Guess I Should

Vile

Debated doing this for a few days but decided I'd best introduce myself given there are so many people returning from years passed.

You can call me Vile, I've played ROSE since it's international beta inception, roughly half a year to a year prior to the duplication exploit wipe. 
In that time I've always played the official version, only investigating private servers when it came to my attention they'd potentially stolen art I'd made for the official server, or had been contacted specifically about making custom models.

In the official forum, I had a notorious reputation for being bullheaded or stubborn, rather willing to partake in confronting those who liked to "stir the pot" to put it lightly, and in general did not shy away from making my opinion or position known. I also had a tendency to argue the devils advocate which seemed to get me into more trouble that the benefit of challenging ideas provided. In short.... I had a pretty bad repertoire with some groups of the community. 

I was voted by the community to be a Champion class Representative. I worked many long hours on the beta Pegasus servers testing and bug hunting, looking for balance issues and so forth. I talked long hours with some of the staff. I made UI modifications, custom buff icon reskins, dabbled with the PTL files and my personal favorite achievement, making quite a few designs and models that were used in the game.

I don't regret who I was, but I can confidently say, I've done my utmost to not be that angry confrontational person anymore. Being said, 10k posts on the official forum don't fade from a lot of peoples memories. Some have in private told me that they respected it, and others say my insight is probably the most accurate or in depth you could get. Personally? I appreciate the compliments but I just wanted to explore the game and have fun. That part hasn't changed, but how I want to approach that has changed. 

If I come off a bit cold or calculated, I apologize. If I've given offense, let me know. I might not be in control of people being offended, but I can and am willing to talk it out and try to come to an understanding. 

Past being what it is, I'd like to have a good time and maybe make more custom content, enjoy ROSE with good people once again. If my insight can be helpful or useful, then I shal be glad to give it. If not, I'll be doing my own thing in PvE, and I invite anyone to join me in chill times and fun competition in PvE content.

Cheers, Vile.

• Like 3

Awesome to have you back on the new official forums. May this be the start of another 10k posts. 😄

As you know, I really appreciated looking at your old (unlisted) videos, when I first stumbled upon this new project. Great insight into the old version and its journey. Recommended to everyone, who does not know them and can find them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OwlchemistVile said:

In the official forum, I had a notorious reputation for being bullheaded or stubborn, rather willing to partake in confronting those who liked to "stir the pot" to put it lightly, and in general did not shy away from making my opinion or position known. I also had a tendency to argue the devils advocate which seemed to get me into more trouble that the benefit of challenging ideas provided. In short.... I had a pretty bad repertoire with some groups of the community.

I don't regret who I was, but I can confidently say, I've done my utmost to not be that angry confrontational person anymore. Being said, 10k posts on the official forum don't fade from a lot of peoples memories. Some have in private told me that they respected it, and others say my insight is probably the most accurate or in depth you could get. Personally? I appreciate the compliments but I just wanted to explore the game and have fun. That part hasn't changed, but how I want to approach that has changed.  

If you are who I think you are (big assumption) then we had our fair amount of chats haha! We actually worked out quite fine and clearly both just wanted to see the best for the game! Actually had some fun there at the end of NA before the oro update in some dungeons! I would say it feels bad you have to call yourself out like this because that drive and opinion was always founded in a passion to see the game grow!

Glad to see you are here, the amount of valuable insight and experience can really help bring a well thought out opinion to the community driven design!

Cheers! 😄

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...