Staff and communication

Angeltje

My suggestion is for staff to start communicating with us players. Not announcing an maintenance on forums nor discord is not good at all..  

Currently the staff is like a galaxy away from us due lack of communication. Next time a proper announcement please and thank you.

• Like 1

As someone with a poorly ran stream, a heads-up outside of game would be nice so I don't plan to do things during a planned down-time that no one was told about. So I have to agree, betters heads up would be nice. Else my 2 viewers aren't going to keep giving me pity bits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I second this. I've advocated for clear and transparent communication for a while now - something that I believe ultimately led to the creation of the updates channel on the ROSE discord. But.. ..I feel like right now, we're just all in the dark.

I'm not asking for a status update every hour; but it'd be nice to know an ETA for a maintenance schedule,
and it would be nice to hear what the devs are currently tackling and/or facing, especially in recently light of what happened
with all the trouble with the servers behind us. Just a general idea of what's going on would be nice, but a roadmap would be even better.
And of course, if truly doing this right, update this sort of information to the forums AND the discord server (announcements, updates channels) simultaneously.

Cherry on top? a list of patch notes *before* the actual patch hits live! 

But honestly, right now, communication just feels lackluster in general. We usually seem to get information after something's already happened, if at all.
And that leaves alot of people in the dark & confused, and just generates speculation and rumors. 
I understand the amount of stress the dev team is under, and the amount of pressure there is on the shoulders of the community team.
But I do believe clear communications, or at least timely communications at that, would help prevent alot of workload - less topics created and less talk about these things neccesary BOTH on the discord and the ROSE forums. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I third this! Atleast 2 hours in advanced notification prior to the take down. No one wants to be 80% deep into a boss fight then get dc’d. Or crafting and suddenly dc and potentially losing materials. 

Scheduled > Spontaneous 

Besides that, thank you for you hard work and dedication to keep the game going even with all its ups and downs and all arounds 🙂

• Like 1

Nobody doubts Rednims intentions. We know they want to make a good game, and gaming experience. We're telling them how to do that. Heads up, in advance on Discord, Forums, In-game and possibly twitter if it's long enough. A simple Discord notify + in-game message for quick restarts. EZ PZ done.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FishEDdx said:

The staff is trying it's best and i would put my hand into fire to say that they want the whole opposite as making your gameplay unfulfilled.

i know that but the communication currently is just bad.. it needs to be better so I am suggesting for them to improve it cause currently the lack of communication is leaving people confused and annoyed.