Bring back ancient items

prettywomanlover

I'm not quite sure what happened to them, if gravity removed them later on or not, but i really miss and loved ancient gear, gear that could be any peice of armor, that could be worn by any class. For example, you could have an ancient heavenly coat, normally only a muse can wear a heavenly coat, and because its ancient, it can be worn by any class. i just thought this was such an awesome concept and really added to transmog diversity.  would be awesome to have those back!

thanks for reading!

Edited by prettywomanlover
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mewi said:

Neat idea, I've always liked the dimple headpiece.

Yeah ancient gear was so cool and really made for some unique looks. Was pretty awesome and funny seeing a mage with ancient raptor gear. I had an ancient heavenly coat and it was one of my favorite items in game. Also, these sold for quite a lot, so was pretty good for the market and was a zulie sink to get these items. Hope they make a come back!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, prettywomanlover said:

Yeah ancient gear was so cool and really made for some unique looks. Was pretty awesome and funny seeing a mage with ancient raptor gear. I had an ancient heavenly coat and it was one of my favorite items in game. Also, these sold for quite a lot, so was pretty good for the market and was a zulie sink to get these items. Hope they make a come back!

Playing devil's advocate - it's also important to maintain individual class identity. Much like other MMORPG's, cloth wearers for example 'could' look cool wearing plate armor, but it sort of ruins the class fantasy (even if it's only from a transmog/aesthetic perspective).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

The ancient items were left over from when the NA server switched to Evo many years ago.  I don't believe they are still in the database here tbh

Ah that is sad. Well, wouldn't to simply create a duplicate of gear parts, and add ancient to the title and allow any job to wear it. Boom its back 😄 haha. Would be so cool to get these as a really rare dungeon drop. would add alot more incentive to dungeons thats for sure 😄

• Like 2

Yes they got deleted from our data.

Also i don't like too munch the idea to have people wearing other class set, it's nice be able to recognize the classes by their set and also class sets are one of the reason to build a specific class imo.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

They were a bug from the pre-evo to evo change over and the devs just never bothered to fix them.

Ancient items not having a class requirement was unintentional so not sure why they would bring that back. Seems to defeat the purpose of making particular classes as Garnet said.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Garnet said:

Yes they got deleted from our data.

Also i don't like too munch the idea to have people wearing other class set, it's nice be able to recognize the classes by their set and also class sets are one of the reason to build a specific class imo.

How about the faith items sir? Pls bring them back tyvm! 

• Like 1