Increase the amount of mobs in Luna

SpliffJunky

Hello all,

I have noticed in my time in Kenji Beach, Arumic Valley and Mana Snowfields, where I currently am, that there is an overpopulation issue due to the popularity of the server. This can lead to instances of members from other parties "stealing" mobs at spawn from "your" area which in turn creates tension between members where there should be none. Note the quotation marks; I realize that despite bonfire placement and reasons xyz, there is no such thing as my mobs or your mobs or his mobs, they're just mobs, however this is still a source of tension which I have seen devolve into toxic behavior.

Comment below if you agree with this sentiment, just to get a vibe if I'm the only one who feels this way or not.

Also note that when this "mob stealing" occurs, if a member from a party that isn't yours gets the first hit, the quest item will go to that player, regardless of who kills it or who deals most damage. Below are some suggestions to this issue and the overpopulation issue:

1) Simply, have denser mob areas.

This would negate the need to "steal" other parties' mobs and also allow the tank(s) of the party to have more of a chance to do his job. A variant on this option, which I'm sure would not make the devs lives any easier (sry), would be to have mob density scale to player count on either a) the whole map or b) a specific area of the map. Mobs would spawn as they do now if there were <10 players in the area but once you get to 30+ players in the area, it would look like the prison in Eldeon.

2) Instead of first hit counting, have any hit count.

This implies that if anyone attacks the mob, that player and every member of his party would get the quest item. I understand that this could be used as an exploit, as one could just sit next to a party and attack a mob once or AoE to get quest items for little to no effort. A solution to this happens to be the next one which is...

3) Increase max party size even MOAR.

I know that it has already been increased but there have been multiple times where I could have made 20 - 30 member parties, based on how many people I turned down due to the party being full. Instead of having a small area (south Arumic Valley, near spawn, all Yeti Riders for instance) being occupied by 3-4 full parties, not giving each other room and the courtesy to leave the mobs near them alone, it could be 1-2 parties, 15-20 members each, allowing other parties to have their space while also allowing more members to be in one area without having to fight other members/parties for mobs, since quest items would be shared by everyone in the party.

4) Private map option.

Personally, this is my least favorite solution, but it would be a solution nonetheless. Have the option when you party to activate "private mode" (or whatever), which would make all other players on your current map "vanish" (and you + your party members would vanish to them), leaving the whole map open to you. Have access to all the spots without interfering with another party and their experience. 

I don't like this solution as much because the game is an MMO and this would definitely take away from that aspect of it, as it would make the rest of the players inaccessible to you and vice versa.

These are all the solutions I have come up with so far, if any of you have any, please post them below.

Big thank you to devs for the work you do and the experience you bring to us players.

Big thanks to you players for keeping the community alive. 

I don't think its that big of an issue.  It is what it is. 

What I'd like though is multiple-location random spawns, especially for King types but it would work with regular mob groups as well.  That way if your party is in one spot of say like 3-4 spots that specific mob group might not spawn right away for you...or it might spawn there multiple times in a row.  This game has a lot of map real estate that goes unused or is less populated throughout the leveling path for most players.  RNG FTW!

It’s a lack of questing option issue. There are better monsters to grind xp from directly without quests. It’s just that those areas you mentioned are the fastest to level or earn the most money at their levels so everyone tends to go there for the quests.

There are alternative options but again it’s the quests that make those areas popular. When you go to Eldeon you’ll see the same thing again with the quests there. 

If you want your own mobs for xp grinding without the quests try other maps, they are empty. Such maps are: Forgotten Temple, Mt Eucar, Freezing Plateu, Crystal Snowfields (on Luna). Goblin Cave B2/B3, Gorge of Silence, Desert of Dead (on Junon) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Heatfist said:

It’s a lack of questing option issue. There are better monsters to grind xp from directly without quests. It’s just that those areas you mentioned are the fastest to level or earn the most money at their levels so everyone tends to go there for the quests.

There are alternative options but again it’s the quests that make those areas popular. When you go to Eldeon you’ll see the same thing again with the quests there. 

If you want your own mobs for xp grinding without the quests try other maps, they are empty. Such maps are: Forgotten Temple, Mt Eucar, Freezing Plateu, Crystal Snowfields (on Luna). Goblin Cave B2/B3, Gorge of Silence, Desert of Dead (on Junon) 

i totaly agree with you.This game at this stage is turned into quest making game.Is this "Quest rose online" or?

• Like 1

The real issue is that mob xp is not nearly as good as quest xp.

So everyone flocks to the repeatable quest regions, and everything else is empty.

It’s silly and people are only experiencing a fraction of the regions. Clowns, Doongas, Krafwies and Nephs are the only mobs you need to see from levels 50 to 160.

Old school regions like Forgotten/Oblivion Temple are desolate.

Solution: preferably increase mob XP in other regions. Or alternatively add quests to other regions. But the whole repeatable quest thing is boring to begin with (spend a third of the time doing runbacks), IMO, so I prefer the first solution.

Modern MMO's use an map instancing method against overpopulation. This means if a certain amount of players are on a map and new players are moving into the same map a new instance of the map will be opened. As player you won't notice that there are more instances of the same map. Players from the same clan, same party and friends will be placed in the same instance to focus on playing together. This system is usually disabled for cities and other player hubs.

It would be cool if the devs can build this into ROSE, but the server architecture must support this.

Luna is a wasteland when it comes to mobs. Mob density is extremely scarce, with only some "hotspots" where there are a lot of mobs and those are always packed. If you can't find a party, tough luck.

My suggestion is simple, either increase the amount of mobs across all Luna maps or raise their spawn rate. Increasing mob density between 20-50% would be a good fix for this, there would be more places available for parties and would also improve the soloing experience.