Steam deck

Hannspree

3 hours ago, Whispeurs said:

Make sure your installation is up to date as mention, because the launcher wont work and if the game isnt patched correctly maybe it can prevent it from opening. After that it should work smoothly, here is my settings if it helps you(Im on pop_os its based on ubuntu)

Screenshot from 2022-12-20 16-14-29.png

Screenshot from 2022-12-20 16-14-40.png

Is your rose working under those settings?!

3 hours ago, Hannspree said:

Sorry meant my settings are the same but mime don't work 

Same, first thing i tried was to run it on proton, as i couldnt get it to work (probably cuz the game wasnt updated...) i had to dual boot windows. Now i can try again and maybe i wont need dual boot anyome.

On 12/20/2022 at 9:44 PM, Marcel said:

Same, first thing i tried was to run it on proton, as i couldnt get it to work (probably cuz the game wasnt updated...) i had to dual boot windows. Now i can try again and maybe i wont need dual boot anyome.

Did you try it yet ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey not sure if this is helpful to you, but I've got ROSE running on Linux using Wine and Lutris, not Steam. See here

In my experience, an unpatched game will launch just fine, but will hang on 'connecting to server' at login. So if the game is not launching, something is off with the '--init --server ...' arguments, or it is broken in another way.

• 2 weeks later...

STEAMDECK for the win!

Using update script from https://github.com/snyke7/swamp-rose-updater

(had to manually download dependencies with pacman)

allowed the game to work directly from trose.exe, which is best for Lutris in any linux environment.

along with the launch argument given above to manually connect to server when launching the app allowed me to easily play the game on SteamDeck natively (SteamOS). WOOHOO!

Edited by Rhime
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So I've reviewed the many posts and have been unable to get ROSE to boot via Steam w/ GE Proton / Proton nor via Lutris. The client was updated on my PC and transferred to the deck, and even installed via the swamp rose updater through Lutris and same result. Never opens. Any help?