Crafting site

Luckystriike

Hello people!!
I launched a ROSE crafting website. This website contains recipes for all craftable items. in addition, it contains a crafting tool. this tool calculates the craftables based on the inventory you entered. The site is far from finished. next week I will add recipe filtering and a stat overview to the items. But this way you can already use it.

big credits to @Acute who collected the data in an Excel!!!!! let me know what you think.

https://luckyscrafting.site/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 1/13/2023 at 7:35 PM, HoneyBuns said:

Moving this to the proper section then I will pin it

First of all, thanks for the pin! I think it is not only useful for dealers or artis. It is especially useful for the classes without craft skills. They can look up recipes, collect the mats and ask an arti to craft. Maybe it should be under a more generic topic? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Luckystriike said:

First of all, thanks for the pin! I think it is not only useful for dealers or artis. It is especially useful for the classes without craft skills. They can look up recipes, collect the mats and ask an arti to craft. Maybe it should be under a more generic topic? 

Well it's definitely more useful for crafters. Anyone who is wondering which mats are needed for a cart for example, would likely come to the dealer section since crafting is a dealer/artisan skill.  Some players are making a wiki which will have general info about materials.  I'm sure your site can be linked on that wiki now or at some point in the future.  

• Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 4:28 PM, HoneyBuns said:

Well it's definitely more useful for crafters. Anyone who is wondering which mats are needed for a cart for example, would likely come to the dealer section since crafting is a dealer/artisan skill.  Some players are making a wiki which will have general info about materials.  I'm sure your site can be linked on that wiki now or at some point in the future.  

Could you share those names of the wiki creators with me, so I can contact them?

Any tips, tops or suggestions for the site? All suggestions are welcome, it doesn’t have to be a craft or dealer related topics. 

That's an awesome resource and will be of great use, nice work! Some things I want to point out, suggest or comment on:

- On firefox it seems like the default image dragging behavior might be messing with vue-zoomer detecting dragend. If I start dragging and let go, it continues to drag until I click again. It's usable, just a bit janky.

- In comment to the comment above: I personally think it's nice that everything shows up if I write partial words, makes it much faster to search for mats without having to type out an entire matching word. It coud potentially make use of a fuzzy search to put more weight on results that match more closely with what you typed. So when you type etil, the exact match should be at the top, but anything containing it would still be there too.

- It would be nice if items had their own unique urls such as /item/<id> so you can share the link directly to a specific item

Great work!
To me this is general information about the game, so I also think this is relevant and useful for every player and not only for dealer class. 😉

12 hours ago, Luckystriike said:

Any tips, tops or suggestions for the site? All suggestions are welcome, it doesn’t have to be a craft or dealer related topics. 

If you have clicked on an item after carrying out a search and then go to the previous page, you right away end up at the home screen instead of at your search.
For example, if you search for "wings" and press a certain item, but you want to go back to look at another type, you have to start all over.
Could you fix this?

Furthermore, having images for all items would be nice, but I'm sure you are aware. 🙂

5 hours ago, Ghoster said:

When I search "etil", stuff like petil, metil, netil show up. Could you change it to match exact word? Searching "etil" should not show "petil" and other stuff. Searching "rubber" should still include results containg "rubber sap"

I actually think this is useful!

On 1/20/2023 at 12:23 AM, xikeon said:

That's an awesome resource and will be of great use, nice work! Some things I want to point out, suggest or comment on:

- On firefox it seems like the default image dragging behavior might be messing with vue-zoomer detecting dragend. If I start dragging and let go, it continues to drag until I click again. It's usable, just a bit janky.

- In comment to the comment above: I personally think it's nice that everything shows up if I write partial words, makes it much faster to search for mats without having to type out an entire matching word. It coud potentially make use of a fuzzy search to put more weight on results that match more closely with what you typed. So when you type etil, the exact match should be at the top, but anything containing it would still be there too.

- It would be nice if items had their own unique urls such as /item/<id> so you can share the link directly to a specific item

Hey xikeon,

Thank you for the reply and comments/suggestion. 

- Didn’t know this! Will look into it. 

- I do agree with the fact that it should return items even without a full match. I think ordering it by match % could be a big upgrade to the search option. 

- Yeah I started with an url containing the id. But people kept scraping the website data by quessing the id 😡 So I removed it from the url. I’m still looking for a way to do this, without exposing the id’s. What you could do right now is saving the item as favorite. 

EDIT: added the id to the url.

On 1/19/2023 at 9:56 PM, Ghoster said:

When I search "etil", stuff like petil, metil, netil show up. Could you change it to match exact word? Searching "etil" should not show "petil" and other stuff. Searching "rubber" should still include results containg "rubber sap"

Hey Ghoster!

Thank you for the reply. Will not add a search on full match, but I will look into ordering the result by match %.

On 1/20/2023 at 3:51 AM, xBerry said:

Great work!
To me this is general information about the game, so I also think this is relevant and useful for every player and not only for dealer class. 😉

If you have clicked on an item after carrying out a search and then go to the previous page, you right away end up at the home screen instead of at your search.
For example, if you search for "wings" and press a certain item, but you want to go back to look at another type, you have to start all over.
Could you fix this?

Furthermore, having images for all items would be nice, but I'm sure you are aware. 🙂

I actually think this is useful!

Hey hey! 
Thanks! Storing the search text is the next thing on my list 🙂 

Edited by Luckystriike
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Luckystriike said:

Hey xikeon,

Thank you for the reply and comments/suggestion. 

- Didn’t know this! Will look into it. 

- I do agree with the fact that it should return items even without a full match. I think ordering it by match % could be a big upgrade to the search option. 

- Yeah I started with an url containing the id. But people kept scraping the website data by quessing the id 😡 So I removed it from the url. I’m still looking for a way to do this, without exposing the id’s. What you could do right now is saving the item as favorite. 

EDIT: added the id to the url.

Awesome!

Also, why would people scrape the website when the data is literally right there in the source code 🤦‍♂️

@xikeon fixed the img drag in firefox

On 1/19/2023 at 9:56 PM, Ghoster said:

Added the option to enable "full material name match". This will search for items with a full material name match.

• Like 2

Hey Lucky, I would also love to have the option to click on the mats and then see all the items they are used in. I remember back in RuffRose or TitanRose we had it too and I used it all the time. Were you thinking about adding this in the future too?

Btw thanks for storing the search 😉

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2023 at 1:35 AM, Ghoster said:

Red/Blue potion has requirement material called "ToMaterialo". I believe this should be "Tomato" instead.

Done! thanks

Updates: New recipe search options, fixed the mobile menu, added a tooltip with info to the crafttool, made craftable recipe materials clickable, added a link to the skill calc website from PiNo, jealotus updated the world map, added a favorite recipe page and did some minor bug fixes.

Added a 'like this site' button in the footer of the site! Make sure to click it if you like the site 😛
Thanks 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ESRever21 said:

Can you make it like a wiki because, I'm dissatisfied by the site's lack of info.

Other than that I'd like to say thank you for helping me understand the nooks and crannies of Rose.

It's a crafting site, what is missing? There is a separate Rose wiki with info other than crafting that may have the info you are looking for.

https://roseonline.fandom.com/wiki/ROSE_Online_Wiki

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, I did a bit of a rewrite on  https://luckyscraftinghouse.netlify.app/:

• Added a material list. When clicking on a material, it displays the recipes containing that material.
  • Updated the world map with better zoom functionality (laptop only).
  • Added a tooltip on the recipe page, providing a preview of the item stats when hovering (laptop only).
  • Added the items that were removed from the drop list to the 'sold in shop' items list.
  • Rewrote the code to Vue3.🔥
Edited by Luckystriike
  • Like 1