Reinforcing armor is broken(increasing dura)

Whoop

Reinforcing of items seems to be heavily balanced around the old itemmal addons. Currently at 47 dura my item has 55% chance of increasing in durability, and if it fails it lowers it's durability. Not only does it have a very low chance, it also costs 500k zulie to try this upgrade. 

With the current system it's near impossible to reinforce item without it failing before it gets to a higher durability. It seemed to be a zulie sink for the heaviliy inflated old server. But is way out of proportion for this server. 

I suggest increasing chances, and lowering zulie by a high margin. Especially with the income changes(chewed bone) it shouldn't be this expensive. 

In the current state it's an unusable function in the game. 

Edited by Whoop
  • Like 4

• Whoop changed the title to Reinforcing armor is broken(increasing dura)

I agree with the upping the % chance of success. They’ve done a similar approach to the refining system in that they increased the % chance of success as all P2W items were removed. 

This is coming from the update that implemented this system. At the end, it shows you which items were used for the item mall that is no longer present. 

Item Reinforcement System

Equipment items can now have their durability upgraded up to 100 through item reinforcement!
Item reinforcement services are offered by [Armor Merchant] Saki in Junon Polis.
Item durability can increase on success or decrease on failure by up to 5 levels per reinforcement attempt.
Items that fail a reinforcement attempt will not drop below 1 durability.
Items with 0 durability are considered to be damaged beyond repair and cannot be reinforced.
**Several new materials which are used to reinforce items are dropped by monsters in Game Arena dungeons.**
Reinforcement Powder - Used to reinforce items at all levels of durability; Uncommon tier.
Reinforcement Alloy (Sn) - Used to reinforce items up to 40 durability; Rare tier.
Reinforcement Alloy (Cr) - Used to reinforce items up to 60 durability; Rare tier.
Reinforcement Alloy (Mn) - Used to reinforce items up to 80 durability; Rare tier.
Reinforcement Alloy (Ti) - Used to reinforce items up to 100 durability; Rare tier.
Optional enhancer materials are also available from the Item Mall to augment your experience with item reinforcement:
Reinforcement Compound - Boosts success rate on a reinforcement attempt.
Reinforcement Protector - Prevents item durability from degrading on a failed reinforcement attempt.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Avatar said:

I agree with the upping the % chance of success. They’ve done a similar approach to the refining system in that they increased the % chance of success as all P2W items were removed. 

This is coming from the update that implemented this system. At the end, it shows you which items were used for the item mall that is no longer present. 

Exactly, and the zulie has been overtuned as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I did play around with this, just on the reinforced armour I was wearing, after a few attempts and a couple million later, I left Saki with my armour at the same point as I had arrived. 

This was for sure just created as a zulie sink, could do with a bit of a over hall, Even if pricing doesn't chance a lot, it'll be good if it could be improved much like the refine system so you could get to say DUR50 with no risk of going back down, then it increases in risk from there. Because it shouldn't be easy to get your amour all maxed, needs to remain a challenge. 

I literally just realized that new people didn't get it was a zulie sink. Should get sorted out when the devs have time, although having another zulie sink isn't a bad idea. Anyway, you know what would be funny? If, in addition to the reinforcement mats you had to use actual tin (Sn), chromium (Cr) and so on in large volume for your reinforcement.

Edited by Bobbity
  • Confused 1

Zulie sinks are important but like they should also be more in line with how much zulie is created in game. The zulie sinks are still the same rates (refining, reinforcing etc) as they were at the end of na which already had tons of inflation. Not to mention your zulie gains while leveling are so awful in certain ranges, like remember theres no zulie drops anymore either.