AFKing on multiple accounts

Question for the team.

During naRose, I used to log on 8 of my characters at the same time to show them off. They each had their matching outfits or something. I remember one Christmas, I had them all logged in and positioned as Santa’s reindeers in Junon, with each character possessing a different reindeer, it was quite awesome. There were folks who liked it and stood next to the chars taking photos and whatnot.

I understand that there can’t be more than 2 accounts logged on per person, but if it’s situations like this and I have the capability of logging all 8 chars to just AFK (not leveling or anything) is this allowed?

Edited by Avatar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jamie_theDarth said:

I get your point and stuff like that is cool. 

But I am afraid it will be too complicated to have a "show me your" Chars feature without violating game settings.

And usually when we start talking about Multi clienting we are opening a whole new can  of worms. 

No settings will have to be changed for this. The 2 clients per PC wont have a bypass feature for this, either. There are enough PCs in my house to have 8 characters out at once.

2 minutes ago, Avatar said:

No settings will have to be changed for this. The 2 clients per PC wont have a bypass feature for this, either. There are enough PCs in my house to have 8 characters out at once.

If you have 8 accounts with each character, then perhaps the system does not have a way to see that but just perhaps on the public IP address of your connection.

Just now, HLAJR said:

If you have 8 accounts with each character, then perhaps the system does not have a way to see that but just perhaps on the public IP address of your connection.

Sorry, I don’t have any idea of what you just said. 

In either regard, I don’t want to have any speculation as to what features/security settings are within the client. That’s why I’m asking for a team member. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Avatar said:

Sorry, I don’t have any idea of what you just said. 

In either regard, I don’t want to have any speculation as to what features/security settings are within the client. That’s why I’m asking for a team member. 

I was just wondering how have you logged on 8 separate characters, at the same time base in what you have said having positioned them all in one place. As far as I have known, only one character per account could be active in an instance so if Rednim group will allow up to 2 client max, so in essence we could also just logged in 2 character max per session using 2 separate accounts.

Correct me if I am wrong since I do not have idea if it is possible to login same account twice in one computer using separate session of the ROSE client, that is why I was totally amazed that you have managed to logged in all your 8 characters simultaneously, unless off course they are in each separate (8) account and that the server is not restricted in how many ROSE client you can open all at once as long as your computer resources could handle it.

So far I don't have also specific knowledge how they could programatically implement that 2 client restriction per player, either the ROSE client will detect how many instance are active in the computer memory or they will detect how many account is actively connected to the server by means of IP address, or session variable whatsoever. I was also interested on that side since if they will be detecting IP Address, I am worried if players could be impacted if for example like in our house where we will be having a minimum of 2 active players in an instance, if both player could still play with dual client or if it could be restricted and we will see during the EA.

Anyway, hope the team could give some insight on these...

• Confused 1

Received this response from Lazy via ticket system. 

“Our official policy will be maximum 2 clients per machine. However, our main priority is to prevent people from abusing game mechanics to have an advantage over other players not using multiple clients. In this case, if you are logging 2 characters with 4 machines and just afking or taking screenshots then you are not violating our rules and we would not intervene.”

The End. 

Edited by Avatar
  • Like 1