The old Charm system at Masks/Face items was better.

Zeror

I really dislike the way how masks/face items works now. The old way based on charm was a much better system.

Now some, beautiful masks/face items, are not used by some classes as you don't need a certain stat. The old system where a Masks/Face items had a base charm and stats were random was much nices to have and made each Masks/Face item for every class.

I think the current system is alright but could be tweaked a bit. There’s only a couple of viable masks right now and the quest mask (Junon Mask) is often the best choice. Literally ever seen anyone sell the Totem Mask once, for instance. So they could upgrade the stats on some of them for sure. I’d even like it so that each mask had some role they’d be viable for.

What i find better with the old system is that masks/face items were class independent. With masks/face items that has STR, DEX or something as base stat this is no longer the case. The iRose system was better with an amount of charm was added based on the level/quality of the mask/face item.

1 hour ago, OwlchemistVile said:

I'm just not following why it's important which mask you have under your costume.

Otherwise it will rely too much on the costume function, when in fact the costume function is something you can also use and is not required.

The thing is.... when masks all gave charm no one was really wearing the clown noses and totem masks to begin with because they look goofy, (and gave less charm than some other masks anyway).... No the irose function on masks wasnt better lol.