Questions regarding the new UI system

xikeon

The update last month introducing the new UI system got me interested. I started playing around with it to see what it was capable of and I ran into some things that I wanted to ask about.

- The update rate of the ui seems extremely low (1 or 2 fps) making animations/transitions effectively impossible. Is it supposed to be this low? Is to support low end machines? If so, will this become a setting in the future to run at the games refresh rate or vsync?

- From my understanding the UI system uses RmlUi. Could we get info on what version it's running to know which features are supported?

- I couldn't get transforms to work at all. Are there limitations applied to the rmlui feature set or is this due to running an older version?

That's it for now. I'm excited to see the future possibilities and the themes people are going to be able to make with this!

We use RMLUI 5.1 with the freetype and lua modules enabled. We'll upgrade to rmlui6 once it's released, there's some nice features there we want. The UI is updated and rendered every frame although we haven't implemented any animations yet so there might be some configuration settings missing from our end that is causing weird behavior.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lazypenguin said:

We use RMLUI 5.1 with the freetype and lua modules enabled. We'll upgrade to rmlui6 once it's released, there's some nice features there we want. The UI is updated and rendered every frame although we haven't implemented any animations yet so there might be some configuration settings missing from our end that is causing weird behavior.

Thanks for the reply! Good to hear that it's not intentional and might be a misconfiguration. Looking forward to it being fleshed out more and being able to use it to it's full potential