A full server reset?

Webz

Would u want a full server reset?   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would u want a full server reset?

• Yes
    • No

From Krawfy zulie quest nerf , Dissembling spears into lisent U bug , chewed bone quest nerf. U cant deny some people has crazy advantage on the economy over other guys. Not to mention the unstable server , when some gets dc and some gets trap on the login page for years.

I know this is a f2p game + early access but I do think a reset/new server shud be a thing in near future , this whole gameplay so far feels like a beta experience with bugs testing. From buggy AA to Orlo's disaster , people abusing 4 clients + macros. 

No this is not a QQ thread , just a discussion if there should be a reset 🙂 

A direct quote from Lazypenguin: ...''

We've heard you loud and clear: you want to play ROSE again. So our priority is to get everyone playing and enjoying ROSE again while we iterate and improve the game during early access. However, there's one big twist: We will not be doing a full reset of the game after the early access release!

It's not motivating to play a game knowing your progress will be wiped. The MMORPG experience is an ongoing, evolutionary experience and the team will adapt to the ever changing nature of the world we release. A wipe is a nice cheat code for the developers but we have come to believe it's a punishment for players. Since we will be in early alpha there may be minor rollbacks or resets if anything truly game breaking occurs but we are committed to a release with no resets."

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Webz said:

From Krawfy zulie quest nerf , Dissembling spears into lisent U bug , chewed bone quest nerf. U cant deny some people has crazy advantage on the economy over other guys. Not to mention the unstable server , when some gets dc and some gets trap on the login page for years.

I know this is a f2p game + early access but I do think a reset/new server shud be a thing in near future , this whole gameplay so far feels like a beta experience with bugs testing. From buggy AA to Orlo's disaster , people abusing 4 clients + macros. 

No this is not a QQ thread , just a discussion if there should be a reset 🙂 

Please read the endless and countless posts and topics about this discussion… it’s not gonna happen.

2 hours ago, Artsy said:

They should.  

They should only do a reset when they change so much to the game that the game cannot be compared anymore to the current situation. As long that is not the case a reset is not necessary. The changes so far are minor changes.

Edited by Zeror

"A couple quests were nerfed, so the only reasonable thing to do is wipe everyone's progress. Punish the people who worked hard to level their characters, punish the clans who worked together to grow, punish the players who grinded hard to get rare items and skills, and so on. It's not fair that they have more than I do. A reset would fix it and they definitely wouldn't get ahead of me again. Not a QQ thread at all."

You can get a unique for a couple hundred thousand a level twice as fast as I did the first time. You can then sell your dirties for 20k each. Yes, just a couple drops and you can gear your character with a huge advantage the first players didn't have, but tell me more about how the economy is broken. You have a far bigger advantage with access to dirt cheap goods than the first players did with their high amounts of zulie that only have the intrinsic value of being able to travel between planets and refine.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DoubleRose said:

"A couple quests were nerfed, so the only reasonable thing to do is wipe everyone's progress. Punish the people who worked hard to level their characters, punish the clans who worked together to grow, punish the players who grinded hard to get rare items and skills, and so on. It's not fair that they have more than I do. A reset would fix it and they definitely wouldn't get ahead of me again. Not a QQ thread at all."

You can get a unique for a couple hundred thousand a level twice as fast as I did the first time. You can then sell your dirties for 20k each. Yes, just a couple drops and you can gear your character with a huge advantage the first players didn't have, but tell me more about how the economy is broken. You have a far bigger advantage with access to dirt cheap goods than the first players did with their high amounts of zulie that only have the intrinsic value of being able to travel between planets and refine.

I’m all for a reset.  Gems are everywhere now.  Uniques and epics are everywhere.  Exalted everywhere.  And guess what?  They’re all dirt cheap too.  Soon everybody will have all these items.  Since they’re so easily dropped, nobody is going to buy them from vendors anymore because they drop so often, and they’re aren't any new players coming in to buy them from vendors.  If anything, the devs need to bump down the drop rate for all these “rare” items.  

Soon, 90% of the vendors in Junon will just sell uniques and gems lmao.  

Edited by Artsy
Typo

11 minutes ago, Artsy said:

I’m all for a reset.  Gems are everywhere now.  Uniques and epics are everywhere.  Exalted everywhere.  And guess what?  They’re all dirt cheap too.  Soon everybody will have all these items.  Since they’re so easily dropped, nobody is going to buy them from vendors anymore because they drop so often, and they’re aren't any new players coming in to buy them from vendors.  If anything, the devs need to bump down the drop rate for all these “rare” items.  

Soon, 90% of the vendors in Junon will just sell uniques and gems lmao.  

If you think there are too many, resetting the server won't change anything. In two months, prices would go back to what they are now (assuming most of the player base didn't quit). If you want to lower the supply of uniques, you make them account locked again. There's so many because players can use them and then sell.

5 minutes ago, DoubleRose said:

If you think there are too many, resetting the server won't change anything. In two months, prices would go back to what they are now (assuming most of the player base didn't quit). If you want to lower the supply of uniques, you make them account locked again. There's so many because players can use them and then sell.

Account bound is lame. The reason there are so many is high lvl's killing low lvl mobs that drop them. Make blue and white mobs stop giving loot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LordAlbion said:

Account bound is lame. The reason there are so many is high lvl's killing low lvl mobs that drop them. Make blue and white mobs stop giving loot.

Blue mobs should still drop loot at about a 25-33% rate because according to the game they are something you could level against. White should not drop anything at all.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 4:48 PM, DoubleRose said:

Blue mobs should still drop loot at about a 25-33% rate because according to the game they are something you could level against. White should not drop anything at all.

Dude are you 5 year old? Reset is not nessecery?Ppl run with 5k Lisen U in them and even more when some ppl got 5 cos of stupid bug exploit?Ppl run with 500mil when some are still not on chew bones quest and they will never be gonna able to catch up that is fair to you?...You want more?Most of casual players left for less then that and alot of ppl at lower lvls cant pt cos there are no ppl left to party is that fun for you?...Need more?Lower lvl ppl cant affort anythink cos they are poor as hell is that fun for you?Want more? Economy is totaly dead is that good for you? want more?Drop and exp rates are not 1x is that normal to you? Want more? What more you want to figure out that if they dont wipe and fix alot of easy stuff server will be dead in few months and then you will play with ~50 ppl in it?Is that fun for you?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Kotence said:

Reset is not nessecery?

A reset is magical thinking that all your problems will be solved. The goal should be to fix the glaring issues such as login, drop table, and repeatable quests. A reset wouldn't change any of that. Let's cure the cause not the symptoms. Once things are fixed, all the old issues will be fade away to nothing. Players will want to make new characters to farm in specific spots and everyone won't be concentrated on the same quest areas. Most importantly, people will be able to log in. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DoubleRose said:

A reset is magical thinking that all your problems will be solved. The goal should be to fix the glaring issues such as login, drop table, and repeatable quests. A reset wouldn't change any of that. Let's cure the cause not the symptoms. Once things are fixed, all the old issues will be fade away to nothing. Players will want to make new characters to farm in specific spots and everyone won't be concentrated on the same quest areas. Most importantly, people will be able to log in. 

you can read aleast before you post "if they dont wipe and fix alot of easy stuff"