Play Rose online On mac

Mangoking

Good evening Rose online friends,

Perhaps it is useful to mention that in the past Rose online could only be played on a Windows computer. Now it's true that I think you can attract more players if you can add Mac computers? I'm not saying it doesn't work, but it can be useful to look at this. It's just an idea

Kind Regards,

Mangoking

It did work via emulation/etc before on Mac also (older macs used Intel cpu), now with Apple moving to own (Arm based) silicon, running non-native things became more complicated.

Probably they have plan for it for future, even though mac user base is still very small compared to windows one

Edited by rayun
  • Thanks 1

We already plan to support Mac in the future (several of our team use macbooks) but it will take some time for us to be able to support it. In the meantime, if players want to test via wine or proton then we'd be happy to make adjustments to make them work better using those emulation layers.

I think focusing on wine/proton emulation which as a person currently on a 2009 macbook pro I can do all sorts of tests for us. I haven't run any Mac OS since..... 2012 but i have the hard drive space to try again why not. I run full linux and have played almost every version on linux so I'll be happy to "unit" test those options haha.

The hard thing would obviously be the newer arm M1 macbooks... which I will not test.... But i'm willing to help others that do have it find a way because i'd seriously doubt there isn't a way!

aka almost certainly straight wine would work very well with minimal config. But we just need the bare minimum (dx9 ect)

Edited by MittelDank