Low FPS, Client Only Use iGPU

Teayomi

Hello, for some reason my Rose client doesn't use GPU. Instead it is using iGPU. This is causing my game to have unstable 20-30 fps at the start to 10-15 fps further down, making it completely unplayable.

I have so far tried;

* Forcing both the client and updater to use GPU instead for iGPU through Nvidia control panel

* Tried disabling iGPU completely, game launched with a crippling 5 fps and when I re-enabled iGPU it completely froze before crashing.

* Tried rosena checker I found in the forums, didn't work

* Tried updating the drivers

* Tried different compatibility versions over properties

* Tried disabling/enabling game mode

I have no clue why this is happening as Nvidia control panel should have forced it to use GPU but it doesn't. I should also note I never had this problem with any of the other private clients before the official early access launched. I had 60 stable FPS in every one of them without naming these.

I got gtx 1650 mobile, Windows 10, 16gb ram and a dual monitor set up if it helps.

iGPU usage.PNG

iGPU use.PNG

Edited by Teayomi
Adding another screenshot

On 9/2/2023 at 11:01 AM, Teayomi said:

Hello, for some reason my Rose client doesn't use GPU. Instead it is using iGPU. This is causing my game to have unstable 20-30 fps at the start to 10-15 fps further down, making it completely unplayable.

I have so far tried;

* Forcing both the client and updater to use GPU instead for iGPU through Nvidia control panel

* Tried disabling iGPU completely, game launched with a crippling 5 fps and when I re-enabled iGPU it completely froze before crashing.

* Tried rosena checker I found in the forums, didn't work

* Tried updating the drivers

* Tried different compatibility versions over properties

* Tried disabling/enabling game mode

I have no clue why this is happening as Nvidia control panel should have forced it to use GPU but it doesn't. I should also note I never had this problem with any of the other private clients before the official early access launched. I had 60 stable FPS in every one of them without naming these.

I got gtx 1650 mobile, Windows 10, 16gb ram and a dual monitor set up if it helps.

iGPU usage.PNG

iGPU use.PNG

Found the issue. The game engine, at the very least for the current version, doesn't like to be launched in external monitors if they are set as main displays.

If you are also encountering the same issue, to fix it you need to disable all the external displays and only leave your laptop's display on. If you are on desktop and having the issue, only leave the display directly connected to your GPU on. By leaving it on I mean Win+P > PC Screen Only option and making sure the only display is the correct one. After launching the game you can re-enable the other displays.

For devs, I think the issue is about game engine failing to recognise external displays if they are set as main displays. Maybe it thinks there is an issue with GPU as display isn't recognised so defaults back to integrated GPU.

Edited by Teayomi