Quality of Life Suggestions (and maybe some nutty ideas.)

HotaruAsakuraVT

Hello! 

So I've discussed this particular idea with Avatar from the ROSE Discord and he suggested I throw it here too, so here I am!

I do have some several Quality of Life suggestions/improvement/feedbacks that may be -hopefully- implemented in upcoming patches, whether big or small, I hope it gets decent traction!

QoL Suggestion 1: Base Stat Distribution

So after checking in with Avatar about how Rednim's ROSE stat system works, it turns out that the system works as x + y

X = Base Stat + Gear Stats

Y = Buff Bonuses

This brings a little bit of confusion to players like me (who can't have the time to undress/redress) my armor to get my bare stats because well, inventory and grind trance-- so why not add a couple lines which will dictate "Base Stat" and "Gear Bonus" stats much like how hovering over ATK works for "Base Attack" "Equipment" "Skill Power" "Bonus Damage %"? 

This way players don't have to worry about ungearing and regearing while keeping track of their stats especially if they can't remember how many they have in total?

QoL Suggestion 2/Feedback: Recovery Item Regen Speed

I'm aware that the changes is rather intentional, where in vials/bottle potions are the Instant Heal option, but this also makes purchasing food and drink items moot due their slow regen speed (like 1-2% every 2-3 seconds give or take? I don't think anyone can survive with that) especially if you're a hulking Tank Soldier with a maxed out regen passive (literally trivializes it)

So why not give the standard recovery items a bit of an oomph to their regen speed? Maybe like 50-75% faster? But not as instantaneous as Vials and Bottles.

Rationale: This also opens new skill builds for Soldiers who decided to forego the regen passive, also gives the Squishy Trio a bit of survivability (particularly Dealers/Bourgs/Raiders/Clerics) 

This is a stretch but I do hope this is taken into consideration.

---

Nutty Ideas Section

Nuff said, nutty ideas, not to be taken seriously but can be taken with a grain of salt.

Off-hand equipment for Two hander users.

This might take a lot of time so this is considered a nutty idea.

I mean aside from Crossbow and Wand wielders, the rest of the classes don't have any off-hand options, so this came up in my head.

Champions get a War Flag off-hand, increases flat ATK.

Scouts get Quiver-off hands, which can also act as an interim Backpacks that when you equip it, any arrows currently equipped will have a weight reduction bonus of roughly 25% and a mild attack speed boost of 5% (as default stats) 

Raiders get Lucky Coin style off-hand, gives a default crit boost of 5-10 points, and Critical Damage boost of X points

Bourgs and Battle Artisans get "Auto Loaders", which acts almost the same as Quivers, but provides more attack speed at the cost of accuracy 

Mages can get Spell Crystal offhands, providing a boost to their Skill Power by a small % at default/NPC state, and they're rarer to obtain as a Blue/Unique, and certain Crystals can provide an Element Boost to certain spells (to eliminate the over reliance/meta of Fire Spells)

The 2-Hand off-handers WILL NOT have block rate. 

Edited by HotaruAsakuraVT
More ideas!

• HotaruAsakuraVT changed the title to Quality of Life Suggestions (and maybe some nutty ideas.)
  • 3 weeks later...

Where have

On 1/16/2023 at 2:58 PM, HotaruAsakuraVT said:

Mages can get Spell Crystal offhands, providing a boost to their Skill Power by a small % at default/NPC state, and they're rarer to obtain as a Blue/Unique, and certain Crystals can provide an Element Boost to certain spells (to eliminate the over reliance/meta of Fire Spells)

Where have I seen this before?

On 1/16/2023 at 2:58 PM, HotaruAsakuraVT said:

Scouts get Quiver-off hands, which can also act as an interim Backpacks that when you equip it, any arrows currently equipped will have a weight reduction bonus of roughly 25% and a mild attack speed boost of 5% (as default stats) 

I support quivers on scouts, and especially cosmetics for quivers. 

• Confused 1