Old new player

Hey guys n gals,

I've played rose online when I was just a kid (I think I was 10 when I started, I remember the adventurers plains/starting zone to be different, and I remember it being changed when I came back to play some more when I was probably like 17? I'm 29 now...).

For nostalgia's sake, I'm coming back to play some more! Sadly I found out the original servers apparently have been shutdown, and this is some form of re-release? So RIP my old characters I geuss 😞 Was looking forward to some dope weapons I had been saving up (I still remember! I think it was purple text, around lvl 100 item and I think it was a scythe or a staff?).

I'm mostly just wondering, how active is this game? I remember there used to be parties for AOE leveling all around, will this still be possible at low level? I can imagine most players playing are maxed right now, will I be leveling solo all the time?
Can I AOE solo, or is that too much to manage?

Is Junon Polis still filled with 1000's of player shops?

Also, does anybody have any tips/tricks or some generally good info for me to know?

• Like 2

Hey!

Welcome back to this amazing and nostalgic game. I also played the game way back. This is indeed a rerelease of the official game. Rednim bought the game from the previous owner. They are working their tails off to restructure the game code and infrastructure. They decided to release the game as an early access version, which means no marketing or Steam release yet.

They've already made a lot of changes to the game, especially in technical depth. They did a rework on the buffs and added some new stuff, like the possibility to duel other players. Read the forum for some nice community guides or join the Discord server for faster replies.

Leveling-wise, it is possible to solo level until a specific level. But there are still a lot of parties to join. Junon is full of shops, but as said, the game is in early access, so besides Junon, it can feel a bit empty in leveling zones sometimes.

Hope to see you in the game one day. Any questions, feel free to DM or ask the community.

Note: Would you like a bit more technical info about their changes? They have a support page. On this page, you can pay a monthly subscription, and you’ll get a peek into their development work. At the end of last year, they released a few free articles.. https://discord.com/channels/679185885903978520/727855190270804021/1190332604138926141

Edited by Luckystriike

15 minutes ago, Luckystriike said:

Hey!

Welcome back to this amazing and nostalgic game. I also played the game way back. This is indeed a rerelease of the official game. Rednim bought the game from the previous owner. They are working their tails off to restructure the game code and infrastructure. They decided to release the game as an early access version, which means no marketing or Steam release yet.

They've already made a lot of changes to the game, especially in technical depth. They did a rework on the buffs and added some new stuff, like the possibility to duel other players. Read the forum for some nice community guides or join the Discord server for faster replies.

Leveling-wise, it is possible to solo level until a specific level. But there are still a lot of parties to join. Junon is full of shops, but as said, the game is in early access, so besides Junon, it can feel a bit empty in leveling zones sometimes.

Hope to see you in the game one day. Any questions, feel free to DM or ask the community.

Note: Would you like a bit more technical info about their changes? They have a support page. On this page, you can pay a monthly subscription, and you’ll get a peek into their development work. At the end of last year, they released a few free articles.. https://discord.com/channels/679185885903978520/727855190270804021/1190332604138926141

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Interesting stuff, would've been something if I randomly saw Rose on Steam, cool to know that might be a possibility! Would be sick to see more people coming back to check it out.

I geuss I'm just gonna go and head out into the game and see whats up in regards to how the game and player base feels, either way having a blast already just playing the game as a complete noob again, just like when I had a great time here as a kid 😉 

15 minutes ago, Yoerikadoeri said:

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Interesting stuff, would've been something if I randomly saw Rose on Steam, cool to know that might be a possibility! Would be sick to see more people coming back to check it out.

I geuss I'm just gonna go and head out into the game and see whats up in regards to how the game and player base feels, either way having a blast already just playing the game as a complete noob again, just like when I had a great time here as a kid 😉 

Tip! Enjoy the ride, explore the zones and quests and do not race to max lvl. 

10 hours ago, Yoerikadoeri said:

Hey guys n gals,

I've played rose online when I was just a kid (I think I was 10 when I started, I remember the adventurers plains/starting zone to be different, and I remember it being changed when I came back to play some more when I was probably like 17? I'm 29 now...).

For nostalgia's sake, I'm coming back to play some more! Sadly I found out the original servers apparently have been shutdown, and this is some form of re-release? So RIP my old characters I geuss 😞 Was looking forward to some dope weapons I had been saving up (I still remember! I think it was purple text, around lvl 100 item and I think it was a scythe or a staff?).

I'm mostly just wondering, how active is this game? I remember there used to be parties for AOE leveling all around, will this still be possible at low level? I can imagine most players playing are maxed right now, will I be leveling solo all the time?
Can I AOE solo, or is that too much to manage?

Is Junon Polis still filled with 1000's of player shops?

Also, does anybody have any tips/tricks or some generally good info for me to know?

Hi and welcome back to ROSE!

The game has changed a lot since you last played.  This topic might be useful. There are also links in that topic to other guides on features that you may not be familiar with so check it out when you have time.

We also have a Discord server in case you were not aware.  Feel free to message me anytime if you have questions. My name on Discord is HB.  

You’re similar to most of the players that started playing this game again. I think you’ve joined at a good time as the game economy is becoming stable now as vended items are cheaper and vendors are still buying materials for a decent price. There are repeatable quests that give zullie which helps. I would recommend not refining items more than +10 at lower levels as you’ll likely out level those items fairly quickly, do quests as they give a lot of experience, dual client with a muse to save zullie from pots and find parties to level quicker. Enjoy and welcome to rose online.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

Hi and welcome back to ROSE!

The game has changed a lot since you last played.  This topic might be useful. There are also links in that topic to other guides on features that you may not be familiar with so check it out when you have time.

We also have a Discord server in case you were not aware.  Feel free to message me anytime if you have questions. My name on Discord is HB.  

My god, that post is a godsend!

Thanks for the hard work haha, it van be daunting to get into older games because the community has built ways to play the game that can make it hard to get into it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kaiserkiva said:

You’re similar to most of the players that started playing this game again. I think you’ve joined at a good time as the game economy is becoming stable now as vended items are cheaper and vendors are still buying materials for a decent price. There are repeatable quests that give zullie which helps. I would recommend not refining items more than +10 at lower levels as you’ll likely out level those items fairly quickly, do quests as they give a lot of experience, dual client with a muse to save zullie from pots and find parties to level quicker. Enjoy and welcome to rose online.

Hey, thanks for the tips!

Will definitely look into the dual client! 
I did notice the player shops in Junon seem super expensive, but that also is fine, I’m enjoying my time as a noob and saving up for npc vendor gear, I’ll get stronger as I go!

Edit: Is there any guide on the dual clienting? 
Do you just keep a muse close by, kill with your main, to level both at the same time? Or should I level a muse first and then use it to boost an alt?

Edited by Yoerikadoeri

8 hours ago, Yoerikadoeri said:

Hey, thanks for the tips!

Will definitely look into the dual client! 
I did notice the player shops in Junon seem super expensive, but that also is fine, I’m enjoying my time as a noob and saving up for npc vendor gear, I’ll get stronger as I go!

Edit: Is there any guide on the dual clienting? 
Do you just keep a muse close by, kill with your main, to level both at the same time? Or should I level a muse first and then use it to boost an alt?

True, there are still super expensive items. I think it’s ok to window shop for now if you ever want to sell materials. You’ll eventually become richer and stronger 👍

I don’t think there’s a guide. But it’s pretty much as you said keep muse close by. Main char first hits then muse heals and attacks. Level them at the same time. Solo levelling can be difficult if you don’t have a pt especially the higher level you go.

Edited by kaiserkiva