NA Rose tips/advice from Oldies.

Vaztuz

Here we are excited while we anticipate the 're-release?' of NA/Official Rose Online again. So I just thought of making this thread to give some tips/advice to other players who were late ( like me ) on experiencing the game, although I played the game when it was first released, but honestly I really sucked that time with MMORPG games. Hopefully some would share their past experience of the game, regardless if they are 'die hard' or 'pioneer' players of the game or 'newbies' before the game ended a few years ago. From a better way to grind or level up, a good setup for Dungeon Runs, or 'I shouldn't have done this' when I played the game and most importantly... those instances that... 'F!CK, can't believe I was scammed/I believed that 4hole!' moments, LOL.

With that said, I have a lot of 'stupid/WTF' moments and things that I wish I would have known sooner moments so, hopefully, it would help out some of you and just to let you know, I don't have a clue on what the major changes in on the game so, some of those things I or other player have experienced might not be applicable.

Before the game closed, there was a Valor/PVM shop and then there's an Honor/PVP shop. Like what I mentioned, gears and items sold in Valor/PVM shop are good items  to use when leveling or farming PVM/Valor, from items that increases your survivability and such with Dungeons and 'defaul maps.' Now Honor/PVP shops sells gear that greatly benefits yo in PVP. With that said, on past NA Rose, when you were 'PVP specific gear' on a Dungeon Run/PVM you would notice that it's harder for you to survive and vice versa, when wearing Valor/PVM gear on PVP instances.

My advice, even if you are aiming to be a PVP player, or you want to build a character specifically for PVP... regardless, focus on PVM/Valor. Why? In my experience, it's harder to earn and save Honor/PVP points when engaging in PVP battles right away. I'm not sure if it's still applicable on this new release but, I suggest that you farm Valor/PVM points, then convert them to Honor/PVP points to buy the necessary PVP gear. Believe me, there's nothing more disheartening than being a 'cannon fodder' or 'bait' during PVP instance battles. Ugh! I just remembered how iMokie used me as a bait and shield when we first tried PVP. T_T

• Haha 1

Are they keeping the valor/honor system and the shops associated with the two? 

Lord knows what the changes are going to be when the game is finally released. It's best to just wait for the release, in my opinion, instead of wasting time on something that could not even be implemented in the game anymore. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/9/2022 at 5:31 AM, Vaztuz said:

Before the game closed, there was a Valor/PVM shop and then there's an Honor/PVP shop. Like what I mentioned, gears and items sold in Valor/PVM shop are good items  to use when leveling or farming PVM/Valor, from items that increases your survivability and such with Dungeons and 'defaul maps.' Now Honor/PVP shops sells gear that greatly benefits yo in PVP. With that said, on past NA Rose, when you were 'PVP specific gear' on a Dungeon Run/PVM you would notice that it's harder for you to survive and vice versa, when wearing Valor/PVM gear on PVP instances.

My advice, even if you are aiming to be a PVP player, or you want to build a character specifically for PVP... regardless, focus on PVM/Valor. Why? In my experience, it's harder to earn and save Honor/PVP points when engaging in PVP battles right away. I'm not sure if it's still applicable on this new release but, I suggest that you farm Valor/PVM points, then convert them to Honor/PVP points to buy the necessary PVP gear. Believe me, there's nothing more disheartening than being a 'cannon fodder' or 'bait' during PVP instance battles. Ugh! I just remembered how iMokie used me as a bait and shield when we first tried PVP. T_T

Hahaha the naughty iMokie 🤣

• Like 1