Soldier guide for Stats,Equip,Path,Technique

HelloWorld

Great stuff from Stadia. Tho I find that this set up is optimal for when you're with a full-support cleric. If you're going solo, better reset and add 3-5 points to hp regen skill.

This is what I would like to know: is making a knight is worth it in this version? Will it be good for pvp?

I originally planned on making one, though the need to gain xp and zulie made me switch to using a spear with aoe skills so I can get invited to a party fast for the krawfy quest. Now, I'm in Luna and I noticed that there's no npc selling shields at all. I assume this is the case going forward, meaning that you either have to buy from vendors, have it crafted for you, or get it from drops. And seeing that 2h weapons appear to be more available, it makes me think that you have to be loaded with zulie or really lucky to have a good time playing as a knight.

Edited by MikeOC
Added the question

My Soldier is level 65 and I’m using 1h with shield and have done the following while levelling after playing around with stats and skills found this to be working for me:

Stats: Dex/Charm to level rest into Str

The charm helps with reducing crit damage intake and also buffs the strength of buffs for higher attack power. 

Skills: Maxed all the passives that gave attack power for my weapon type. Maxed the passive in general tab that gives health regeneration (excellent skill imo, rarely have to use food or pots with it), and then maxed out the skills that give Str increase and attack power buff. After went back and took the rest of the 1h weapon passives (except accuracy, better used for PvP or “Hunter” type mobs)

While levelling using the basic offensive skills rock throw and double scratch help since a lot of power comes from the passives. 

An alternative to taking the 1h passives besides attack power one can also max the offensive shield slam abilities to spam 1v1 if they don’t like the fast auto attack gameplay. The shield skills cost no mp and can be spammed on cool down which is neat and fun.

Id recommend going with passives for 1v1.

if you’re choosing to go aoe grab your aoes and then max the weapon dmg passives and strength.

Stats for 2h builds vary on what you do.

How I would apply stats for the other weapon types would be:

Spear: Str/Dex 2:1 (either some charm to increase dot and debuffs of the aoes or sen to add crit, optional)

2h Sword: Sen/Charm to level rest in Str. (The crit and extra defense down on sword pierce would help to slay faster)

Axe: Con/Sen to level rest Str, or enough Str for Axe the rest in Con/Sen prioritizing Sen over Con with extra points (Axe is all about the heavy critting and the passives increase crit depending on con/Sen amount)

alternatives for 1h: Sen/Dex to level rest Str (for higher flat damage and increased crit)

or Str/Dex 2:1 mainly attack power, and block value increase

or Str = weapon, then Sen/Dex prioritizing Sen over Dex if using the attack speed passives for fast crit hits.  

This is how I would go about it for levelling and PVM. It’s been working for me and I’m sure others have their own builds!

With the free stat and job skill reset you have the freedom to experiment what’s best for your play style!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

for former knight myself in warpportal rose online. the best stat for knight is STR,DEX, AND CON for stat allocation for each stat is all up to you. if you have all max substat equips and gem it will change to. but for starter just Go 300 STR 300 DEX REST CON if you have more left make it 350 STR 350 DEX rest CON 

Edited by BlackRoses

6 hours ago, Stadia said:

What Spear do you use beyond 200? I'm still using a hardened lv 165 spear.. I tried using SF 2hand sword, Damage is better but less aspd and dodge which lessen survivability of my Champ.. 

Spear in general is the easiest weapon to use for PVM (cuz of AoE + mid ranged + str converted to dodge rate passive)
at lvl200 with not much zulie, I suggest you just stick with lvl165 Hardened Spear (lvling in orlo don't need much gears anyways.. you just run around with the party and kill dinosaurs)
If have spare zulie, can go for lvl200 hardened +10 or 11 (it gives more atk power total compared to the lvl200 Unique spear - which is only better if you're into pvp cuz of its Accuracy + Mspeed main stats). You can also easily put MAX substats on your lvl200 hardened weapon (lets say +25str +40AP) this makes it sooooo much better than the lvl200 unique spear and is much more affordable.

I am looking to sell my +11 Unbreakable Wrath (lvl200 Unique) and just go back to using a lvl200 Hardened one with perfect substats for PVM/Dungeon/Farming. You get more performance upgrade by putting max substats on your gears rater than buying a lvl200unique weapon and wasting so much zulie trying to upgrade it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi! I am looking for advice in building a champion specializing in axe. Not going for best in PVM/PVP because I just love the way axe looks lol. So looking for any advice on how to best build it around my champion. Thanks!

P.S. 

It has been more than a decade since I last played, and I never got to my second job. I am planning to play as far as becoming a champion. TIA!

On 12/25/2022 at 5:34 PM, Heatfist said:

My Soldier is level 65 and I’m using 1h with shield and have done the following while levelling after playing around with stats and skills found this to be working for me:

Stats: Dex/Charm to level rest into Str

The charm helps with reducing crit damage intake and also buffs the strength of buffs for higher attack power. 

Skills: Maxed all the passives that gave attack power for my weapon type. Maxed the passive in general tab that gives health regeneration (excellent skill imo, rarely have to use food or pots with it), and then maxed out the skills that give Str increase and attack power buff. After went back and took the rest of the 1h weapon passives (except accuracy, better used for PvP or “Hunter” type mobs)

While levelling using the basic offensive skills rock throw and double scratch help since a lot of power comes from the passives. 

An alternative to taking the 1h passives besides attack power one can also max the offensive shield slam abilities to spam 1v1 if they don’t like the fast auto attack gameplay. The shield skills cost no mp and can be spammed on cool down which is neat and fun.

Id recommend going with passives for 1v1.

if you’re choosing to go aoe grab your aoes and then max the weapon dmg passives and strength.

Stats for 2h builds vary on what you do.

How I would apply stats for the other weapon types would be:

Spear: Str/Dex 2:1 (either some charm to increase dot and debuffs of the aoes or sen to add crit, optional)

2h Sword: Sen/Charm to level rest in Str. (The crit and extra defense down on sword pierce would help to slay faster)

Axe: Con/Sen to level rest Str, or enough Str for Axe the rest in Con/Sen prioritizing Sen over Con with extra points (Axe is all about the heavy critting and the passives increase crit depending on con/Sen amount)

alternatives for 1h: Sen/Dex to level rest Str (for higher flat damage and increased crit)

or Str/Dex 2:1 mainly attack power, and block value increase

or Str = weapon, then Sen/Dex prioritizing Sen over Dex if using the attack speed passives for fast crit hits.  

This is how I would go about it for levelling and PVM. It’s been working for me and I’m sure others have their own builds!

With the free stat and job skill reset you have the freedom to experiment what’s best for your play style!

This is a noob question, but please note that I am. A big one. When you say for example Sen/Con to level then rest is Str, do you mean it this way? If I am level 10, my Sen and Con should be level 10, then the rest of stat points go to strength. Is that it? TIA!

1 hour ago, Champion.PH said:

This is a noob question, but please note that I am. A big one. When you say for example Sen/Con to level then rest is Str, do you mean it this way? If I am level 10, my Sen and Con should be level 10, then the rest of stat points go to strength. Is that it? TIA!

Yeah exactly. Except this guide is out dated. For PvM you can just go full Strength, Con at 50 is enough.

If you’re using Axe then put some points into Sen and a bit more in Con (depending on how the stats scale with the skills for crit bonuses, at early levels the stats aren’t high enough to show any great changes. Utilize the free stat resets and skill resets until you’re happy with the numbers).
Otherwise full Stength and 50 Con. After max Strength you can go Dex for more Atk Power.

When you reach 250 then you can start choosing how you want to build your character.

Edited by Heatfist

56 minutes ago, Heatfist said:

Yeah exactly. Except this guide is out dated. For PvM you can just go full Strength, Con at 50 is enough.

If you’re using Axe then put some points into Sen and a bit more in Con (depending on how the stats scale with the skills for crit bonuses, at early levels the stats aren’t high enough to show any great changes. Utilize the free stat resets and skill resets until you’re happy with the numbers).
Otherwise full Stength and 50 Con. After max Strength you can go Dex for more Atk Power.

When you reach 250 then you can start choosing how you want to build your character.

Thanks! How about for PVP? 

1 hour ago, Champion.PH said:

Thanks! How about for PVP? 

Accuracy is your friend. 🙂

The rest you build to max crit and get atk as high as possible, you can even consider charm for extra buff/debuff effects. 

It all depends on your play style and which game arena mode you play. You may need defensive gear or offensive gear or a mix depending on what you’re facing. 

If you just wanna slam ppl then accuracy and atk power all the way after maxed crit should do the trick. xD 

3 hours ago, Heatfist said:

Accuracy is your friend. 🙂

The rest you build to max crit and get atk as high as possible, you can even consider charm for extra buff/debuff effects. 

It all depends on your play style and which game arena mode you play. You may need defensive gear or offensive gear or a mix depending on what you’re facing. 

If you just wanna slam ppl then accuracy and atk power all the way after maxed crit should do the trick. xD 

I see...like, how much accuracy is needed? And what is the max crit?

• 7 months later...