Passive craftsmantalent for every artisan aside from unique / con more effective

AustinNL

I would love to see a passive skill in the "artisan" section with additional craftsman talent aside from the unique hands of a crafter.

With 1200+ con the succesrate on a peridot[5] is still around 90% and every higher grade -6-8%, so a grade[10] gem would maybe only have 50% succesrate.

If I remove 200 con, the succesrate only drops with about 1-2%.

On 2/22/2023 at 8:15 AM, DoubleRose said:

Another unique skill would further increase the high startup cost of making an artisan. Rates should be higher, but I think that should just be a baseline thing within the crafting formula to make additional con more useful.

Disagree with the term "startup cost". I made millions selling hardened weapons and max stat tamiya bags at 100% without max CON.. and I am now a bourg! Yes it is certainly expensive to hit those four figure amounts of CON but that is not startup, but is endgame crafting. But you can easily craft profitable items with much lower CON and without the additional unique skills (flame rings come to mind).

20 minutes ago, Flump said:

Disagree with the term "startup cost". I made millions selling hardened weapons and max stat tamiya bags at 100% without max CON.. and I am now a bourg! Yes it is certainly expensive to hit those four figure amounts of CON but that is not startup, but is endgame crafting. But you can easily craft profitable items with much lower CON and without the additional unique skills (flame rings come to mind).

Just to add, what I think should happen is when you hit certain thresholds of CON you get a bump up to your success rate. So 1200 > 1210 CON might add an extra 1% rather than the 0.1% or whatever tiny amount it is now. Diminishing returns doesn't make sense in the context of paying very high prices for the minmax CON items..