with.

BASE STAT- These are always in bold blue text. Sometimes an item will have one base stat, sometimes two and sometimes no base stats. The base stats of an item can not be removed. In image 1, the base stat is Max HP 30

One_Base_Stat.jpg

SUBSTATS – These are in lighter blue text. They will be directly under the base stats of the item. Equipment drops will sometimes have hidden stats. To have the substats revealed, bring the item to a NPC that does appraising. There will often be substats on items that are crafted by an artisan. For a list of all of the NPC's that appraise, check here under Appraisal

In image 2, there are two base stats, Accuracy 37 and Critical 22. There are also substats that are hidden under the red words Item Appraisal Required

Two_Base_Stats.jpg

ITEM GRADE – Every item in the game now has an item grade. The item grade does not reflect the type of item (hat, wing, etc) but it has a big effect on the ability to move substats. You will find the item grade under the durability and type of item and above any base stats or substats. 

Here are examples of the different item grades.
NUMERIC Can be from grade 1 – grade 9.  Image 3 is an example of item grade 9

Numeric.jpg

EVENT Image 4 is an example of event item grade

Event.jpg

UNIQUE  Image 5 is an example of unique item grade

Unique.jpg

NOTE: Costumes in the Item Mall no longer have stats or substats

BLANK ENCHANTMENT SCROLLS These red scrolls are available in the Valor Shop.  You need one blank enchantment scroll for every substat that you want to move

IMBUED ENCHANTMENT SCROLLS  When a substat is moved from an item to a Blank Enchantment Scroll, it turns the scroll into an Imbued Enchantment Scroll. You will sometimes find Imbued Scrolls for sale in player's shops.

There is one very important thing to remember. 
The substats must come from an item that has the same item grade as the item you want to put the substats on.   What that means is- if you want to put a substat on an event item, the substats must come from another event item. Same thing is true for a unique item. In the case of the numeric item grades, you can put substats from a grade 1 item onto a grade 9 item, but not the other way around.

So now finally the process to actually move the substats.

You need an item that has the substats you want (be sure it's the correct item grade). You also need a Blank Enchantment Scroll. I always move the item with the substats to the first space in my inventory and move other items out of the way. I also always change to the costume tab so I don't accidentally click on my accessories instead of the item.

1. Double click on the blank scroll in the consumables tab.
2. Move to the equipment tab and double click on the item with the substats. A message box will pop up, telling you that the item will be destroyed. Accept that and the item that had the substats disappears. The substats are now on the imbued scroll in the consumables tab.
3. Double click on the imbued scroll in consumables.
4. Move to the equipment tab and double click on the item you want the substats put on.

That's all there is to it. 

If you are starting with an Imbued Enchanted Scroll that you bought from another player, you can just do steps 3 and 4. Please be extra careful when buying Imbued scrolls that you make sure the substats are from an item of the correct item grade for what you need.

NOTE: If you place a gem on an item with a substat, the gem stats will be applied but not the substats. The substats are not gone tho.  Once the gem is removed, the substats will be applied again. 

If you try to  add a substat to a gemmed item, you will get this message. You need to remove the gem first. 

appr.jpg

I know it's very confusing at first  so if you have any questions, let me know either here or on Discord. 

PS A lot of newer players ask what are the possible substats.  There are something like 250 possible substats, which is way too many to list but here are the primary max subs themselves. 

•    Strength +25
•    Dexterity +25
•    Intelligence +25
•    Concentration +25
•    Charm +40
•    Sense +25
•    All Stats +6

•    Attack Power +40
•    Defense +100
•    Accuracy +100
•    Magic Defense +100
•    Dodge Rate +100
•    Movement Speed +60
•    Attack Speed 2.25%
•    Critical +60
•    HP Recovery Rate +12
•    MP Recovery Rate +12
•    Max HP +400
•    Max MP +200

Sometimes an item can have a primary substat and a secondary substat.  There will never be a substat with two primary stat subs (like Str and Dex for example.) I split up the list to make it easier to understand. It IS possible to have a primary sub from the top of the list, and a secondary sub from the bottom of the list.

It's only possible to craft items with max subs from grade 7, 8 or 9.  Generally, event items can not have max substats

• Thanks 7

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 7:35 AM, HoneyBuns said:

This is a very neat feature that was added to the game a few years before NA closed.  The concept is a bit confusing especially for new or returning players. I hope this guide helps clear things up. Everything is in reference to stats on gear only (weapons, armor, accessories etc)

First, some terms to get familiar with.

BASE STAT- These are always in bold blue text. Sometimes an item will have one base stat, sometimes two and sometimes no base stats. The base stats of an item can not be removed. In image 1, the base stat is Max HP 30

SUBSTATS – These are in lighter blue text. They will be directly under the base stats of the item. Equipment drops will sometimes have hidden stats. To have the substats revealed, bring the item to a NPC that does appraising. There will often be substats on items that are crafted by an artisan. For a list of all of the NPC's that appraise, check here under Appraisal

In image 2, there are two base stats, Accuracy 37 and Critical 22. There are also substats that are hidden under the red words Item Appraisal Required

ITEM GRADE – Every item in the game now has an item grade. The item grade does not reflect the type of item (hat, wing, etc) but it has a big effect on the ability to move substats. You will find the item grade under the durability and type of item and above any base stats or substats. 

Here are examples of the different item grades.
Numeric Can be from grade 1 – grade 9.  Image 3 is an example of item grade 9

Event Image 4 is an example of event item grade

Unique  Image 5 is an example of unique item grade

NOTE: Costumes in the Item Mall no longer have stats or substats

BLANK ENCHANTMENT SCROLLS These red scrolls are available in the Valor Shop.  You need one blank enchantment scroll for every substat that you want to move

IMBUED ENCHANTMENT SCROLLS  When a substat is moved from an item to a Blank Enchantment Scroll, it turns the scroll into an Imbued Enchantment Scroll. You will sometimes find Imbued Scrolls for sale in player's shops.

There is one very important thing to remember. 
The substats must come from an item that has the same item grade as the item you want to put the substats on.   What that means is- if you want to put a substat on an event item, the substats must come from another event item. Same thing is true for a unique item. In the case of the numeric item grades, you can put substats from a grade 1 item onto a grade 9 item, but not the other way around.

So now finally the process to actually move the substats.

You need an item that has the substats you want (be sure it's the correct item grade). You also need a Blank Enchantment Scroll. I always move the item with the substats to the first space in my inventory and move other items out of the way. I also always change to the costume tab so I don't accidentally click on my accessories instead of the item.

1. Double click on the blank scroll in the consumables tab.
2. Move to the equipment tab and double click on the item with the substats. A message box will pop up, telling you that the item will be destroyed. Accept that and the item that had the substats disappears. The substats are now on the imbued scroll in the consumables tab.
3. Double click on the imbued scroll in consumables.
4. Move to the equipment tab and double click on the item you want the substats put on.

That's all there is to it. 

If you are starting with an Imbued Enchanted Scroll that you bought from another player, you can just do steps 3 and 4. Please be extra careful when buying Imbued scrolls that you make sure the substats are from an item of the correct item grade for what you need.

I know it's very confusing at first  so if you have any questions, let me know either here or on Discord. 

One_Base_Stat.jpg

Two_Base_Stats.jpg

Numeric.jpg

Event.jpg

Unique.jpg

Well explained and good info for us. Moreover, can you share with us the list of maximum substats we can get? Example for int/dex/str/con/sen =20, mspd=50, what about others? Thanks in advance😘

8 hours ago, Ardz said:

Well explained and good info for us. Moreover, can you share with us the list of maximum substats we can get? Example for int/dex/str/con/sen =20, mspd=50, what about others? Thanks in advance😘

Currently there are about 250 different possible substats but I don't know if there will be any changes before the official relaunch so I am hesitant to say anything about what will be considered a max substat.  

17 minutes ago, HoneyBuns said:

Correct. We are in Early Access right now

It sounds like we're starting all over again?

From the announcement on discord: Link

We've heard you loud and clear: you want to play ROSE again. So our priority is to get everyone playing and enjoying ROSE again while we iterate and improve the game during early access. However, there's one big twist: We will not be doing a full reset of the game after the early access release!

Edited by piNo

6 minutes ago, piNo said:

It sounds like we're starting all over again?

From the announcement on discord: Link

Nope- they said there will be no complete reset. But there are and will be some changes made during this time. 

This early access was mostly for the old ROSE players who have been waiting a long time to play. When the game officially relaunches (whenever that happens)  there will be advertising like there is for other games. 

1 hour ago, chisachi said:

what if the substats is already exist can you replace it using imbued enchant scrolls? or you need to take off it first?

You can directly replace it if they’re in the same item type categories and follows the grade requirements (as explained in the post). 

3 minutes ago, Twice.Sana said:

Just a question, So if the substats came from a regular yellow/blue equipment. You can't put the substats to a dungeon item? If I understand correctly?

Yellow/blue equipment doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is the item grade. If you have a substat from a blue hat that is item grade 3, you can put it on an exalted armor no problem. 

• 4 weeks later...

How about if the item had a gem on it, would transferring stat using scroll work directly or you first need to took the gem out before any scroll stat could be transfered to the item?

I have one such item that I bought from vendor with a +10 upgrade and a gem included. I am getting 2nd thought if the attempt could result to failure and lost an expensive embued scroll. Also having 2nd thought using a separation drill since it cost 3.5M in the market currently, almost same as the Diamond 5 gem attached, so that is why I am asking if saving the gem is still useful or will I just use a destruction Drill if ever the gem needs to be removed first before any embued scroll stat could be transfered on the item.

Another thing, is Separation Drill always 100% guaranteed to remove and save the gem at the same time without any degradation? Because it's 3.5M cost is too expensive to just try by trial and error 😁

8 hours ago, HLAJR said:

How about if the item had a gem on it, would transferring stat using scroll work directly or you first need to took the gem out before any scroll stat could be transfered to the item?

I have one such item that I bought from vendor with a +10 upgrade and a gem included. I am getting 2nd thought if the attempt could result to failure and lost an expensive embued scroll. Also having 2nd thought using a separation drill since it cost 3.5M in the market currently, almost same as the Diamond 5 gem attached, so that is why I am asking if saving the gem is still useful or will I just use a destruction Drill if ever the gem needs to be removed first before any embued scroll stat could be transfered on the item.

Another thing, is Separation Drill always 100% guaranteed to remove and save the gem at the same time without any degradation? Because it's 3.5M cost is too expensive to just try by trial and error 😁

The game will not allow you to take an items substats while a gem is presently in the item. 

As for the separation drill, it does have an opportunity to fail. The separation drill that does not fail is called the "Perfect Separation Drill". 

On 3/13/2023 at 1:56 AM, Avatar said:

The game will not allow you to take an items substats while a gem is presently in the item. 

Not actually take the substat of an item with a gem on it but rather to "PUT" a substat using an imbued scroll into that gemmed item... would that be possible or it will just give an error message without doing anything and the scroll will not be used, or the worst, the process will fail and would result to lost imbued scroll, this is what I fear most 😁

The best thing to happen is if the substat will add up 😍 (though I doubt that programmatically since each stat should have their own field in the database)

I thought no one could have tested that yet due to costly imbued scroll?

Edited by HLAJR

11 hours ago, HLAJR said:

Not actually take the substat of an item with a gem on it but rather to "PUT" a substat using an imbued scroll into that gemmed item... would that be possible or it will just give an error message without doing anything and the scroll will not be used, or the worst, the process will fail and would result to lost imbued scroll, this is what a fear most 😁

The best thing to happen is if the substat will add up 😍 (though I doubt that programmatically since each stat should have their own field in the database)

I thought no one could have tested that yet due to costly imbued scroll?

You can have a gem or a substat but not both on the same item.  If you try to put a substat on an item with a gem, you will get this message.
gem and sub.jpg

If you have a substat on an item and you add a gem, only the gem stats will count.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

You can have a gem or a substat but not both on the same item.  If you try to put a substat on an item with a gem, you will get this message.
gem and sub.jpg

If you have a substat on an item and you add a gem, only the gem stats will count.

Thanks for the confirmation.

But I could still took the gem out of the item and then could be able to apply an imbued scroll with a substat, isn't it?

25 minutes ago, HLAJR said:

Thanks for the confirmation.

But I could still took the gem out of the item and then could be able to apply an imbued scroll with a substat, isn't it?

Correct. As long as you follow the item grade restrictions mentioned in the first post. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Kelandra said:

Any date yet on the official relaunch and will there be cart item mall items? I couldn't find any currently.

Relaunch will be announced when the team is comfortable that the old and new bugs have been fixed and that the server is stable.

There has not been a decision regarding the carts that were in the old Item Mall but currently there are no carts or mounts- just costumes.

• 4 weeks later...