Hit/dodge formula

DoubleRose

The odds of an attacking hitting depend on the attacker's accuracy and defender's dodge, but how is it calculated? For example, if I went from 1000 accuracy vs a 3000 accuracy enemy to 1500 accuracy, what would happen to my hit chance?

I doubt it's one divided by the other because a low accuracy attacker can still sometimes hit and a low dodge defender can sometimes avoid an attack. Does anyone know?

• Thanks 1

The formula is accuracy/dodge. It caps at 95% hit rate and minimum of 5%. I think level difference may still play a role but I'm not entirely sure what it is.

I really wish the 5% chance to miss was removed though, it just feels bad casting a slow skill on a mob and having it miss because of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, funny enough back in 2010 I was the one who suggested the hit rate formula when zeppelin was in charge, (it used to be .5 acc/dodge) and I also suggested the 5% miss chance, but back then we also used to have reliable skills which dealt half damage when they 'missed' the 2013 skill update changed the hit rate formula to what it is now, but still left the 5% miss chance.