Today I Learned... (Bourg related suggestion post)

Flump

So today I learned that Champions (maybe all soldiers) get a sweet health regen when they kill mobs..

I also know that mages have a pretty nifty magic shield.. clerics can heal themselves.. and the hawker classes can stack dodge pretty quickly to become pretty tanky in that regard.

Then there's us dealers.. there have been plenty of times that I've felt squishy but I've thought that it impacted everyone. However with the above in mind, it seems that dealers pull the short straw.

I wonder if dealers can get some kind of skill (active or passive) that helps with this? Let's get creative here, ideas as follows:

- Active "Zulie Barrier" - All attacks made against the character are reduced by 25/50/75/100 until 25 attacks have been mitigated. Lasts xx seconds. xx seconds cooldown.

- Active "Zulie Regen" - All attacks made by the dealer regenerate 50 hp (regardless of number of mobs hit).

- Passive "Frugality" - Whenever the dealer kills a mob, they regen 10% of their max hp over 10 seconds (this effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds)

What do we think?! Completely open to tuning / scaling, but at the moment it feels like I'm continuously pumping my food and pots even in areas with grey names (thinking here some Xita mobs, and I'm level 221...)

• Like 1

I agree that dealers are the squishiest without any defensive skills. The thing Dealers can do that other classes cant is craft. You can craft potions to use to heal and also grenades for niche abilities like mana steal, stun, dmg, etc.

A neat survivability skill for dealer imo would be one called "Hired to Protect" (or something along those lines) which could be a 5 point skill reducing the cooldown on it from 60 sec to 40 sec and having the effect cause your active minions to take all damage the Dealer would take in the next 5 seconds as well as pulling monster aggro off the Dealer too.

On 2/1/2023 at 6:51 PM, Heatfist said:

I agree that dealers are the squishiest without any defensive skills. The thing Dealers can do that other classes cant is craft. You can craft potions to use to heal and also grenades for niche abilities like mana steal, stun, dmg, etc.

A neat survivability skill for dealer imo would be one called "Hired to Protect" (or something along those lines) which could be a 5 point skill reducing the cooldown on it from 60 sec to 40 sec and having the effect cause your active minions to take all damage the Dealer would take in the next 5 seconds as well as pulling monster aggro off the Dealer too.

I like this!

Another idea is a mercenary taunt, perhaps for the melee one.. to give it some love.. which simply has the mercenary taunt the mob off of you.. that would be awesome! Could have it only work for like 5 seconds with a 20 seconds cooldown so that it doesn't become too OP

• Like 1