Early Users To Keep In Game Name Based on Forum Name. (Tell me what you think)

Cupid

Hello Rose Online,

This suggestion post is to talk about early users who sign up to the forums and want to keep/use their forum names in game. For example on the forums my display name is Cupid. That being such a general name. I personally feel that there should be a possibility for users who sign up this early on in the forums to use their forum name in game. If not early users/supporters risk missing launch day and losing the in game name they've wanted from the beginning. (Maybe missed it due to work or family event, etc.)

For those who have though "it would suck if there was a person just making level 1 characters with names of people they want to screw with". I hear you loud and clear. Now, one possibility to fix this could be by users achieving a certain level of activity on the forums. This way the community knows that you are branding yourself on the forums as the display name you want in game.

For users who chose to remain inactive on the forums and do not achieve a certain level of activity, they can still try to claim their names on first come first serve bases like most MMORPG games when they first log into character creation.

Personally, I do believe a lot of players will be thinking the same thing. After all choosing your display name is the first big step to gameplay and self branding online. Let me know what you all think! I would love to hear some suggestions and feedback.

Thank you

~Cupid❤️👼

• Like 2

I do love your idea, however, I feel like it would create a lot of spam on the forum, no? Maybe an early donation or a player package of some sort could both help raise money for the server and give us players some cool costumes and access to the betas, reserve names, etc. These costumes would not be available in the game and can only be obtained via purchasing a package. Like a Purple School Look outfit! (I've ALWAYS wanted one). You get the idea. 🙂

4 hours ago, Life said:

Yeah, this was discussed with me and someone else, i agree completely with this. This should be without a doubt talked about right now, and should be the MAIN priority next.

Maybe im bias and just not worried my names will be taken..
But to take time from the DEV team and make this the MAIN priority next(im assuming after Alpha?) is something i dont think the DEV team should do.

Focus should be launching this game. IGN already chosen? Tough luck IMO

I don't see how that could be done, technically. Not impossible but complicated to do. (forum name = character name)

Though, your forum account will be your game login account, this is all I know so far.

Edited by Kai

I believe SSO and game client will automate the forum name as your in game account name however perhaps there is a way to allow you first refusal on any character's name you make by defaulting it's name to your forum name initially. Then once you have refused it it becomes available for someone else to use?

Alternatively perhaps the use of #1010 tags on the end of our characters names will allow people who like the names use them but with a serialised number next to it. This would also serve the purpose of being the "Very first" Logia#0001 and only display the tag when clicking on user and the ability to hide this as a preference if you dislike it.

Edited by Logia

9 hours ago, Winniethenoob said:

Maybe im bias and just not worried my names will be taken..
But to take time from the DEV team and make this the MAIN priority next(im assuming after Alpha?) is something i dont think the DEV team should do.

Focus should be launching this game. IGN already chosen? Tough luck IMO

i will message you directly in discord about why this is important.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:49 PM, Life said:

Yeah, this was discussed with me and someone else, i agree completely with this. This should be without a doubt talked about right now, and should be the MAIN priority next.

Haha says the two with the most .... likely choosen names 😉

I could see this being nice on the one hand as your forum and in game names are the same making everyone a little better known in both places instead of having to figure it out.

On the down side I agree 0 development time should really be put into this as I don't see it as a very important feature towards making the game. I suspect that you will get your names just fine honestly. Could be wrong but maybe not.

You both picked the forum name as the placeholder spot. What about people who haven't been to the forum yet? Is that not the same argument as first come first serve to those that make it in game?

If you want this it seems you already got an advantage that others that may be known by the names you picked did not have the prior knowledge or chance to know about before you took first mover advantage of....

I will say if you do this I agree with needing some sort of reputation here as some kind of deterant to abuse.

Good luck 🙂 

Edited by MittelDank

On 1/14/2022 at 2:49 AM, Life said:

There are probably a hundred more important things the devs are working on than priority name choosing 🤪

Edited by Whoop