Gem Stat

HLAJR

Gems of higher grade had a percentage value in their stat like for example, Diamond [7], it says Attack Power 5% + 10.

I believe the + 10 is a plain value like that of the other Diamond [3] which has an AP10 stat.

Question is what is that 5% refers to and how it is computed?

I would just like to know beforehand so that I can see if buying such gem is a good deal.

• 3 months later...

All gems, skills, items with a % value go off your base stat (as mentioned above) the +10 or whatever is added on top of the total afterwards. 

Simple example:

Attack Power: 1700

Base Attack Power: 1000

With Diamond [7] 5% +10:

Attack Power: 1760

Base Attack Power: 1050

The only % that isn’t based off base stat is the Enhanced Damage. That goes on top of your actual stat value. 
So 1700 Attack Power with 10% Enhanced Damage would then be 1870 Attack Power.  This one isn’t actually shown anywhere as an increased stat. It only shows under the Attack Power tool tip as Enhanced Damage: (insert %) here. 

• 5 months later...
On 6/12/2023 at 10:07 AM, Heatfist said:

All gems, skills, items with a % value go off your base stat (as mentioned above) the +10 or whatever is added on top of the total afterwards. 

Simple example:

Attack Power: 1700

Base Attack Power: 1000

With Diamond [7] 5% +10:

Attack Power: 1760

Base Attack Power: 1050

The only % that isn’t based off base stat is the Enhanced Damage. That goes on top of your actual stat value. 
So 1700 Attack Power with 10% Enhanced Damage would then be 1870 Attack Power.  This one isn’t actually shown anywhere as an increased stat. It only shows under the Attack Power tool tip as Enhanced Damage: (insert %) here. 

I know this is an old thread, but for 'normal' stats like DEX, STR, INT, etc. there is no mouseover tooltip that shows the base stat. How can we tell exactly how much a Garnet is affecting my DEX? Is it counting passives and equipment base stats/substats or is it only looking at the DEX I have added to my build manually? I'm asking because when comparing Garnets to Jades or Diamonds, the Garnets seem extremely underwhelming.

Edited by Rµben

8 hours ago, Rµben said:

the DEX I have added to my build manually

This. Your base Stat from Str/Dex/Con/etc is calculated by how many raw stat points invested into it. 425 is the max for a stat so that would be the highest % calculator, it seems the game also rounds up as well. 

So if you have max Dex stat at 425 and use a Garnet [10] with 9% +12, it will give you an overall Dex increase of 50.25. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Heatfist said:

This. Your base Stat from Str/Dex/Con/etc is calculated by how many raw stat points invested into it. 425 is the max for a stat so that would be the highest % calculator, it seems the game also rounds up as well. 

So if you have max Dex stat at 425 and use a Garnet [10] with 9% +12, it will give you an overall Dex increase of 50.25. 

Are you sure Garnets don't count the base DEX stats (not substats) on your gear as well? I find it curious that, when looking at base DR, not only is the DR of the equipment itself included in the base, but also the DR I get from DEX as a base stat on the equipment piece is included. 

11 hours ago, Rµben said:

Are you sure Garnets don't count the base DEX stats (not substats) on your gear as well? I find it curious that, when looking at base DR, not only is the DR of the equipment itself included in the base, but also the DR I get from DEX as a base stat on the equipment piece is included. 

Base stat is considered as the stats in white text. So for the gear the defense, magic defense, and dodge white text stat is applied to the character’s base stat for that stat. Any stat in blue is not considered base stat and is applied on top of the base stat.

There is no gear that gives main stats as base white text stat. The 25 main stat from the skill passives may count toward base stat making max base 450 (haven’t tested it though).

7 hours ago, Heatfist said:

Base stat is considered as the stats in white text. So for the gear the defense, magic defense, and dodge white text stat is applied to the character’s base stat for that stat. Any stat in blue is not considered base stat and is applied on top of the base stat.

There is no gear that gives main stats as base white text stat. The 25 main stat from the skill passives may count toward base stat making max base 450 (haven’t tested it though).

It seems like we're getting a bit lost in semantics. I was referring to base stat as the bold blue text on an item, and substat as the thin blue text on an item. I have attached some pictures to illustrate. The first picture shows my base DR without having my chestplate equipped at 835. The second picture shows my base DR with chestplate on is 976.

The dodge rate of the chestplate is 110, but 835 + 110 is only 945. However, when counting the DEX I get from the chestplate, the numbers add up. 

I get 16 DEX + 5 DEX from the set combo which adds up to 21 DEX. 21 DEX translates to 31.5 DR. Now when I add up 945 + 31.5 I get my actual base dodge rate, which is 976.5 rounded down.

a77ad316fd50135b9e2ce25833237131.png

4427ee3442d4c68ed6b392298b7e4001.png

5a8686e48604dedc1276decbc45615c3.png

Edited by Rµben

3 hours ago, Rµben said:

It seems like we're getting a bit lost in semantics. I was referring to base stat as the bold blue text on an item, and substat as the thin blue text on an item. I have attached some pictures to illustrate. The first picture shows my base DR without having my chestplate equipped at 835. The second picture shows my base DR with chestplate on is 976.

The dodge rate of the chestplate is 110, but 835 + 110 is only 945. However, when counting the DEX I get from the chestplate, the numbers add up. 

I get 16 DEX + 5 DEX from the set combo which adds up to 21 DEX. 21 DEX translates to 31.5 DR. Now when I add up 945 + 31.5 I get my actual base dodge rate, which is 976.5 rounded down.

a77ad316fd50135b9e2ce25833237131.png

4427ee3442d4c68ed6b392298b7e4001.png

5a8686e48604dedc1276decbc45615c3.png

Yeah.

Blue bold/thin main Stat do count as base for Stats tied to the main Stat that affect them but main Stat is capped at 425 (if you put the max amount of stat points into it) which is the base for a main Stat regardless of any further increases from blue bold/thin stats.

• Like 1