Key Pair/Code Authentication

Jova1106

Is there a chance that you guys would be able to add support for automatically authenticating in-game with an SSH public/private key pair, or maybe just the use of an authenticator code, perhaps the one we already have linked to our accounts? I was thinking about kind of system where we can link the public key on the website and the private key to the launcher, to skip the need for password input. Unless there's going to be an option in place to remember passwords, or skip the password by using an authenticator code, I don't want to open my password manager every time I want to login.

Forgot that SSH and key pairs aren't always used together. I used "SSH key pair" as one thing, weirdly assuming that SSH was just a class of key pair, but they're different 😂

Edited by Jova1106

I think it is too complex for most people, and there are not many who do understand what it is for exactly...

I do recall there is way to set username/password from command line, even though its plain text

Some secure way to auto-login would nice, especially if you have more than one account, but using rsa/etc keys would require too much manhours from developers while only very small fraction of people would use it properly

3 minutes ago, rayun said:

I think it is too complex for most people, and there are not many who do understand what it is for exactly...

I do recall there is way to set username/password from command line, even though its plain text

Some secure way to auto-login would nice, especially if you have more than one account, but using rsa/etc keys would require too much manhours from developers while only very small fraction of people would use it properly

Yep, you're right. It would be nice to have, but it's probably a bit much for them to do at the moment. Still wanted to drop the suggestion.

1 hour ago, lazypenguin said:

While we wouldn't specifically use ssh or key/pairs for this we would like to add the login step the launcher and implement a secure way to remember credentials

Thats nice, example dropdown of saved accounts :EmoteHyped:

• Jova1106 changed the title to Key Pair/Code Authentication