Item mall point earning surveys

Averybee24601

So I am a little concerned about the longevity of the game with cosmetic's primarily as their only source of monetization and was trying to think of other ideas, that would not be off putting to players. Then I remembered, Warpportal used to do optional surveys that players could do to gain a small-decent amount of IM pts. I truly think that this is a genius monetization option, and am bewildered why other games / companies don't do this. 

The idea is, players would have the option to do an optional survey to earn IM pts, and then the provider /company /owner of that survey would then pay rednim games for the exposure and advertisement of that product or whatever it is. This could also then be extended to ads that earned you points. 

I think this would not only bring more players to the game, being able to get the item they desire to get for free not having to buy it, and would be help the funding and longevity of the game and development for years longer than if it didn't have it. 

Let me know what you think in the comments! Thanks!

• Like 1

I am not concerned because they have also talked about premium accounts with a monthly fee, cosmetics of course, and there are plenty of games who are successful that way, even if they aren't the games that bring the most income, which I think is not their goal. They are focusing on the quality of the game and the user experience from what I understand.

I used to do these survays and a lot of them were very sketchy or didn't work properly. I highly do not recommend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vexoi said:

I am not concerned because they have also talked about premium accounts with a monthly fee, cosmetics of course, and there are plenty of games who are successful that way, even if they aren't the games that bring the most income, which I think is not their goal. They are focusing on the quality of the game and the user experience from what I understand.

I used to do these survays and a lot of them were very sketchy or didn't work properly. I highly do not recommend.

Yeah but if this idea was implemented correctly I think it would be great. Yea they will have a premium service but I am a kofi supporter and have seen their monetization plans for the service, and it’s really only incentivization is to get IM pts and buy the same cosmetics you could normally just buy with IM pts. This is not incentivizing at all and most players will instead just choose to buy the IM separately rather than having a monthly subscription and potentially having all the cosmetics you want. It’s just not going to be very appealing to very many people. I think it could be a good monetization option if implemented correctly, but yes that is the key word, if implemented correctly. If not it could be bad ofc yes. And they would have to choose wisely which companies and surveys they go with for the players safety ofc.

15 minutes ago, HoneyBuns said:

Warpportal had something like that.  I never did them myself tho so I don't know how well it worked or didn't work.

I did them quite often and made a lot of IM pts off them and was able to buy the items I wanted without paying so I was very satisfied with them and think they worked great, only thing was sometimes you’d run into a shady survey that had you do all sorts of things and didn’t give you the IM pts, they would just have to be more careful about which surveys to accept if they implemented this feature. 

I am also a ko-fi supporter and have seen the same plans as yours and I am still no concerned. Again, there are plenty of games with cosmetics only item mall systems that work great. IM points obtained through a premium subscription or by a one time payment is still revenue, it doesn't really matter which way a player would pay for them.

I'm sorry but to me it is clear why very few companies implement such surveys to get IM points or equivalents, it is simply too hard to implement correctly because you depend on other's surveys that can be sketchy and that is not good for the user experience. 

Edited by Vexoi

1 hour ago, Vexoi said:

I am also a ko-fi supporter and have seen the same plans as yours and I am still no concerned. Again, there are plenty of games with cosmetics only item mall systems that work great. IM points obtained through a premium subscription or by a one time payment is still revenue, it doesn't really matter which way a player would pay for them.

I'm sorry but to me it is clear why very few companies implement such surveys to get IM points or equivalents, it is simply too hard to implement correctly because you depend on other's surveys that can be sketchy and that is not good for the user experience. 

Yeah games made by big companies that already have a lot of money and also have other games. rose is a very small company and never had a lot of players and I still believe it won’t appeal to a large audience. I don’t think selling only cosmetics will be financially viable for a long time. Sure for a while it will be maybe a year possibly two but I don’t think it will be viable for long and keep development funded. And the premium service doesn’t sound good at all. Most players would simply rather buy the IM pts than get them and some other benefits that are not even in game with a monthly subscription. It’s just not appealing especially for people with low incomes. 

Edited by averybee1022