Revert some patch changes

greg

I think the following changes should be reverted:

-Reduced "Give a Dog Another Bone" reward to 100k
It doesn't make sense to nerf the best way to get zulie while leveling by 80%. Especially so close after the server start.
I have obtained and quested alot of chewed bones already but even i rage alot at this change.
This change really wasn't a good idea and it should be reverted back to 500k asap.

-Updated Clown Quest Restrictions (lvl 50-60)
I thought this was a joke when i first read this. When i leveled at clowns quest, i did it from level 30-50 and then i went to kenji beach.
If the reason is high levels ksing (like someone mentioned in discord) then high level chars should just be restricted from doing low level quests.
Clowns quest should become possible at level 30+ again.

Edited by greg

The clown quest was the opposite direction the devs should be going. They should be preventing high lv players from plowing through these quests and stealing the spawns for easy money, so upper limits are fine. Preventing players who are in the level range of the monsters from doing the quest ruins the quest's intended purpose, so I say partial revert to make it start at lv 40.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

They’re not going to change it back to 500k each.  If they do, I could see them making it a daily, where you can only turn in the quest once a day for 500k, which I feel would be better than 100k a bone.  All of the high levels got rich off the bones already, while the rest of you…well you snooze you lose buddy.

About the clown quest, yeah sucks that we can’t power level through it anymore until Kenji.  
All of these new restrictions and nerfs are just going to turn off a lot of players tbh.

People who abused this broken methode put too much zulie into the game which is extremely bad for the economy. Lower level players cannot afford anything since all the influx and abuse of said methode has been done by the higher level population. Making everything cost so much because they lost touch with how much zulie the normal population actualy has. So the non-high level population, not having a good way to make zulie exept a small gap where we can get 30k per quest, which is absolutely nothing compared to the 500k you guys abused. Consider yourself lucky you got away with it for so long. Also a level limit for quests is a good idea so the people who actual can do it, do it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

This is why flyff universe went in a good profit in the first place by pay to win and it dead to minimum population.

With or without the bone/crown issue is just the past, once its done only the rich stay rich and poor will remain there clueless why the market been so expensive.

On 1/9/2023 at 10:59 PM, redinis said:

People who abused this broken methode put too much zulie into the game which is extremely bad for the economy. Lower level players cannot afford anything since all the influx and abuse of said methode has been done by the higher level population. Making everything cost so much because they lost touch with how much zulie the normal population actualy has. So the non-high level population, not having a good way to make zulie exept a small gap where we can get 30k per quest, which is absolutely nothing compared to the 500k you guys abused. Consider yourself lucky you got away with it for so long. Also a level limit for quests is a good idea so the people who actual can do it, do it. 

Noobs will cry about rich pro players who level fast and farm alot because they themselves are too lazy or don’t invest alot of time to do the same.

Noobs will also cry about pro players who can level/quest in higher level area because they can’t do the same.

Ofcourse it will have a negative impact if you make patches based on those crying noobs.

Edited by greg
  • Confused 1

On 1/9/2023 at 5:42 AM, greg said:

It doesn't make sense to nerf the best way to get zulie while leveling by 80%. Especially so close after the server start.
I have obtained and quested alot of chewed bones already but even i rage alot at this change.
This change really wasn't a good idea and it should be reverted back to 500k asap.

I thought this was a joke when i first read this. When i leveled at clowns quest, i did it from level 30-50 and then i went to kenji beach.
If the reason is high levels ksing (like someone mentioned in discord) then high level chars should just be restricted from doing low level quests.

I think even if they revert the Bones quest back at all, it should be 250k-300k maybe. I understand how 500k was putting too much money into the game, but they also did nothing to remove the money that was already made and exists. If they did a daily limit on the Bones turn in, that would also help smooth out huge zuly amounts in the game.

The Clown quest definitely needs to be changed though. Level 50 is already high enough to just go to Kenji Beach anyway. If they want a level cap on this for some reason it should at least start at 35-40.

20 hours ago, Code Magick said:

I think even if they revert the Bones quest back at all, it should be 250k-300k maybe. I understand how 500k was putting too much money into the game, but they also did nothing to remove the money that was already made and exists. If they did a daily limit on the Bones turn in, that would also help smooth out huge zuly amounts in the game.

The Clown quest definitely needs to be changed though. Level 50 is already high enough to just go to Kenji Beach anyway. If they want a level cap on this for some reason it should at least start at 35-40.

100% agree with making it so clowns stop at 50 since you should be going to kenji beach. But then again if people do like farming them should we really stop them?

But for the chewed bone, how do you justify it being 250k, except greed and just wanting higher number? If they are able to smooth out the input of zulie it should all be lower. So the lower the reward the better it is, in a way. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, redinis said:

100% agree with making it so clowns stop at 50 since you should be going to kenji beach. But then again if people do like farming them should we really stop them? 

The cart quest has you kill fighter clowns and that doesn't even start until level 50. The intended level range of clowns is mid forties up to late fifties.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, DoubleRose said:

The cart quest has you kill fighter clowns and that doesn't even start until level 50. The intended level range of clowns is mid forties up to late fifties.

Sure but the crux of the question is: should quests be barred at a level range? Having it be from level xx to yy. I think it is worth considering because of xulie farmers and wmt that people have been reporting. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, redinis said:

Sure but the crux of the question is: should quests be barred at a level range? Having it be from level xx to yy. I think it is worth considering because of xulie farmers and wmt that people have been reporting. 

I think all repeatable quests should have level ranges, and those ranges should be fairly generous in size. It is too easy to farm zulie with high level characters by one shotting everything if there is no level range. Then no one gets to fight there. Perhaps more importantly, I'd like to see repeatable quests have a limited number of times you can turn them in.

The point of the repeated quests should be to encourage leveling in all sorts of places, not just parking at the best quest spot forever. There should be repeatable quests for all sorts of maps and monsters, so the first x number of that type of monster you fight is more rewarding.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/9/2023 at 3:42 PM, greg said:

yup dude any other great idea? do you want at lvl 20 Behemoth king as pet? Or full EQ+20refined  just for you?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Kotence said:

yup dude any other great idea? do you want at lvl 20 Behemoth king as pet? Or full EQ+20refined  just for you?

Another great idea would be to hire a forum moderator who deletes useless comments like yours.