QOL Improvements for Summons

LoreChief

So these are changes that I think should be applied globally to all Summons.  They are issues which significantly impact their usefulness in parties.

1. Summons do not benefit from bonfires:  Is your summon 95% dead and you aren't a muse with direct heals?  Too bad, that thing is going to die pretty quick, probably after its been fully buffed by your party..

2. Summons get lost with minimal effort:  Did you get on your mount to turn in a quest and now you can't find your summons even though they supposedly still exist?  And you've called them to a mob or to your location with ctrl + click but they still haven't shown up?  And now your options are to desummon them or wait to see if they come back randomly in the next minute?  Not cool guys.

3. Summons have no hustle:  Ranged summons like Mercenary Hunter are just as slow of course, but they at least have range to pad their poor speed.  The melee summons though, often arrive so late to the party they barely get a swing in, if at all.  Some summons, like Dread/Terror Knights, clearly exist to be tanks for their Artisans.  What good is a tank that can't even get to the thing they're supposed to be tanking?

These are the top 3 issues I think that affect all summons.  Here's my suggested solutions for them.

1. Summons benefit from bonfires.  Simple, make them all affected by bonfires and similar skills.

2. Summons auto-teleport back to you when they stray too far.  This already triggers sometimes randomly depending on what you're doing.  Just make it so that it triggers when they get like 60m away or something.

3. All summons should have a default 300 higher mspeed than they currently do.  I posted this in my Cleric suggestions thread as well.  Summons should have a baseline mspeed increase across the board, and then get further mspeed increases the more points that are invested into them.

Edited by LoreChief
This isn't markdown formatting....
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree and hope we get items 1-3 programmed into the game at some point. Though I should note I found a way to force the summons to tank. Basically have them attack first, wait 1-2 seconds then start raining cannon fire. This is far of a perfect method though since I often can't use attack skills (draws aggro).

Edited by trytoguess

I'd like to see +100 movespeed baseline and some sort of summon mastery passive that enhances at least some of the following: durability, mobility, pvm damage, healing received, chance to aggro the monster to them instead of you, and commands (order the summon to use skills).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DoubleRose said:

I'd like to see +100 movespeed baseline and some sort of summon mastery passive that enhances at least some of the following: durability, mobility, pvm damage, healing received, chance to aggro the monster to them instead of you, and commands (order the summon to use skills).

I'd be all for passives that increase the effectiveness of summons, if it weren't for the fact that passives cost 2 SP as it is, and we're normally starving for points as it is with basically all classes.  We can't afford more passives that require points in order to fix issues that simply shouldn't exist.

19 minutes ago, trytoguess said:

I agree and hope we get items 1-3 programmed into the game at some point. Though I should note I found a way to force the summons to tank. Basically have them attack first, wait 1-2 seconds then start raining cannon fire. This is far of a perfect method though since I often can't use attack skills (draws aggro).

Yeah Ctrl + Click was great added functionality.  Even for this though the suggestions I've made would help immensely.  Right now waiting on your summon to do that first hit and draw aggro... yikes..

1 hour ago, LoreChief said:

I'd be all for passives that increase the effectiveness of summons, if it weren't for the fact that passives cost 2 SP as it is, and we're normally starving for points as it is with basically all classes.  We can't afford more passives that require points in order to fix issues that simply shouldn't exist.

It could be part of the summon mastery skills that muses and dealers get, but then hawkers would be left out. The other option is to make it a one point (2 sp) passive. Summons need free qol improvements, but stuff like summons having a random chance to redirect aggro shouldn't be free.

2 hours ago, DoubleRose said:

It could be part of the summon mastery skills that muses and dealers get, but then hawkers would be left out. The other option is to make it a one point (2 sp) passive. Summons need free qol improvements, but stuff like summons having a random chance to redirect aggro shouldn't be free.

I'm not sure what this is in reference to