Important Quality of Life improvements for the game

Zeror

Here some of the Quality of Life improvements for the game i could think after playing the game again.

1. Add a seperate WASD toggle in the interface options
    Let the player decide if they want to use WASD controls or not. Independently of the gameplay mode.

2. Make the quest title in the quest tracker clickable to open the quest in the Quest Journal.
    This makes the quest details easier to reach.

3. Give us a full and anlarged version of the zone map.
    For example, when you right click on the minimap you get a window showing that same minimap, but in it's full enlarged glory.

4. Make the way drops/dropnames look different based on whether the loot is pickable by me or not.
    I thought ROSE had something for this, correct me if i'm wrong. If ROSE doesn't have anything for this then it's a good idea to add it.

5. Seperate Hotbar Lock option into Lock Hotbar and Lock Buttons options.
    This way you can lock the bar from moving, but are still be able to change the spells and stuff on the hotbar for example.

6. Add a 'Smooth Camera' option to video settings
    Kinda a technical thing. When the Performance-Quality slider in Video settings is at it's lowest setting then you won't have the smooth camera the game has on higher settings. Not having this smooth camera makes the game feel less slow in my opinion. Making this an option would make the game better.

7. Add Area Looting to pick up multiple items at once.
    The idea is that when you loot an item you automatically pick up all items that lie within a certain range from you. You can save time on looting, cause looting each item separately is tedious and not fun.

8. Show base stats and the bonus stats seperately.
    On the Character Info window you see your stats like: STR [45]. Change it into: STR 33 +12. The +12 is the bonus STR that came from the items. Pressing [+] to increase a stat will raise the base stat, but keep showing that +12 as bonus stat.

9. The !-mark above NPC's head for repeatable quests should have a different color than the normal quests. Same goes for main story quests !-marks.
    In WoW repeatable quests have blue !-marks and the normal quests are yellow. So they are easy to distinguish. Could work for ROSE too. The !-mark for main quest could have a little decoration to show it's special and more important (WoW does this with a 🔰 with a !-mark in it for example).

10. Quests in the quest tracker should be toggleable on and off. The quest tracker should be have the option to expand or collapse.
    Sometimes you accept a quest to do it later or you're not questing at all. It's nice you can hide what you want in this case.

11. Add adjustable keybindings to the game.
    Let us, players, decide which keys we wanna use instead of having it hardcoded into the game. It will make the game much more flexible and friendlier.

12. Add 'Viewed' or 'Not yet viewed' status to vending Shop labels. Also add buying, selling or buying and selling status to this.
    Adding this makes it easier to see which shop is selling and which is buying or both. And which you haven't checked yet.

13. BIG ONE, but must be done: Introduce a new scalable UI
    Current UI and UI system not of this modern times. The higher the resolutions get on monitors, the harder the UI get to interact with. This should be high on the priority list to fix.
Edited by Zeror
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Zeror said:

Here some of the Quality of Life improvements for the game i could think after playing the game again.

1. Add a seperate WASD toggle in the interface options
    Let the player decide if they want to use WASD controls or not. Independently of the gameplay mode.

2. Make the quest title in the quest tracker clickable to open the quest in the Quest Journal.
    This makes the quest details easier to reach.

3. Give us a full and anlarged version of the zone map.
    For example, when you right click on the minimap you get a window showing that same minimap, but in it's full enlarged glory.

4. Make the way drops/dropnames look different based on whether the loot is pickable by me or not.
    I thought ROSE had something for this, correct me if i'm wrong. If ROSE doesn't have anything for this then it's a good idea to add it.

5. Seperate Hotbar Lock option into Lock bar and Lock Buttons options.
    This way you can lock the bar from moving, but are still be able to change the spells and stuff on the hotbar for example.

6. Add a 'Smooth Camera' option to video settings
    Kinda a technical thing. When the Performance-Quality slider in Video settings is at it's lowest setting then you won't have the smooth camera the game has on higher settings. Not having this smooth camera makes the game feel less slow in my opinion. Making this an option would make the game better.

1. HECK YES! My goodness it’s so annoying lol. 

3. HECK YES! 

4. Actually, I really like this idea. 

5. YES! 

• Zeror changed the title to Some Quality of Life improvements for the game

I think 4 would be less of an issue if the time required to loot other people's items wasn't so long. If someone doesn't loot something in like 10-30 seconds they probably don't want it. It's really annoying to see so much loot on the floor everywhere I go, but if anyone tries to clean it up...most of it is on cooldown still.

These are all very good suggestions, I don't know if the limitation of the game engine would allow it but I hope most of these gets implemented no matter how long it takes. It's very reminiscent of some features of a very old and popular MMORPG! Don't wanna drop names in case it's not allowed.

I miss the ammunition quantity icon right below the char status on the top left corner...
And is there a list with all the hotkeys available in game?
As the old ones are not valid with this iteration, like holding ctrl to show item names or pressing Alt+1, 2, 3... to swap skillbars...

#1 is vital, i cant believe after all these years that wasnt touched. 

EDIT: Chain questions icons are grey above NPCs (randomly) and sometimes do not show at all. If the next NPC for a chain quest is available, they should have a distinctive icon (green probably) so it is obvious that its the next chain. 

Repeatable ones (so far) have the same yellow icon as well, it should be distinctive (like blue)

Mainline quests are lit up as red on the quest list, but icons once again are yellow. Making them red would be better. 

Edited by Noriega
Added stuff
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TastedlikeChiken said:

a) multiclient feels odd, having to click twice for your character to move is weird.

b) offline shopping.

c) ctrl should let you see item names on the floor.

d) auto pickup maybe item/pet.

e) click on the minimap to take you where you click.

f) follow option?

A) Multi clienting itself is weird. You should only ever have to open 1 client. 

B) Offline shopping is being discussed. 

C) There is an option in game that always allows you to see dropped item names. Pressing ctrl to view the item seems old. 

D) Sure.

E) I like this idea, too. 

F) I’m indifferent.

Nice ideas, Chiken!

• Confused 1

On 12/16/2022 at 9:29 PM, TastedlikeChiken said:

a) multiclient feels odd, having to click twice for your character to move is weird.

b) offline shopping.

c) ctrl should let you see item names on the floor.

d) auto pickup maybe item/pet.

e) click on the minimap to take you where you click.

f) follow option?

a) this needs to be fixed, i guess
b) if you mean i can set up a vending store and then log out, then yes.
c) Would be nice, yes
d) See QoL nr 7 for my idea
e) Don't agree on this. Click on minimap should open an enlarged size map of the zone.
f) Would be nice.

On 12/16/2022 at 10:43 PM, Noriega said:

#1 is vital, i cant believe after all these years that wasnt touched. 

EDIT: Chain questions icons are grey above NPCs (randomly) and sometimes do not show at all. If the next NPC for a chain quest is available, they should have a distinctive icon (green probably) so it is obvious that its the next chain. 

Repeatable ones (so far) have the same yellow icon as well, it should be distinctive (like blue)

Mainline quests are lit up as red on the quest list, but icons once again are yellow. Making them red would be better. 

I agree on these points. Added to the list.

Edited by Zeror

• Zeror changed the title to Important Quality of Life improvements for the game