critical max is 50% Or can it be higher?

How crit works:

Your critical rating stat gets converted to a percentage based on level; the higher level you are, the more critical you need to increase the percentage. 

At level 250 26.9 critical = 1% 

The maximum amount of crit rate you can acheive is 50%, but your total crit can exceed that.

There is also a critical defense stat which is subtracted from the attackers critical rating befote being converted to a percentage. 

Because of critical defense, the crit percent in your character stats is a little misleading.

If your character has 1345 critical it would equate to 50% crit rate in your character stats. But let's say you are hitting a target with 250 crit defense, your true crit rate would actually be 40.71%.

Because of this it can still be beneficial to raise your crit above the 50% mark.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sorry, I still don't understand. I just want to ask, even if the critical hit rate reaches 50%, if I increase the critical hit rate, will it increase the critical hit success rate, or will it increase the damage?

It will increase the success technically but it can still never of 50%. Critical damage is a separate stat which can only be increased by certain skills/passives, citrine marquis and some exalted sets that give it as a set bonus.