Change of agro mechanics?

Hello,

I have a question, have the agro mechanics been changed from "back in the good old days"? 

From what I remember, the one luring would hold agro much better than it is now? Like the people put on aoe would only be hit my mobs spawning close and you mostly had to heal the lurer. As the casual nostalgia player that I am, I like the old way better.

I mean im sure there is a good reason for the change, but like i said to my friend when walking about this: "If i wanted to play a balanced game I would play something else"

Anyone have any thought about this?

It was changed for loot purposes, and because of some back ground things. It was also changed to prevent easier botting by setting up a bunch of aoe chars and only playing 1 to get the effect of leveling all your alts at once.
It's better this way, I like people needing to use 3 brain cells instead of 2 to level in this game.

Edited by Vile

On 4/28/2024 at 1:17 AM, Vile said:

It was changed for loot purposes, and because of some back ground things. It was also changed to prevent easier botting by setting up a bunch of aoe chars and only playing 1 to get the effect of leveling all your alts at once.
It's better this way, I like people needing to use 3 brain cells instead of 2 to level in this game.

Thank you for explaining! At least now I know that Im not delusional when i think the mechanic has been changed.

I will disagree with you that this is better, even if i understand the reasoning why the changes was made. But that is my personal opinion, but then again i disagree with many changes that has been made purely because they are not like they were before.

Yea, typically an appeal to the past / appeal to history isn't considered a good argument. I fully understand the nostalgia though so it's relatable. Times change, best to adapt to the changes and appreciate the memories you made from before.

17 hours ago, Vile said:

Yea, typically an appeal to the past / appeal to history isn't considered a good argument. I fully understand the nostalgia though so it's relatable. Times change, best to adapt to the changes and appreciate the memories you made from before.

Well i guess that depends on what you are trying to achive and who you are trying to appeal to. If this was a new MMO i would 100% agree with the changes. It probobly makes the game "better"/more balanced. But from what I understand most players are old school players that are only here for nostalgia. So from that point of view there is an argument appealing to nostalgia. Not that it matters since the devs have decided to make their version of Rose. Its still a fine game tho.