Refining Guide

Makarov

What's the safe refine upgrade? And does the item break at some point when it fails? 

+1-10 = Safe

+11-15 = ?????

+15-20 = ????

Catalyst = Pink Powder, Purple Powder, ????

Refine Enhancement = Lisents ????

Refine Protection = ????

IF the Item has a GEM in it will it affect the success rate of refining ???? 

This guide will help alot thanks 😄

Edited by Makarov

Catalysts are: Pink/Purple Powders, Lisent (Hg)/(U). 

Though the other powders and Lisents are still in the game, they are of no use. I think there’s a quest still giving out Lisent (Fe) or something similar and it gives 0% chance of improvement. 

Refine enhancements and protections have been removed from the game. They were considered P2W and were part of the item mall. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 7:15 AM, Avatar said:

All Item Types (common, honor, valor, etc.) have the same degrade levels.

Items do not break anymore.

Refine Grades 1-10 = safe from degrade
Refine Grades 11-15 = 1 degrade level
Refine Grades 16-20 = 2 degrade levels

Just to add base on my own experience just yesterday... I had an Item Grade 1 that I had manage to refine to Grade [10] already, and since I still have 1 remaining bindrune, I think I had nothing to lose if I try to refine it further, thinking the grade will not be downgraded when refining fails but as it fails, the original Grade [10] becomes Grade [9] afterwards with the consumption of the refines and a cost in zulie.

With that, I believe that the statement 'safe from degrade" is not guaranteed up to [10] or I just misunderstood the calculation??? Like since I am already aiming for [11] that is why that "1 degrade level" is already in effect? If this is not the intended result, then Devs should visit the code for recalculation of refining rules, there could be some logic (formula) error there...

Edited by HLAJR

25 minutes ago, HLAJR said:

Just to add base on my own experience just yesterday... I had an Item Grade 1 that I had manage to refine to Grade [10] already, and since I still have 1 remaining bindrune, I think I had nothing to lose if I try to refine it further, thinking the grade will not be downgraded when refining fails but as it fails, the original Grade [10] becomes Grade [9] afterwards with the consumption of the refines and a cost in zulie.

With that, I believe that the statement 'safe from degrade" is not guaranteed up to [10] or I just misunderstood the calculation??? Like since I am already aiming for [11] that is why that "1 degrade level" is already in effect? If this is not the intended result, then Devs should visit the code for recalculation of refining rules, there could be some logic (formula) error there...

Yes, it performed correctly. 

You were at 10 and attempting to go to 11. If you fail, it reduces 1. When you fail, you don’t go to 11 first and get reduced 1 and go back to 10. You go from 10, attempt 11 (but don’t get there) and reduced 1, so 9. 

I hope that made sense. 

On 2/17/2023 at 3:08 PM, Avatar said:

Yes, it performed correctly. 

You were at 10 and attempting to go to 11. If you fail, it reduces 1. When you fail, you don’t go to 11 first and get reduced 1 and go back to 10. You go from 10, attempt 11 (but don’t get there) and reduced 1, so 9. 

I hope that made sense. 

So meaning the only safe is going to 10 (from 9), you can fail there without going back to 8, but if already at 10, you can be rolled back to 9 if failed.

Then perhaps just to be clear, these 

Refine Grades 1-10 = safe from degrade
Refine Grades 11-15 = 1 degrade level -----> should become [ Refine Grades "to" 11-15 = 1 degrade level "on failure" ]

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 7:15 AM, Avatar said:

Refine Grades 11-15 = 1 degrade level

Any chance the team might add slight % rate for 0 degrade when failed? since it's 100% degrade when failed ingame

Edited by ZeemanGG