Add a IronMan/Hellmode Setting

AhsokaTano

I believe over the years they made leveling considerably easier, I remember back in the day it used to take a few months to even reach level 100. It would be nice if there was a Hellmode setting that you could talk to the fairy on birth island and set and in increases the exp. needed to level, or reduced the exp. gained from mobs for the character to some fraction of what's normal, so leveling speed will be roughly in line with what it originally was. Then if you hit the level cap you get a title or achievement or something that doesn't affect gameplay.

Also if you get bored of hell mode you can talk to like a mayor or any of the towns and leave it, then either....

• you just leave hellmode you level stays the same, future leveling becomes easier
  • the game converts the exp you've accumulated so far in hellmode and converts it to a regular level and you level up a whole bunch all at once

Then once you leave hellmode you can't enter it again, and only can't get the title/achievement.

A few notes

• It's fine to allow buying/trading of items unlike runescape ironman mode, as that was always a part of classic rose, plus it'll add value to a bunch of low level sets that people don't much use because they out level them to quickly.
  • Should places like Desert of the Dead and Clan Ground where you can get huge amounts of exp. that were not in the game back them be disabled while in hellmode?
Edited by AhsokaTano
  • Like 4

remember when jr. and sr. armor sets were really valuable because they have good base stats, especially if they had good bonus stats. and upgrading lower level weapons and armor, as well as blue weapons/armor with stats in general were pretty important back then as it took so long to level that even little bonuses added up. 

no, as described above the only goal of this setting is to reduce leveling speed to what it was back in the day, when it would take several months to even reach level 100.

I highly doubt anyone would want to play a character that can't die, or else you loose it.

Edited by AhsokaTano

1 hour ago, AhsokaTano said:

no, as described above the only goal of this setting is to reduce leveling speed to what it was back in the day, when it would take several months to even reach level 100.

I highly doubt anyone would want to play a character that can't die, or else you loose it.

From what you describe it's more like a Classic mode. That you can switch between a Classic XP mode and a Modern XP mode or something.