Vending Memory

Amafi

Lately my shop is having hard times...

I blame a santa reindeer untimely demise and some unfortunate DC's.

What would help me in QOL is to save my buy or sell tab.

Part of it already exists. My huy tab remembers what items to buy. What would help me is how many, and at what price. And then to save that for a future log off/ death.

Perhaps even extand this to the sell tab. Price the gear just right ✅️ 

Any others thinking this is a great idea, support me with a thumbs up 👍 

Suggestions, additions please leave them below

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Say I buy something from an NPC for 300, and I'm reselling it for 400 each time, no matter what.  When that item sells out and I go to buy more - and I go to put it up in my shop - now I have to manually change the value again because it autopriced at 266.

Now say I have my entire cart filled with items like this.  Now I have to fill out these prices every time they sell out.

Now say the server has a crash or I get disconnected.  Now I get to do it all AGAIN.

Please just save whatever value we last posted the items at.  It would make running our shops a LOT easier..

Could be like;  Drag item to vend window -> Price/Stack pops up -> Checkbox for Autoprice or Last-Sold Price.   Whatever you had checked before is what is automatically checked now.

• 2 weeks later...

With all these DC’s, vending is such a hassle. Once you get logged out, you have to price each item again.

Which makes me think: could there be an option, in the Sell tab, for the system to remember the items you had been selling? You’d just log back in and restart the shop without having to price (and price check) it all again.

• Like 1

Good idea, but there is one problem. What if one item isn't there anymore, because of sold or trashed it already? So i would save the item price individually. I think it's enough if the system just remembers the last price you put in for an item. So if you add that item again, it just has the right price already.

• If you add an item with additional stats (like crafted gear with stats or appraised gear), it just saves the price for that particular item. Another same item with different stats falls back on the default vendor price, so you have to put another unique price on that one as well.
  • If you add an item without additional stats (like default gear, consumables or materials), it saves the price for that. So if you add another unstatted item it knows your price already.
Edited by Zeror

37 minutes ago, Zeror said:

Good idea, but there is one problem. What if one item isn't there anymore, because of sold or trashed it already? So i would save the item price individually. I think it's enough if the system just remembers the last price you put in for an item. So if you add that item again, it just has the right price already.

• If you add an item with additional stats (like crafted gear with stats or appraised gear), it just saves the price for that particular item. Another same item with different stats falls back on the default vendor price, so you have to put another unique price on that one as well.
  • If you add an item without additional stats (like default gear, consumables or materials), it saves the price for that. So if you add another unstatted item it knows your price already.

I don’t know how the memory is stored in game, but technically when your item is sold it is removed from the vend and therefore would not reappear in the reproduced vend window. But of course would require some work to prevent duping through DC or whatever. Anyways, like you said, just remembering the vend price per item would be incredibly helpful. The whole DC issue makes me not want to vend things, and the in-game market is one of my favourite things about this game.

• 4 weeks later...

HELLO GUYS!

just a suggestion, for everyone's sake and to save time. please implement Save progress in vending For example, I am vending and got disconnected. and logging in again. so I need to put all the items again in Vending. it is really a hassle for everyone to put all the items again and put the prices. there should be an autosave progress of the last items that you put including the prices so you don't need to put it all over again. Hoping for the Best!

• 2 weeks later...

Save Vending so when we disconnect..... it wont be much trouble putting it back again.
Imagine having to vend for long hours in hopes that someone would buy it, then the disconnection comes a long and kicks you down, which is quite frequent..... then after logging in youll have to put it back one by one setting the prices and everything its just...painful....

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Amafi said:

Not sure how they would Program it. But beeing able to close the Windows or upon a DC would make life more easy. 🙂

It's not that hard i think. I mean the gamesystem serverside already knows what's in your vending window otherwise other players won't see it. So whats needs to be done is that the window needs to be saved (the items in the sequence you placed it in the window actually) after each change to the window is made (like: someone buys from you or sells to you, or when you stop vending and add/remove few items etc..).
When you open vending again, the gamesystem only needs to check if the items stored in the window are still present in the intentory. If one item is not there anymore then it's either sold (before you dc'ed) or you have removed it from your inventory yourself. In that case the game system can skip that item and go to the next item in the saved item sequence of the window.