Unions, Missions, and Clans

Sneaux

Greetings, Visitors!

Let me start by saying that the purpose of this suggestion is to increase the amount of available Union Quests, offer co-operative Union Missions and Quests as a new, on-demand activity for parties and clans, and to allow Clans to have some effect on Unions and vice versa.

First, let's break this up into categories: General, Union Quests, Union Missions, and Clan Support of Unions

General:

1. Unions each have a standard "playstyle" that fits one of the four 1st Jobs and their available rewards are largely determined by this playstyle.
    1.  Arumic Researchers would have rewards that benefit and relate to Muse jobs.
    2. Ferrell Guild Merchants would have rewards that benefit and relate to Dealer jobs.
    3. Junon Order would have rewards that benefit and relate to Hawker jobs.
    4. Righteous Crusaders would have rewards that benefit and relate to Soldier jobs.
  2. After completing the 1st Job Quest, players are automatically enrolled in the Union that fits their 1st Job's playstyle.
  3. Players are allowed to change their Union once for free. Further Union changes cost a variable fee of 1,000 Zulie per player level.
    1. The exception to this is if you have completed a Union's Story Quests. In this case, part of the reward is a single-use free Union change so players can pursue completion in another Union.

Union Quests:

1. All Union Quests reward Union Points, some diminishing in amount the greater the player's level is compared to the Quest's recommended level.
  2. Unions have Story Quests available every 10 levels from Level 10 all the way to Level 250. The majority of these Quests would be accessed from the main Union Reps in Junon Polis, but start off in Zant.
    1. These Union Quests would follow a different Story Arc for each Union, focusing on their activities and what they provide to the kingdom, potentially interweaving with Episode Quest story points.
    2. Union Story Quests would not diminish in reward, so as to not punish players who start them late into their character's life.
  3. Each map has a Union encampment for at least one, but possibly each, Union. Example: Arumic Researchers camp in Forest of Wisdom studying the magical properties of the Great Tree and smoulies with related Quests.
  4. Each map's Settlement (covered in my previous suggestion Map Exploration, Settlements, and Quests) would have 1 of each Union Representative that would have some daily Union Quests and small Union Reward shops.
    1. Daily Union Quests would offer a greatly reduced reward if the player is over 10 levels past the Quest's level range to prevent abuse.

Union Missions:

1. Union Missions are story-driven dungeon-like activities for same-Union parties to complete. These are co-operative missions involving monster extermination and some puzzle solving, with a mini-boss and main boss in each one.
    1. Mission Objectives are determined on playstyle elements for each Union, but are doable by any class.
  2. Each Mission can be completed in different difficulties, such as: Easy, Normal, Hard, and Hardcore.
  3. Union Mission loot consists of Union Points, Zulie, materials, consumables, Union-themed gear, or a combination of them all.
    1. Mission Loot can be better or worse depending on how the players performed in the Missions.
    2. Missions could have multiple tracked parameters that determine this, such as (but not limited to): difficulty, completion time, how many monsters were killed, how many player deaths occurred, and if the mission was finished at all.
  4. Completing a Union Mission on Hard difficulty enables "Hardcore Mode" that limits the party to one death and buffs up the monsters inside, but yields much greater rewards.
  5. Missions stop rewarding Union Points when the player is over 10 levels past the Mission's level range.
    1. The exception is if you complete a Mission on Hardcore Mode. These will always grant at least some Union Points, diminishing in amount the greater the player's level is compared to the Quest's recommended level. The minimum reward of Union Points is 10 points.

Clan Support of Unions:

1. Clans can choose a Union to support. This can be chosen at Clan creation and can be changed once a month for free.
    1. Clan Leaders can also change which Union to support whenever they choose and with no limit for a fee of 100,000 Zulie.
  2. Completing Quests and Missions for the Union your clan supports gives a bonus to the amount of Union Points rewarded.
  3. Clans receive a discount on Union Shop items from their supported Union.
  4. If Clan Skills Exist: Clans can receive special Clan Skills from their supported Union.
  5. Clan Leadership can activate co-operative, unique Union Quests for their members to complete together. The Quests available are offered in various different level ranges.

Thanks for your time reading my suggestion! I think this would not only expand the available Quests and Lore for Unions, it would also allows players to support a Union from Level 10 all the way to Level 250 and still receive good rewards. I think the clan-based Union activities are a great form of co-operative play and also rewards clans for being active and leveling up. Unions always seemed like a huge missed opportunity to me and this suggestion is an attempt to address that. This of course involves a lot of lore writing prior to implementation, but I think it would pay off greatly and would work well in ROSE Online's universe. This suggestion doesn't have any specific inspirations, but features a lot of things common to co-operative games and MMORPGs.

Like always, please let me know what you think and where it could be improved.

Edited by Sneaux
  • Like 1

Hi I was wondering, did you ever play at NA while it was open?  The reason I'm asking is, the game the devs are working with is evolution based and things are very different from how they were in IROSE. 

For example, there are no more Union Wars and no one joins any union in Evo.  We have Valor for pvm and Honor for pvp.  One NPC from each faction in Junon Polis has 5 repeatable valor quests and 2 shout quests and there are valor quests on the other three planets too.  Anyone can take any of the valor quests. There are several Valor Shops and Honor Shops where you can spend your points for gear and weapons and some other things. Even if they decide at some point in the future to add back a form of Union War, it's doubtful that they would scrap the valor/honor system.

The clan system is also very different from how it was in iROSE.  I made a guide back when NA was open about the clan system. Here is the link if you want to take a look.  Some things will be changed since this dev team does not want anything in the Item Mall other than cosmetics, and I have a feeling some of the clan skills will be changed or removed but I believe they are keeping the clan system itself.  

There are many other differences between Evo and iROSE.  I would be happy to help if you have any questions about this version of the game.  I played at both iROSE and Evo and I know how overwhelming the change can be at first.  Just message me here or on Discord anytime

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

Hi I was wondering, did you ever play at NA while it was open?  The reason I'm asking is, the game the devs are working with is evolution based and things are very different from how they were in IROSE. 

For example, there are no more Union Wars and no one joins any union in Evo.  We have Valor for pvm and Honor for pvp.  One NPC from each faction in Junon Polis has 5 repeatable valor quests and 2 shout quests and there are valor quests on the other three planets too.  Anyone can take any of the valor quests. There are several Valor Shops and Honor Shops where you can spend your points for gear and weapons and some other things. Even if they decide at some point in the future to add back a form of Union War, it's doubtful that they would scrap the valor/honor system.

The clan system is also very different from how it was in iROSE.  I made a guide back when NA was open about the clan system. Here is the link if you want to take a look.  Some things will be changed since this dev team does not want anything in the Item Mall other than cosmetics, and I have a feeling some of the clan skills will be changed or removed but I believe they are keeping the clan system itself.  

There are many other differences between Evo and iROSE.  I would be happy to help if you have any questions about this version of the game.  I played at both iROSE and Evo and I know how overwhelming the change can be at first.  Just message me here or on Discord anytime

From everything I've read and heard from the Devs, they are interested in making the Unions have a presence again. This is why I went ahead and put this suggestion up. Union War could be added back but I don't know if it will, and I didn't make any suggestions for that specifically because I wasn't sure. The team definitely doesn't seem shy about overhauling or changing aspects of gameplay if there's a way to improve it. Unions could be a fun team-based or co-operative activity, so why not?

I did play Evo ROSE a little bit but I hadn't played naROSE in 2-3 years before it closed probably. I don't really know how clans operate in Evo normally, so that was based on my existing knowledge. Do clans not have levels anymore? Because that's the only change that would affect the way this suggestion operates for clans.

Edited by Sneaux

23 minutes ago, Sneaux said:

From everything I've read and heard from the Devs, they are interested in making the Unions have a presence again. This is why I went ahead and put this suggestion up. Union War could be added back but I don't know if it will, and I didn't make any suggestions for that specifically because I wasn't sure. The team definitely doesn't seem shy about overhauling or changing aspects of gameplay if there's a way to improve it. Unions could be a fun team-based or co-operative activity, so why not?

I did play Evo ROSE a little bit but I hadn't played naROSE in 2-3 years before it closed probably. I don't really know how clans operate in Evo normally, so that was based on my existing knowledge. Do clans not have levels anymore? Because that's the only change that would affect the way this suggestion operates for clans.

There are no more clan levels.  The devs increased the starting number from 5 (like it was at NA) to 10 but the rest of the clan system is the same.  To increase the number of people in your clan, you buy the Clan Expansion skill from the clan skill tab.  If I remember, the max number you can have in a clan is now is 100 (it used to be 450 at NA).  You can choose the color of the name of your clan when you create it.  

• Thanks 1

If there are no levels, then any part of this suggestion that involves clan levels can be changed. Fees and bonuses could be flat instead of variable. Thanks for the info, Honey. 🙂

Edited by Sneaux
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sneaux said:

If there are no levels, then any part of this suggestion that involves clan levels can be disregarded. Fees and bonuses could be flat instead of variable. Thanks for the info, Honey. 🙂

Just have flat bonussen and fees. The idea you have is good. Gives more depth to ROSE.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kayuchi said:

That sounds pretty lame, so no more cp farming? (If so) whats the use of a clanfields then 😅

You can still farm clan points in both clanfields and generally you get more points that way but not everyone is into pvp and this system gives anyone who is level 30 + (and in a clan) the ability to contribute while they are playing and leveling.   The cost of the clan skills is based on NA and something that was in the Item Mall but I'm sure those will be adjusted to conform with the new dev's goal of nothing p2w in the IM. 

It's a good system, just different from you might be used to from iROSE.  Evo is about change, remember.

• Like 1