Launch Day & You (Maybe)

Vile

1115256704_roseplanets.png.a30f882774ef123df914ee51876ce8e6.png

Happy Launch Week Rosarians!

With the upcoming launch into Early Access I wanted to make a post laying out some expectations, and plans you may want to prepare; as well as some tips and general advice for the upcoming event.

spice2.png.9239634ddc3cbaab0a522ea0128d76c8.png

You'll get to know her later.

First stop~
What to Expect Launch Day

• LAG! Fully Expect some degree of lag or latency on the first few hours or even first day. Remember, a LOT of people will be trying to create characters, log in, quest, and party all at the same time. So please remain patient, especially with one another.
  • Bugs & Glitches: Though you may not run into many, or any, remember that this is the first major connection to the server that the entire public will share, and with so many more eyes, new bugs are quite possibly going to be found. Remember to report them with as much detail as possible here in the reports section.
  • Congestion & Busy Maps: ROSE was never designed to host so many people in the maps. With the game going live with one server for everyone to share, expect spots to be busy and congested. Remember to communicate and be friendly, as that is more likely to get you into parties and help with killing bosses and buffs!
  • Nefarious Party Interruptions: Being ROSE is steeped in Private Server culture, expect less savory actors to try to DDoS attack the servers, forums, website etc. These bad actors may also try to interrupt your play session, ruin your experience or be a general nuisance. Report any suspicious activity and let's make this a place for everyone.

Tips for Week 1!

• Above all else, Be Friendly! No one likes a sourpuss or a grouch [unless it's my brand of grouch ;J] Being friendly can get you buffs, party spots, grinding spots, trades, crafts, and more! ROSE is a social game, so why not enjoy the people and their great attitudes, yours included!
  • Pick Up everything! Tilda [`] the key next to your 1 is the default bind [unless changes]. Zuly will be tight early on, and everyone will be saving for Carts, Equipment, and Clans; those aren't cheap! So don't waste Zuly on flights of fancy, or leave it on the ground [yikes].
  • Don't Refine! Refining is best for later on once the leveling speed has slowed down, and you need the extra kick in power to speed it back up. Spending zuly on early items will just hurt you in the long run!
  • Find a clan! [or make one that works too] Clans are not only great for socializing and making friends, but they're connections you can and should use. Having a friend that can craft, or several, can net you some nice crafted armor, weapons, gems, buff potions, etc, and also save you money. If you're the crafter, then you want to make those connections to start building your wealth! And joining a clan early, means faster returns on investment.
  • Don't skip out on quests: Some quests in ROSE yield very nice amounts of EXP, sometimes Zuly and even gear sets! It might seem tedious at times, but a healthy dose of grinding and questing can shake up the process and keep things fresh, while yielding power gains, and who doesn't like power gains. [UNLIMITED POWAAAA]
  • Ask questions! Don't be scared to ask for help if you get stuck. You can try shout chat in cities, trade chat in combat maps, or the forums if all else fails! [Or hey, try clan chat if you followed the previous tip about that] A lot has changed, and much more will possibly change too, so don't be shy.

Alright Rosarians, that'll be all for now. I wish you all the best luck ,experience, and speed on launch day. I'll see you out there, but can you spot me. Cheers.

2020041491_spicebye.png.ac96f0cd4ae25813fd7bdc5efb7cfec2.png

Edited by OwlchemistVile
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

8 hours ago, Loerslang said:

Love the post!!! Good to have some expectations and tips & tricks for new/beginning players! Can’t wait to see everyone in game 🤩

Thank you, same here

8 hours ago, Hercules said:

Party please Mr.Owl 😄

Sure we can peetee, but can you keep up brotha >:D

5 hours ago, SteveOmaha said:

I'll be buying mats so look for my shop 😉

I'll give it a gander if I pass "buy" hehe

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Whoop said:

Are you a vtuber now?/s

Great post!

Lmao no not yet. But even when I am finished, that won't be the model. I made that specifically to post for forum posts and videos related to battle cleric / cleric topics. And thank you

On 12/7/2022 at 4:48 PM, OwlchemistVile said:

1115256704_roseplanets.png.a30f882774ef123df914ee51876ce8e6.png

Happy Launch Week Rosarians!

With the upcoming launch into Early Access I wanted to make a post laying out some expectations, and plans you may want to prepare; as well as some tips and general advice for the upcoming event.

spice.png.7003649cf72352aa0a85843c5e176b4a.png

You'll get to know her later.

First stop~
What to Expect Launch Day

• LAG! Fully Expect some degree of lag or latency on the first few hours or even first day. Remember, a LOT of people will be trying to create characters, log in, quest, and party all at the same time. So please remain patient, especially with one another.
  • Bugs & Glitches: Though you may not run into many, or any, remember that this is the first major connection to the server that the entire public will share, and with so many more eyes, new bugs are quite possibly going to be found. Remember to report them with as much detail as possible here in the reports section.
  • Congestion & Busy Maps: ROSE was never designed to host so many people in the maps. With the game going live with one server for everyone to share, expect spots to be busy and congested. Remember to communicate and be friendly, as that is more likely to get you into parties and help with killing bosses and buffs!
  • Nefarious Party Interruptions: Being ROSE is steeped in Private Server culture, expect less savory actors to try to DDoS attack the servers, forums, website etc. These bad actors may also try to interrupt your play session, ruin your experience or be a general nuisance. Report any suspicious activity and let's make this a place for everyone.

Tips for Week 1!

• Above all else, Be Friendly! No one likes a sourpuss or a grouch [unless it's my brand of grouch ;J] Being friendly can get you buffs, party spots, grinding spots, trades, crafts, and more! ROSE is a social game, so why not enjoy the people and their great attitudes, yours included!
  • Pick Up everything! Tilda [`] the key next to your 1 is the default bind [unless changes]. Zuly will be tight early on, and everyone will be saving for Carts, Equipment, and Clans; those aren't cheap! So don't waste Zuly on flights of fancy, or leave it on the ground [yikes].
  • Don't Refine! Refining is best for later on once the leveling speed has slowed down, and you need the extra kick in power to speed it back up. Spending zuly on early items will just hurt you in the long run!
  • Find a clan! [or make one that works too] Clans are not only great for socializing and making friends, but they're connections you can and should use. Having a friend that can craft, or several, can net you some nice crafted armor, weapons, gems, buff potions, etc, and also save you money. If you're the crafter, then you want to make those connections to start building your wealth! And joining a clan early, means faster returns on investment.
  • Don't skip out on quests: Some quests in ROSE yield very nice amounts of EXP, sometimes Zuly and even gear sets! It might seem tedious at times, but a healthy dose of grinding and questing can shake up the process and keep things fresh, while yielding power gains, and who doesn't like power gains. [UNLIMITED POWAAAA]
  • Ask questions! Don't be scared to ask for help if you get stuck. You can try shout chat in cities, trade chat in combat maps, or the forums if all else fails! [Or hey, try clan chat if you followed the previous tip about that] A lot has changed, and much more will possibly change too, so don't be shy.

Alright Rosarians, that'll be all for now. I wish you all the best luck ,experience, and speed on launch day. I'll see you out there, but can you spot me. Cheers.

2020041491_spicebye.png.ac96f0cd4ae25813fd7bdc5efb7cfec2.png

Love the insights! Cheers man

• Like 1