a way to avoid crystal hugging & general improvements to targeting in PVP

prettywomanlover

Currently, in AA, everybody gravitates toward the crystal, and most of the combat is done underneath it, and people call this "Crystal hugging" People do this, not only because primarily clerics summon their salamander flames under it, because most of the combat is done underneath it, but more so because they want to avoid getting targeted as easily, as the huge crystal gets in the way of targeting players under it, as your cursor goes straight to clicking it. My idea, similarly to the feature that allows you to bypass clicking on players when holding alt+ clicking an npc, so you can easily talk to an which people would refer to as "reindeer blocking" 

Rather than this feature bypassing the players, it would be quite the opposite in AA, when you hold alt while clicking the crystal, it would instead bypass the crystal, making it easier to target enemy players who are trying to hide underneath the crystal as a sort of "Safe zone" or obstacle to stay under to avoid other players from targeting.

People should not be able to use the crystal as a safe-zone, and an obstacle to hide under to avoid getting targeted, and currently that is what a lot of players are doing, I think this idea would solve this issue for the most part, and make it much easier to target enemies in AA. 

My second idea in this post, someone in discord brought up to me, so credits to kruizzle.

The idea: Similar to PVM, as well as targeting a summon in PVP, when targeting a player, their name, and health bar /mana bar should appear and be visible to the person targeting that person. Like targeting anything, a choropy  for example, you can see their total health, and it go down as you do damage to it. I think this would be EXTREMELY helpful, in making you know exactly who you are targeting, but also, it would be really cool if you were able to see exactly what buffs and de-buffs this player has. This would create a lot of, circumstantial scenarios, and add a lot of strategy in PVP.  

For example, Mana shield, you would be able to see how much of their bar of their magical absorption, they had left, and that would then help prompt the PVPER /make them decide  on what ability they'd like to use next, weather it be a stun, or whatever, it would pretty much any class, the ability to counter this as you know exactly when it will go out. 

Another example, de-buffs, say someone already has dodge de-buff on them, and you tried to use a less potent ability, but it also applies the de-buff, you would know if they had that de-buff already applied if there was this targeting system in place.

I just think there is so much good that could come out of this, and it could really add build diversity, and make PVP much more strategic and circumstantial, because you know and will be able to see and pinpoint a players weakness, and play off that.

Let me know what you think down below. Thanks so much for reading!

Edited by prettywomanlover
  • Like 2

I agree with you regarding the target enemy that the name of the person appearing above would be fine but since you can see the hp / mana / mana shield I don't think it's a good idea because it would give both you and your enemy an advantage and would know when to use a stun, sleep, mute to prevent you from healing or hiding or doing something else to not die

2 hours ago, Tu mago bello said:

I agree with you regarding the target enemy that the name of the person appearing above would be fine but since you can see the hp / mana / mana shield I don't think it's a good idea because it would give both you and your enemy an advantage and would know when to use a stun, sleep, mute to prevent you from healing or hiding or doing something else to not die

That is the whole point though, is to make pvp more circumstantial, and situational, adding more strategy in pvp, and it works both ways though each player would know exactly how much mana shield or hp or mp, and which debuffs they have, and play accordingly to what is going on at the time, it is a level playing field. Right now pvp pretty much requires no thought at all, if you have better gear than the other person, you win, even if you play very poorly. The idea is to add some thought and strategy to PVP and situational awareness.

in the case of mana shield, yes it would make it easier to counter and somone could stun you at the end of it, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing, it encourages the person to think what ability they should use next.  the skil is ridiculously over powered, and IMO I don’t think make should have it at all with the ridiculous damage they do, but that’s beside the point, beating people in pvp Should require some sort of thought and situational awareness, in my opinion it would make the game a lot more fun, and a little less gear based 

Edited by prettywomanlover

50 minutes ago, Heatfist said:

A bigger collision box could be added to the crystal so players are forced to be a set distance away from it (close enough for melee to hit, far enough to have to go around it instead of under/through it). 

This would be a good solution..

3 minutes ago, Chutzpah said:

you complaining about crystal hugging how about making raiders and scouts visible in AA so that everyone could see them... 

Yes lets put a nail in the coffin for scouts /s.

Edited by Whoop