Questions about Artisans and Materials

1) Will crafting give experience points? What other actions will provide xp?

2) Will materials have descriptions on how they can be obtained? Are they tradeable?

3) What would affect drop rates? And do you have to be around the same level as the target in order for items to drop?

I'm new to the game and I just wanna chill playing single client as an Artisan. But that depends on the answers to the questions above. I'm thinking of crafting items free of charge as long as the client provide the materials. I will only farm as needed. My focus would be on crafting at least 1 of each craftable item (if possible).

• Like 2

1. Yes, crafting provides exp. Regular grinding, dungeons, and quest completions also provide exp. 

2. Materials are tradable.
There is talk about having a sort of directory in which it tells us where to find materials, but that hasn’t been finalized/approved as far as I’m aware. 
Another idea from Percent1 is providing you access to your own type of wiki in which when you kill mobs or discover something it auto saves the info so you know where you ran across it previously. This is just an idea, though. 

3. Bourgeois has a passive skill called “stockpile” that increases the quantity of items dropped. There are also drop rate gems you can get to increase your common, uncommon, rare, etc drop chance. 
You do not need to be around the same level as the mob to receive drops, no. However, the higher level you are to that mob the decrease in drop percentage you have of getting that drop because of a penalty.

Also, welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here and are eager as the rest of us to play! Our discord server is quite active, as well. In case you have any other questions or need clarifications regarding anything. 

Edited by Avatar
  • Like 2

1) Nice to know cos I want to be able to gain skill points without having to do regular grinding that much.

2) Yeay! I can level up by providing free crafting services.

A wiki would be extremely helpful. Knowing what you can craft with what skill and what materials would be divine.

3) I guess I have to aim for drop rate gems since I'll be an Artisan and not Bourgeois.

I think the penalty on drops wouldn't matter that much when you can 1-hit the lower level mobs anyway, so that's really neat.

Thank you for the info.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Avatar said:

There is talk about having a sort of directory in which it tells us where to find materials, but that hasn’t been finalized/approved as far as I’m aware. 

And besides that it is always possible to ask people in-game or on the forum/Discord! There are always helpful people around that have an answer 😇

4 hours ago, Amafi said:

In this Rose version there is no 1 shotting mobs.

Yikes. Even for example I'm level 100 and I need mats from level 1 mobs? You mean I still can't 1-shot them?

Good luck to my Artisan indeed. Good luck to you too.

2 hours ago, Loerslang said:

And besides that it is always possible to ask people in-game or on the forum/Discord! There are always helpful people around that have an answer 😇

Gaming is more enyoyable when you understand things and therefore can make concrete goals and better decisions, so I won't hesitate to ask. 🥰

• Like 1

There are NPC's on each planet that sell some of the lower quality materials. There are materials in the Valor Shop but you will need valor points to buy them so you'll have to earn those points from valor quests and later from dungeon quests.  

Artisans do get exp from crafting but it would take a really, really long time to level that way.  You should plan on actually playing and think of the exp from crafting as a bonus rather than a way to level. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

There are NPC's on each planet that sell some of the lower quality materials. There are materials in the Valor Shop but you will need valor points...

Oh, so there are shops for materials. What are Valor quests though?

9 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

Artisans do get exp from crafting but it would take a really, really long time to level that way.  You should plan on actually playing and think of the exp from crafting as a bonus rather than a way to level. 

Ooof, guess I have to grind just like everyone else. Need to level up for those juicy skill points. I read somewhere that resets would be available so I guess I should aim for a damage build first. Sad that crafting would have to wait but no pain, no gain.

Thanks by the way.

6 hours ago, Cotton Candy said:

Yes, it already feels like family--I joined Discord last night and there was drama. 😅

Hahaha yes! it's just like you say! It's like a family! Sometimes here and there there is some drama. But, the most important thing is that it always turns back to pure fun and helping each other getting further in the game 😄 

• Like 1