Is the Exp Level compensation system fair?

Mengano

Hello

Excellent job with the game, but I have a question. Many of the players do not feel that the experience level given by the game to the characters is fair, and we are concerned about how long does the given game take for a character to reach its maximum level? Many people play 6-12 hours a day and can only level up 4-5 levels a day. Is that what the developers want or is it a game tuning bug? Not all people can dedicate 12 hours a day to play and are leaving the game because of it. Thank you.

Edited by Mengano
The translation
  • Like 2

• Mengano changed the title to Is the Exp Level compensation system fair?

I think it's too fast if the game was done well. Trivializes all other content except end game. Sadly, everything early is so unrewarding or broken so you only look forward to end game content. For how fast people want to level though, they should just nix leveling all together. Everyone gets a lv250.

I don't think you should go from lvl 1 to lvl 250, but leveling up should be a fun experience and one that persuades people to explore, in search of a better experience and more challenges, and that is only achieved when the difficulty level it is equivalent to item and experience rewards. But that a person late from lvl 80 to 100, on Luna from 15 to 30 hours, is an exaggeration and more if you don't have a good party. But that's only the people who like the game and have limited time think. Thanks.

Soloing vs a party is at least a x5 difference in speed, if not more. Soloing has you take your time killing one thing at a time, meanwhile parties lure in a huge herd and blast them all. Parties also have lots buffs available to them, while a soloer might have a couple self buffs at best. I've found parties to be more fun and much faster.

Probably something should be done to make soloing/small parties more rewarding. The luna grind solo is the worst thing you could possibly experience in this game.

"The luna grind solo is the worst thing you could possibly experience in this game."
As someone who did exactly that, no party, solo quested from 1 to 196, yes, Luna is the worst part.

As for the OP, I wouldn't mind seeing the Episode quest reformatted to be a viable leveling option. The quest can take time to fully complete, and has lots of running around.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mengano said:

Many people play 6-12 hours a day and can only level up 4-5 levels a day.

??????

Am I insane or this already sounds like an absurd amount of both play time and amount of levels you can get within that playtime. This is slow leveling??

You'd have to first level one (or maybe even more than one) character up to 250 (maximum) to really be able to say what the leveling curve feels like, and even then, it highly depends on what you actually do to level up. Note that I am level 203 right now on my highest character, and 146 on my second highest.

I do think that currently some tweaking needs to be done across the board, but I would advocate for making 1-100 a little slower, and some portions of the higher parts a little faster. 1-60 seems too fast to me, and after that it becomes a curve, though the krawfy and doonga repeatable quests still give /alot/ of exp, and in my eyes possibly even too much at that, since other alternatives are a waste, now. Most people then go to Luna asap, and then continu to grind out repeatables there; yeti first, then yeti riders, then bears. You do this until you're ready to go to Eldeon, where you take on yet again new repeatable quests. In my eyes, 80-120 felt rather slow, after 120 it picked up again.
And then later on it slows down again around 160 to 180; at 180, you go to Orlo and do the three repeatables quests there; and then you do 1 level per 15 minutes or so until 190, after which it becomes like, 20 mins per level up to 203 at least. 

Furthermore, I'd say that in the case of ROSE, reaching end game may be rather pointless to be honest; ROSE is in my opinion more about the leveling experience rather than reaching end game. I don't think there really is anything to do once you hit 250. In other words, much of your playtime is actually leveling throughout the game. Why stare blind on reaching 250? You could ask to make it faster. Then what, reach max level in 2 weeks, faster players in under a couple days, and then find that there's actually not a whole lot else to do.

This does not mean I don't want to see changes, but those changes should be tweaks to make it overall a little more stable and balanced across the board, as well as making other methods (to gain experience, respectively) equally viable in the long run.

editted formatting, spelling mistakes

Edited by DegeneRedPanda
Typos
  • Like 2