Back in the Day - veteran memories from 2005

I wish I had my photos from back then, but my favorite version is PreEvo, where FancySky/Blue was for level 100+ and muse attack power actually meant something. Each job had their own buffs and it stacked. Clerics had a skill that turned them small and blue that increased their dodge rate. The good ol’ days. 

The big boss spawns back when you could get a lot of exp for just scratching them like GMG, aqua king, grunter king, and the bosses in OT. 

Christmas event with crowds headbutting the evil reindeer.

The metal moldie summon. It got nerfed for pvp, but for a long time it was a helpful tank in underground prison.

Crystal defenders (union wars).

2 hours ago, DoubleRose said:

The big boss spawns back when you could get a lot of exp for just scratching them like GMG, aqua king, grunter king, and the bosses in OT. 

Christmas event with crowds headbutting the evil reindeer.

The metal moldie summon. It got nerfed for pvp, but for a long time it was a helpful tank in underground prison.

Crystal defenders (union wars).

Yeah, that was pre-evo! Where a magic attack never missed, no matter how many levels the monster was to you, you would always hit at least 5 damage. I remember how many players used to gather around, including single digit levels, in order to dual scratch the GMG lol. 

2 hours ago, Avatar said:

Yeah, that was pre-evo! Where a magic attack never missed, no matter how many levels the monster was to you, you would always hit at least 5 damage. I remember how many players used to gather around, including single digit levels, in order to dual scratch the GMG lol. 

When you say pre-evo, do you actually mean the pre-evo phase or the classic phase before that?

A lot of people don't know that 'pre-evo' is its own developmenta phase. They think Classic (a.k.a iROSE) and pre-evo mean the same time, just wanna make sure 😛

Edited by Wondertje

16 minutes ago, Wondertje said:

When you say pre-evo, do you actually mean the pre-evo phase or the classic phase before that?

A lot of people don't know that 'pre-evo' is its own developmenta phase. They think Classic (a.k.a iROSE) and pre-evo mean the same time, just wanna make sure 😛

Hah! I wasn’t aware of this confusion. When I say Pre-Evo I mean the version after iRose and before the official Evo (UI, etc) change. It was only out for like a year which is why it’s a blip on people’s minds. 

I worked my first job holding a sign just to get money to pay for the $12/mo subscription lol. 

3 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Hah! I wasn’t aware of this confusion. When I say Pre-Evo I mean the version after iRose and before the official Evo (UI, etc) change. It was only out for like a year which is why it’s a blip on people’s minds. 

I worked my first job holding a sign just to get money to pay for the $12/mo subscription lol. 

Yeah pre-evo was pretty short. Really just a stepping stone for evo to come 😛

Edited by Wondertje