Crack Knight aka Speed Knight aka the 1-buff COU clear knight: A brief guide

MikeOC

Notes: this is the same guide I posted in the knight guild hall in dc. Reposting here so as not to lose it to inactivity.

Also, I purposefully did not elaborate on some of what I do in this guide (mid-dg gear switching, use of other spd items, set/armor piece selection depending on dg, etc) This was done so as to encourage experimentation, and discerning for yourself what works from what doesn't.

Please feel free to add input and your own anecdotes to this guide via the comments below.

"If you ain't first, you're last."

This build gives you decent single-target dps output, outrageous (for a knight) mspd, and versatility - all while being tanky enough to withstand big hits. I'd say this is the perfect/ideal build for rushing/skipping to bosses in both SC and COU for knights.

With this build, you will consistently clear COU in less than 20 mins. With the right team, you can even clear COU in 12-15 mins, hence the 1-buff name.

Equipment

Must-have: typhoon set, without this set, and especially without any mspd substat, you will always be the slowest person in your team. No bueno if you want to finish dgs as fast as possible when spamming.

Serviceable: reinforced 200 set, either of the exalted sets

Nice to haves: aspd gems, aspd, STR, HP/mspd substats, valor set, armor pieces with dg specific element enhancement, peridot baguette gem from honor shop, hopeite cushion gem

Why would this build make me more versatile?

This build, especially as regards SC, makes you versatile because you no longer need to rely on a scout or raider to unlock doors for you. You can zoom through the routes and do it yourself mostly unscathed (with pots ofc).

Why don't you add pts to CON?

I've noticed that it didn't matter, really. I still hit enemies when out doing repeatables. I still hit enemies in dg, with or without accu buffs.

Why add points to DEX?

Because it scales with Advance Defense Training while adding dodge and damage.

Why CHA?

Because if you're in a group, it makes sense to enable your groupmates to do as much damage as they can via your buffs.

327870959_511091021161706_8283011488683382126_n.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

image.png

Edited by MikeOC

@Kuuma hello!

My weapon rn is Endless blade with wind element, as I used to COU exclusively then go scorpio repeatables (wind does extra damage to poison mobs, including scorpios) when I don't feel like doing dgs.

I switch out to Hoarfrost when fighting Executor and shaman. My AP rn, with EB +14, is 1247 unbuffed. I'll update this once I do COU again to tell you just how much damage I do per hit.Combine that with base attacks/sec of 1.62 (mostly thanks to peridot baguette 25% aspd + back arms with aspd substat), which can get to 2.32 when passive (graceful fencing) triggers, you can contribute decent single-target damage to bosses.

I also have Mesolite Oval 13 in all my typhoon accessories rn as looking for my preferred substats for a g6 item is a pain.

Lastly, I have a hopeite cushion 12 just so I can work with the widest range of clerics possible (it gives 15% more hp from restore effects, great if cleric has sht heal XD).

I hope you do try this build as I only know one other knight (goodknight) who has a lot of mspd. We can try a 4-knight + cleric SC/COU clear for the hell of it haha

Edited by MikeOC

19 minutes ago, etyenneuhh said:

I used to play rose when (Topaz/ruby/garnet/sapphire/emerald)[7] gave flat stats
Knights had an AOE TAUNT
Where did it go ? 😞

Hello! @etyenneuhh

Knight still has an aoe taunt in Impact wave. However, when I tested it out in SOD, I noticed that I can only taunt around 2 at most mobs with it. I might be wrong tho. Add to that how much skill points you need to use in order to get it, I decided to stop using it immediately and use the points for other skills instead. Sacrifice is the only aoe taunt I use rn. Taunt for single target.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya, New Rose player and New Knight. Just did Job change. As far as stats go. how do you distribute them? i notice you say why dex and all that but can you give numbers? like Str to 350 or Dex to Level. Cha 100?  Also what are all the unique skills you use?

thank you for the info

Edited by Oventoaster

On 2/15/2023 at 9:54 PM, Oventoaster said:

Hiya, New Rose player and New Knight. Just did Job change. As far as stats go. how do you distribute them? i notice you say why dex and all that but can you give numbers? like Str to 350 or Dex to Level. Cha 100?  Also what are all the unique skills you use?

thank you for the info

I used to max out STR, then put points to reach 250 CHA. The rest went to DEX.

That said, I've since improved upon (moved on) adding dex to my stats. I now max out STR then add the rest of the points to CHA. I no longer feel the need to dole out as much damage as before as players have vastly improved gear-wise. The collective knowledge of how to run dungeons properly has also gotten better to the point that I no longer have to compensate for what I thought most teams lacked (damage).

Yes, it's a great flex to be able to hold your lane as a knight during the gloopy boss fight(without MM13!) and in other situations, but I find it easier to trust people now to know what they're doing.

That said, feel free to try out new things with your build. Add dex. See if it fits your play style. Stat and skill reset are free! Make sure to use it.

On 2/21/2023 at 4:46 AM, Oventoaster said:

Thank you for the Reply and info. Could you tell me the names of the Unique skills in that screenshot? or the Unique skills i should get

For the unique skills in the screenshot, most of what you see don't have a use really. What matters most is that you get Sacrifice, Adamantine Fist, Guardian's Might, and Shield Spikes.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...