[Fun topic] What if you could rebuild ROSE Online.....

What if you could rebuild ROSE Online from the ground up today, what would you change?

What would you do different to make ROSE Online match modern days? To smooth out the wrinkles that you find that needs improving. It can be anything you think of. This topic is not suggestive for the devteam, but can act as a moodboard from the community to the devteam to improve the game.

UauYxj8.jpeg.b1cb0bec0d8f48968ce391d05f0da9bf.jpeg

Let me start. I would do the following:

• Each planet is one big continent. No longer seperate zones, but you can travel seamlessly from one zone to another.
  • Each zone would be much bigger to have a better immersiveness of each zone.
  • The main story questline guides the player through the zones instead of being sent on a wild goose chase.
  • Of course according to modern times the graphics/game engine/etc.. will be greatly improved without losing the charm of ROSE.
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 1:36 AM, skeptic said:

I would love to be able to play on mobile! This would require a rebuilding of the UI to make it easier on the thumbs haha.

A few years ago they actually tried to do this. It just never got released.3

video on youtube

On topic: What I would like to see is a mini kart game like mario kart.

Edited by Whitestars

On 5/5/2022 at 10:56 PM, Zeror said:

Let me start. I would do the following:

• Each planet is one big continent. No longer seperate zones, but you can travel seamlessly from one zone to another.
  • Each zone would be much bigger to have a better immersiveness of each zone.
  • The main story questline guides the player through the zones instead of being sent on a wild goose chase.
  • Of course according to modern times the graphics/game engine/etc.. will be greatly improved without losing the charm of ROSE.

This ! 
Especially :
 - Whole continent as one zone
 - Better visibility (see farther players & mobs & interactions)
 - better combat feeling when receiving a blunt/stun vs. trying to cast a spell

Pretty much agree with the current devteam, wasd/controller movement and support for modern monitors and resolutions. For the rest I'd mainly focus on new content and features. I wouldn't touch the game/engine too much, as it should still feel like Rose and not like some brand new MMO.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sui said:

Pretty much agree with the current devteam, wasd/controller movement and support for modern monitors and resolutions. For the rest I'd mainly focus on new content and features. I wouldn't touch the game/engine too much, as it should still feel like Rose and not like some brand new MMO.

Even with upgrading the engine, one is still able to make it look and feel like ROSE. 

If you keep it as it is now, then good luck with keeping the game alive for another decade. It’s not whether or not it should happen, but it’ll eventually need to happen if anyone wants it to survive and gaining new population. The high majority of players here now are all coming from having played this in the past. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think as long as you transposed a lot of the R.O.S.E mechanics to a new engine, you could definitely keep the same spirit of the game while improving/adding things. Z-space would be really interesting to play with in this universe.

I think I would add:

- the ability to jump and interact on z-axis

- animation canceling

- improve responsiveness of netcode

- refine dynamic camera & wasd support until it feels incredibly responsive

- streamline hit-stuns/flinching to be more skill based / controllable

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yes, the question that I've contemplate for 10 years.

I got some major system changes I'd put up.
1: Spell Crafting and the Removal of all Classes. 
 - In very short limited detail. You select the Animation from a list [dependent upon weapon type you opt to wield] an archetype [heavy strike, rapid strike, arcing strike, etc] Damage type [physicals being piercing, slashing, crushing, Magical being Shadow, Holy, Sorcery, or Elemental being Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth or Poison]
[Advanced balancing algorithms would need to be tested.] In short, you craft your class similar to classic DnD RPG fashion.
2: Obviously modern day stylized / anime inspired graphics. Ballpark it somewhere between a Modernized version of Dark Cloud 2, Genshin and WildStar.
3: Physics with interactable Environments. Scaling Mountains. Gliding/Flying Physics. Swimming. Spelunking. so forth.
4: Remove Instancing for leveling dungeons, have them be over-world locations with NPCs reacting to player presence.
5: Scaling End-game Dungeons [If you play gameslike WoW with their M+ Key system, something similar. Progressively scale up dungeons to meet player skill, opt in only].
6: Rogue-like Deep Dungeon / Dungeon Diving single player mode. 
7: Solo-qeue Ranked PvP duels, that yield rewards. Random Qeue in. [This is in addition to standard group pvp modes]
8: Bring back, and massively re-tool Factions. Implement missing factions [Gypsy and Ikaness]. Fundamentally incorporate factions influences in the world.
9: PAT Over-haul and game modes / engagements that requires PAT participation.
10: The most important. Continue. The. Hero. Quest. ROSE feels shallow as is, due to a major lack of narrative direction. Story drives purpose. Purpose gives legitimacy to the games constructs. Legitimized game constructs and mechanics make gameplay feel rewarding and interactive, even without rewards. 

That's my 10 major things I'd instantly snap my fingers to accomplish if I had infinite money at my disposal. 

Edited by OwlchemistVile
  • Like 1