Which ideas can be done in comparison to Rednim's team capacity?

Zeror

There was a little discussion about which ideas can be executed by the dev team compared to Rednim's team capacity.

You can read the discussion here in the comment section:

As the discussion doesn't have anything to do anymore with the idea itself i suggest we continue here in this topic.

11 hours ago, Avatar said:

Sorry, I don’t understand the premise of this post. Could you elaborate a little? 

There is a disconnect between the players ideas and Rednims capability to implement said ideas. If players had more direct knowledge of the teams capability and each members role, the players may be more inclined to suggest ideas that suite the performance of Rednims team.

For example, Rednims website has no included information on the Studio. Just says its an international team based out of Texas. The team involved and their jobs are not listed. The current updates to ROSE Online are not presented on their main website. There isn't even a time-line of expected updates and content to look forward to. If we are in Early Access then there's usually a time-line to which the company is implementing updates, content and ways to show forward momentum towards those goals.

Edited by TheGuy
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, TheGuy said:

There is a disconnect between the players ideas and Rednims capability to implement said ideas. If players had more direct knowledge of the teams capability and each members role, the players may be more inclined to suggest ideas that suite the performance of Rednims team.

For example, Rednims website has no included information on the Studio. Just says its an international team based out of Texas. The team involved and their jobs are not listed. The current updates to ROSE Online are not presented on their main website. There isn't even a time-line of expected updates and content to look forward to. If we are in Early Access then there's usually a time-line to which the company is implementing updates, content and ways to show forward momentum towards those goals.

Ah, okay, thank you for clarifying! 

I don't think it would matter what the teams capabilities are because they are constantly evolving. If we limit the community's ideas to what the team is capable of doing, then we stifle innovation or getting the developers out of their comfort zone to where we'd have nothing but limited updates. If the community were to present an idea and the team has no experience in coding that idea, then they can start from scratch. It has already happened on several occasions, in fact. 

I get the idea of the community wanting to know the expertise of the team, but I do not think it is necessary. We want to encourage everyone to submit their ideas, regardless of how difficult it may seem. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Avatar said:

Ah, okay, thank you for clarifying! 

I don't think it would matter what the teams capabilities are because they are constantly evolving. If we limit the community's ideas to what the team is capable of doing, then we stifle innovation or getting the developers out of their comfort zone to where we'd have nothing but limited updates. If the community were to present an idea and the team has no experience in coding that idea, then they can start from scratch. It has already happened on several occasions, in fact. 

I get the idea of the community wanting to know the expertise of the team, but I do not think it is necessary. We want to encourage everyone to submit their ideas, regardless of how difficult it may seem. 

It's not necessary but it's still valuable information to have posted the website. LazyPenguin - Lead Developer, HoneyBuns - Lead Support (etc etc, for whatever you guys do). 

If someone posted an idea on a complete new world - is that something Rednims team is capable of doing? Does Rednim have an artist and developer dedicated to coding new maps and worlds? If not, then why should the community continue to request them if the capability isn't there. Currently, in my eyes, I see no world development so I have to assume Rednim has no employee currently working on new maps. That is also due to the lack of available information on the team on their main website. 

2 hours ago, TheGuy said:

It's not necessary but it's still valuable information to have posted the website. LazyPenguin - Lead Developer, HoneyBuns - Lead Support (etc etc, for whatever you guys do). 

If someone posted an idea on a complete new world - is that something Rednims team is capable of doing? Does Rednim have an artist and developer dedicated to coding new maps and worlds? If not, then why should the community continue to request them if the capability isn't there. Currently, in my eyes, I see no world development so I have to assume Rednim has no employee currently working on new maps. That is also due to the lack of available information on the team on their main website. 

Ah, yes! Adding the titles is indeed a great suggestion. At the moment, we're still trying to find a volunteer who is a web designer to update our page. I believe LazyPenguin has stated that he would indeed like to refresh the main website with new information and stuff. So more to come on that front! 🙂

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TheGuy said:

Even if they don't have someone who can do it now, it can still inspire the team to do it later when they do have someone capable of doing it. So don't let that discourage you of posting wild ideas. Your idea might even be the reason why the team wants to expand. Think about that. 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zeror said:

Even if they don't have someone who can do it now, it can still inspire the team to do it later when they do have someone capable of doing it. So don't let that discourage you of posting wild ideas. Your idea might even be the reason why the team wants to expand. Think about that. 😉

I'm sorry you feel that participation awards are something to be proud of. Do you hang all your ideas on your wall and point them out when your friends go by? I am completely discouraged posting any new idea. You and I seem to have read Avatars post completely different from eachother. To me, Avatar is saying its nice to see ideas flowing but they are in such a financial crunch, they cannot afford to hire a web developer. Which means they also cant afford other things either. Rednim is a company just like any other.

6 hours ago, TheGuy said:

I'm sorry you feel that participation awards are something to be proud of. Do you hang all your ideas on your wall and point them out when your friends go by? I am completely discouraged posting any new idea. You and I seem to have read Avatars post completely different from eachother. To me, Avatar is saying its nice to see ideas flowing but they are in such a financial crunch, they cannot afford to hire a web developer. Which means they also cant afford other things either. Rednim is a company just like any other.

I’m not understanding why there is a such a negative outlook from you regarding this. 

Rednim is a small company, yes, and has only been around since the time of acquiring the license from Gravity. As such, 95% of the team is contributing on a voluntary basis. We all love this game and we never expect anyone on the team to treat it as a primary job. 

There isn’t anything wrong with having the community submit their ideas, regardless of how difficult it may seem, as Zeror already pointed out. We’re going to continue with this method as it helps the team leave their comfort zones and try methods they’ve yet to do, as they’ve done before. 

• Like 3