State of the game

Posted (edited)

I've been playing ROSE on various servers on and off for a long time. This is my first time playing EVO, which probably means I'm not educated enough on some of my opinions. That being said, I feel like the state of the game and quality of life need some help.

Leveling to max is painfully slow and near impossible to do alone.  Please don't just give me the whole you need to be a in a party, sure I get that. But show me another mmorpg where you have to party up to get to max level. The group activities almost always come after reaching the max level.

Cleric changes and all the blah blah about it. My only question here is, doesn't it just open the door for max charm/max dex raiders and so on with the other classes to be buff bots for a group?  

Skill points. Not enough, simple as that. Imagine having to pay for a skill reset, it would kill the game instantly.

Stats versus gems. I don't even know where to start. So many questions and no luck finding any answers. Why do some stats sell for more than 150mil and others you can't get to sell for 2mil? Sure I understand some stats are better than others and some classes are more common, but let's look at it this way. Dex / AP is around 20m for a g789, and Int / AP is around 10m for g789. Why is one stat worth twice as much as the other, but a topaz and garnet are the same price?  Then that leads to the question of what's the difference between Garnet 10 and Dex 25/Ap 40. I can't find the answer and sure as hell don't have the zulie to test anything for myself. If a grade 10 gem is only going to be minimally better than a max stat why are they priced at 1 billion zulie. I don't even want to imagine trying to make that much zulie. No game developer should ever expect someone to play that much for one item. Then back to the point that the gem is only slightly better than a max stat that only costs damn near a fraction of a percent of the gem. Try to make that make SENse. 

Which is the next topic, what a useless stat currently. Absolutely ignored in dungeons because you can't crit a boss. No one plays pvp, at least not during the hours I play, so the crit and sen stats are ignored. The only thing its good for is an artisan to craft max stats. 

The state of the economy and slow leveling grind via repeatable quests caused my to lose interest and stop playing about three months after release. I have recently started playing again and will say that the economy has gotten better  

I know I'm asking to be crucified, but I'll say it anyway. Maybe the problem with the stats and gems, or economy as a whole, is the greedy little goblins that craft the stats and farm the materials for gem making. It wouldn't surprise me if the same people that are camping the farming spots, probably botting half the time they are farming, or waiting for me to spawn a wanderer for them are also buying items just to keep the price of them higher. I could be completely wrong, but with such a small player base it really wouldn't be hard to control the economy with 2 or 3 clans working together. 

I'm saying all this without knowing anything for certain and also offering no solution. So shame on me, I know. I just think it might be healthy for the game to talk about the potential of lack of resources and how they seem to be controlled by players at the moment. 

Edited by merc2
typo

Posted (edited)

Something to add. No stat takes more materials to craft than another, meaning the variation in price shouldn't be much. The thing is, it takes me HOURS to farm 20mil and maybe not even get it if luck isn't on my side. It takes minutes to craft and get a max stat. The rich getting richer is an understatement here, they are bleeding the player base out and killing the game. Time becomes more precious to me the older I get. I won't and don't expect other people to play a game where their time is so easily taken advantage of. 

Edited by merc2
  • Like 1

There are a couple of threads in the past (listed below) that is also talking about the similar issue, the issue is identified but I guess it will take a long time for these problems to be fixed.

But regarding the cleric changes, I believe it is because Clerics were holding the game as hostage for a long time, back then when a cleric is not present, nothing is functional, you just sit there starring at each other. They reduced the heavy reliance of Cleric's buff by reducing their magnitude, and re-distribute the buffs across all 4 classes, nowadays you will see people be able to complete dungeons without a cleric, it's a good change IMO.

The rest of the things you mentioned, I brought those up many times, but nothing can be done, because it's a free market, people are monopolizing and selling however much they want, but then the people are enabling these price by paying up. And then you have a 2m daily quest in place for whatever reason (may be for player retention purpose), that funds these end game meta items, causes them to appear very very unaffordable by the average person. It's not as bad as before, because you have alternatives, you can use Lv.200 accessory instead of Lv.240, there are plenty of good max sub-stat instead of these S-tier substat like DEX/AP, CHA/AP, CHA/MS stuff like that.

In my honest opinion, we have reached a point of stale economy where I believe it's better to get a bunch of characters to farm these 2m daily quest than going out all the way to equip a farmer and doing repetitive risky king farmings. So many rare loot in my opinion doesn't sell for how hard it is to obtain them.

• Like 2

The economy prices of certain stats vs others is just supply and demand. The reason the dex ap sells for more than the int ap is because more people want the stat therefor pay more therefor the price goes up.

36 minutes ago, Phish_ said:

The economy prices of certain stats vs others is just supply and demand. The reason the dex ap sells for more than the int ap is because more people want the stat therefor pay more therefor the price goes up.

Obviously, but not the point. Again topaz and garnet are the same price. 

2 hours ago, HilariousFace said:

But regarding the cleric changes, I believe it is because Clerics were holding the game as hostage for a long time, back then when a cleric is not present, nothing is functional, you just sit there starring at each other. They reduced the heavy reliance of Cleric's buff by reducing their magnitude, and re-distribute the buffs across all 4 classes, nowadays you will see people be able to complete dungeons without a cleric, it's a good change IMO.

At least before if you had your own cleric you could suffice. Now you just stare at your screen when you can't find a party. 

2 hours ago, HilariousFace said:

In my honest opinion, we have reached a point of stale economy where I believe it's better to get a bunch of characters to farm these 2m daily quest than going out all the way to equip a farmer and doing repetitive risky king farmings.

Yes, which is a joke. One major change they wanted was to erase the need for multiple characters. They even made it impossible to log more than two at a time. 

5 hours ago, HilariousFace said:

They reduced the heavy reliance of Cleric's buff by reducing their magnitude, and re-distribute the buffs across all 4 classes, nowadays you will see people be able to complete dungeons without a cleric, it's a good change IMO.

Find a party first. Just like you have to do before leveling up. You can't queue up and find a party to level up.