Attracting New Players With Advertising

I'm concerned with the state of the game as far as player count goes. We've lost a ton of the playerbase since the Zuliepocolypse gutted everyones finances. It seems like good intentions had a massive adverse reaction that just keeps snowballing.  It is growing more frustrating daily as a semi-new player to this server.  It is extremely rare anymore to find a competent party of people that play in my timezone  who aren't primarily speaking a language I can't understand or are afk running scripts (normally both).

The economy is another headache to newer players, especially those like me who like to rotate between many alts vs having a "main". I understand that the Zuliepocolypse action by the devs had long reaching impact on the playerbase and quality of life for new players. It is hell for new folks to try and make any gains, nothing has value. Things such as feathers that could be farmed for decent income no longer sells well, even when undercutting the competition significantly. Seems that the supply of wealthy players is finite and shrinking if anything. Supply drys up and the cycle of new players has slowed to a trickle from a once somewhat steady stream.

So long windedness aside, I feel we need to get the good word out there about ROSE to the masses. North America especially desperately needs some loving. I have talked with tons of gaming peers and none have heard of this game, and those that did check it out after I gave it a mention have been scared off by the "chibi" characters. There was nothing wrong with that 15+ years ago when those of us long timers first discovered the game. Most of us have aged along with the games evolution. This game has has a decent itemization, relatively balanced classes (yeah we know mage is OP, but relax), a unique refines system, and lots of replayability. I feel that we should push these aspects of the game given it is what more mature audience is interested in. If outsiders know of this they might give the game a chance even though the "chibi" art style may be a first impression turn off.

In a perfect world this game would only need to be making a big push to advertise once it leaves open access, but there is huge risk with that. Massive damage has already been done, and we need to heal those wounds with new people so that there is a thriving community.  Our Wiki is trash, that is the biggest complaint I hear from new players. They are underwhelmed with the official server's Wiki as it has next to no info, when compared to certain private servers sites. Since this is the official server, if legally possible, Rednim should exercise their power to simply take over the unofficial sites layout/data and simply change the differences to match this servers particulars.

There still is massive love for this game, those folks either remember the Evo server being shutdown and don't know this server exists or have retreated to one of the private servers which I will not name. Heck the only way I learned of this games revival a couple months ago from a random YouTube reply to a comment that I had on a RoseEvo video from many years ago.

There are many untold others that would love to get back into the game but just don't know that it's been resurrected due to lack of advertising power. Let's make it happen please, get us some fresh blood and renewed interest. It is critical to team up with big name content creators. One mention by someone like Asmongold would probably crash the servers with new people trying to download.  Just food for thought.

Chip in with any constructive critisism/ideas guys/gals.

Edited by ZeroSignal
  • Like 2

This comment most likely will get removed since the mods take my realism as negativity....

You mention Asmongold who primarily started his career streaming WoW but Rednim and Blizzard/Activision are not remotely the same type of company. A game can only go as far as the company and their finances. As far as I'm aware, the money tree Blizzard/Activision (Now Microsoft) has is on the side of unlimited. They have teams of level designers and artists creating whatever they feel like and can advertise world wide on LED/LCD screens in major cities. Rednim...can not. They are actively seeking and using volunteer services. That alone shows they are tight and can only expend where they absolutely have to.

Implementing a Marketplace API right after the Zulie wipe would have been the best move by the devs, in my opinion.

Please don't delete my comment mods, I'm not bashing Rednim

As far as an idea - RednimGames should apply for Front Page of twitch and go big with some players in some way. Show off Dungeons, PvP, leveling processes in certain areas, etc.

Edited by TheGuy
  • Sad 1

I wouldn't go advertising a game that is still in development, even though we are still playing.

We were given a choice a year ago now. Play with bugs while they find and fix them,  or NO ONE plays until its ready.

We all know what the decision was.

The team is doing a great job for what they can do not being full time developers for THIS game. Until then we deal with it, or you can come back when the game is officially announced, goes to Steam, has commercials playing on Youtube.....

This was not an attack on you ZeroSignal, I know a lot of people just jumped in because they read an article that Rednim was reopening Rose. And most were not around for the decisions that were given to us and made. I just read a lot of people complaining and saying dead game, game is dying.... how can it be when it not even ready, and not out yet! HAHA

I am hoping maybe soon they can put a popup on login that states this. and you have to click OK every time you login. We are in Early Access, we have been given permission to play while the team changes and fixes the game to their goal.

41 minutes ago, Mek said:

I wouldn't go advertising a game that is still in development, even though we are still playing.

We were given a choice a year ago now. Play with bugs while they find and fix them,  or NO ONE plays until its ready.

We all know what the decision was.

The team is doing a great job for what they can do not being full time developers for THIS game. Until then we deal with it, or you can come back when the game is officially announced, goes to Steam, has commercials playing on Youtube.....

This was not an attack on you ZeroSignal, I know a lot of people just jumped in because they read an article that Rednim was reopening Rose. And most were not around for the decisions that were given to us and made. I just read a lot of people complaining and saying dead game, game is dying.... how can it be when it not even ready, and not out yet! HAHA

I am hoping maybe soon they can put a popup on login that states this. and you have to click OK every time you login. We are in Early Access, we have been given permission to play while the team changes and fixes the game to their goal.

Guess this is right until not fully complete game should not get advertising yet and i see always new people on pumpkins i dont think its dying its just slowly get new people because its old game and probably some dont know yet it come back and others dont know exist.

Ok, I can understand not wanting to spend funds to advertise until the game is released. Now not showing initiative to draw interest to the game in early stages (of an already matured game) I don't get. Sure I'm autistic (quite literally) so I think differently than most, but I do see tangible see examples of this in other games. Ashes of Creation for example is not officially released and is in Alpha phase, yet they very passionately invite their community to contribute in the games development and are extremely transparent with the development cycle. There are frequent YouTube trailers, AMA's, monthly updates, cooperation with streamers, email newsletters, etc. I'm just saying that just because corporate mainstream business models of companies influenced by shareholders dictate that a development cycle should adhere to this rigid defacto plan, doesn't mean they have to or necessarily should. Different can be positive at times. I'll stop posting suggestions, I'm obviously always wrong and am wasting my time with my poor communications skills ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ZeroSignal said:

Ok, I can understand not wanting to spend funds to advertise until the game is released. Now not showing initiative to draw interest to the game in early stages (of an already matured game) I don't get. Sure I'm autistic (quite literally) so I think differently than most, but I do see tangible see examples of this in other games. Ashes of Creation for example is not officially released and is in Alpha phase, yet they very passionately invite their community to contribute in the games development and are extremely transparent with the development cycle. There are frequent YouTube trailers, AMA's, monthly updates, cooperation with streamers, email newsletters, etc. I'm just saying that just because corporate mainstream business models of companies influenced by shareholders dictate that a development cycle should adhere to this rigid defacto plan, doesn't mean they have to or necessarily should. Different can be positive at times. I'll stop posting suggestions, I'm obviously always wrong and am wasting my time with my poor communications skills ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You are again comparing a game with a major team that is starting from the ground up that has enough funds to hire a composer who already has Emmys for another game to a team of 5-6 people who's primary job is NOT ROSE.

1 hour ago, TheGuy said:

You are again comparing a game with a major team that is starting from the ground up that has enough funds to hire a composer who already has Emmys for another game to a team of 5-6 people who's primary job is NOT ROSE.

You’re like that kid who bites everyone. I’ve seen your replies in other posts why do you have to be so mean in the forums like talking bad about people’s job etc. I understand you have your opinions but you don’t have to act tough and being mean. Enjoy yourself, go outside and meet with friends (if you have any). Stop being a Karen and just play the game and have fun. 🤦 

Edited by kaiserkiva

37 minutes ago, kaiserkiva said:

You’re like that kid who bites everyone. I’ve seen your replies in other posts why do you have to be so mean in the forums like talking bad about people’s job etc. I understand you have your opinions but you don’t have to act tough and being mean. Enjoy yourself, go outside and meet with friends (if you have any). Stop being a Karen and just play the game and have fun. 🤦 

So you make your first post to criticize about how you take someone's posting? It's just text on the screen. Stop assuming emotion or putting words in my mouth. I haven't spoken badly about anyones job. I understand business. Rednim is a small team, ROSE most likely does not pay their car/house/phone/internet/electric/rent bills by implementing IM to a few hundred people...

24 minutes ago, TheGuy said:

So you make your first post to criticize about how you take someone's posting? It's just text on the screen. Stop assuming emotion or putting words in my mouth. I haven't spoken badly about anyones job. I understand business. Rednim is a small team, ROSE most likely does not pay their car/house/phone/internet/electric/rent bills by implementing IM to a few hundred people...

The tone of your post is plain rude and condescending . Why assume what they do on their personal lives? Who cares? It’s early access. You’re being a troll trying to get attention and being negative. If you don’t like the games progress atm then go play a different game. 

This thread is now closed.

@Thystrois correct in explaining that there has been another conversation regarding this. @HoneyBunsalso correctly explained that we’re a small company and are not going to advertise until we near the end of Early Access.

If you choose to reply to the post Thystro linked, or any other post, please keep the comments civil and respectful.