Duel system

Kai

Would like to suggest duel as basic skill.

Pros:

• Good features to test builds for 1 vs 1 pvp
  • More activity to do in Junon/other city instead of just standing looking cool/cute
  • Something cool for new "new Rose players" to see

Cons:

• Pvp arena might get less cluttered

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Might even improve PvP experiences of players making PvP more popular.

The way how it works in World of Warcraft is actually a good example of how it can be in ROSE too:
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dueling

It would be good if some areas should be excluded as location where players can duel. Like inside towns/cities or close to respawn points.

Edited by Zeror
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Some people suggested this idea on discord, and I loved it so i thought i would post it on forums to be able to have a better conversation about it. 

It would be so cool to be able to have the feature to duel people from anywhere, outside of towns, and also bet however much zulie you want on weather you will win or lose. I think this is a really awesome idea and would incentivize even more pvp, even to people who normally do not ever pvp, and maybe PVE and just have some freetime and in between doing whatever they are doing, they could just pvp from anywhere. I think this would be really cool and incentivize alot more people to pvp. 

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

Edited by averybee1022

1 hour ago, Avatar said:

We may as well grab all the server files from a particular iRose server and just dump it all on this server. That’ll save us a whole bunch of time. 

Donan might have something to say about that lol.  We removed that duel feature from Titan but I honestly do not remember why.  I'll try to find out tho

1 hour ago, HoneyBuns said:

Donan might have something to say about that lol.  We removed that duel feature from Titan but I honestly do not remember why.  I'll try to find out tho

Say about what? Just dumping all the server files onto this Rose? Or the dueling in particular? Because we have over 20 “suggestions” that are coming from that server alone at this point in time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Say about what? Just dumping all the server files onto this Rose? Or the dueling in particular? Because we have over 20 “suggestions” that are coming from that server alone at this point in time. 

At least I'm honest when I make a suggestion that came from Titan and mention that fact.  Titan was just ahead of its time imo.

But back to the topic here, I feel like there was a serious reason why the duel feature was removed but I just cant remember what the reason was.  

2 hours ago, Avatar said:

I do not think that it is a bad thing just because a private server implemented things. People have played other servers during their time, picked up on things they like, share them here because they think it were good features. Do we all have to come up with unique new ideas which no other server or other game ever has had?

It is not like if some of those ideas get implemented it turns out to be a copy of those servers, because it runs a totally different version.

Dueling wherever you want would be cool to have, but I wouldn't do the betting part. If you wanna bet, just trade Zulie afterwards.

Maybe there can be two types of Duels in the game:

1. Normal Duel. Battle with any other player. Winner gets eternal fame.
  2. Faction Duel. Battle with any other player of another faction. Winner gets a Union Point.
    Note: Opponent must be max. 10 levels higher/lower then you to earn the Union Point. You can only benefit 5 times a day from the same account (not character!).

If I take a look at WoW's duels. That game puts a Dueling flag between the two players upon Duel start and removes when duel ends. Something like that would be cool to have in ROSE as well. It marks also the location for bypassers that there is a duel happening. In WoW a duel ends when opponent has 1 HP left or one of the players moves to far away from the dueling location.

Edited by Zeror

6 hours ago, TheShredr said:

I do not think that it is a bad thing just because a private server implemented things. People have played other servers during their time, picked up on things they like, share them here because they think it were good features. Do we all have to come up with unique new ideas which no other server or other game ever has had?

It is not like if some of those ideas get implemented it turns out to be a copy of those servers, because it runs a totally different version.

Like I said, let’s just copy and paste from one server to another. 

This “suggestion” has also already been mentioned.  I linked the original thread in my first comment. 

Edited by Avatar
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Are you honestly of the opinion that if it's been seen on a different server it's not a valid suggestion? Because that's what it sounds like you're saying.

Also, I think the duelling feature was removed from titan because it suffered from an exploit where zulie could be duped through it. But I could be completely wrong, that was a very long time ago.

Edited by Wondertje

24 minutes ago, Wondertje said:

Are you honestly of the opinion that if it's been seen on a different server it's not a valid suggestion? Because that's what it sounds like you're saying.

Also, I think the duelling feature was removed from titan because it suffered from an exploit where zulie could be duped through it. But I could be completely wrong, that was a very long time ago.

No, if I was that’s something that I’d state. Instead I’m saying that with over 20 “suggestions” coming from a different server, we may as well just copy/paste those files on over and save everyone some time.

Instead, we’re all here pretending that people aren’t blatantly taking the ideas of another server and claiming it as their own. There are people who mention it’s coming from another server, but the majority are not giving proper credit. I’m also not referring to other games, just one private server in particular. And I get it, we’re not supposed to discuss active private servers.. but at the same time we shouldn’t just claim an idea as our own when it’s clearly coming from another team. You don’t have to mention the server name, just something like “I’ve played another server with this feature and it’s been successful.”

And for the record, I was not referring to Titan. Titan may have implemented it first, but it didn’t last. There’s only one server I know that has it successfully implemented. That is all. 

Edited by Avatar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Avatar said:

No, if I was that’s something that I’d state. Instead I’m saying that with over 20 “suggestions” coming from a different server, we may as well just copy/paste those files on over and save everyone some time.

Instead, we’re all here pretending that people aren’t blatantly taking the ideas of another server and claiming it as their own. There are people who mention it’s coming from another server, but the majority are not giving proper credit. I’m also not referring to other games, just one private server in particular. And I get it, we’re not supposed to discuss active private servers.. but at the same time we shouldn’t just claim an idea as our own when it’s clearly coming from another team. You don’t have to mention the server name, just something like “I’ve played another server with this feature and it’s been successful.”

And for the record, I was not referring to Titan. Titan may have implemented it first, but it didn’t last. There’s only one server I know that has it successfully implemented. That is all. 

I thought i vaguely remembered dueling in another server, but i wasn't sure i just think it would be a cool thing that any game could use. I just like pvp 😄

honestly legit didn't know for certain it was an actual feature.

For what it's worth I was the one mentioning the details of this idea (specifically the betting part and NPC area restrictions) on Discord before it was posted here, and I did mention I got it from another server. Avery here just didn't include that part when posting it here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wondertje said:

For what it's worth I was the one mentioning the details of this idea (specifically the betting part and NPC area restrictions) on Discord before it was posted here, and I did mention I got it from another server. Avery here just didn't include that part when posting it here.

Yeah, I saw that convo and none of this was meant to be an attack on you or anything, but it’s the reason why I’m ignoring his last comment. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Avatar said:

You seem really salty about this, who cares? I assume I know the one you're talking about, pretty much the only decent irose server to play on these days. There are some really great improvements on that server, why would the rebirth of the official NA not strive to improve like they did?

3 hours ago, averybee1022 said:

I thought i vaguely remembered dueling in another server, but i wasn't sure i just think it would be a cool thing that any game could use. I just like pvp 😄

honestly legit didn't know for certain it was an actual feature.

Yea, I remember it from "that server" Avatar is crying about, but I legit assumed it came from an official version of the game, lol.

3 minutes ago, Need said:

You seem really salty about this, who cares?

The only part I'm salty about is people taking credit for an "idea" that another team had done the work for. 

Lol @ the crying remark. Don't get upset that I'm calling you and your friends out for trying to take an idea from another team and run as if it were your own. Keep trying, though. 

Edited by Avatar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Avatar said:

The only part I'm salty about is people taking credit for an "idea" that another team had done the work for. 

Lol @ the crying remark. Don't get upset that I'm calling you and your friends out for trying to take an idea from another team and run as if it were your own. Keep trying, though. 

Just bear in mind that the illegal pserver that is currently still operating stole duels and many other features (like an online "wiki") from Titan. So the team that actually worked on those features was the Titan team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avatar said:

First, I don't have any friends, I'm sure you can relate. lol.

Also yea, I haven't pitched this idea or really any others tbh. I have jumped in on some discussions lately, but it's just that, discussion. Not everyone views every interaction on the internet as some sort of competition, you know.

That said, I would LOVE to see things like an improved client and QoL improvements like the shop listing/auction house, and a number of other things that have been added to various incarnations of rose. It's not like ANY of this is novel anyway, lol

Edited by Need
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, HoneyBuns said:

Just bear in mind that the illegal pserver that is currently still operating stole duels and many other features (like an online "wiki") from Titan. So the team that actually worked on those features was the Titan team.

I understand where you're coming from. Titan was the first to come up with the Duel system, but it wasn't operational nor functional as it was taken down. The current team I'm referring to fixed it entirely to where it wasn't buggy or anything isn't capable of being duped. That effort came from them. I'm not condoning them taking the idea from Titan whatsoever.. but two wrongs don't make a right. It's bad on either sides part and no one should take credit for another's work. I'm not advocating for them because they're my friends.. It's just what we're all taught growing up. 

47 minutes ago, Need said:

First, I don't have any friends, I'm sure you can relate. lol.

Also yea, I haven't pitched this idea or really any others tbh. I have jumped in on some discussions lately, but it's just that, discussion. Not everyone views every interaction on the internet as some sort of competition, you know.

That said, I would LOVE to see things like an improved client and QoL improvements like the shop listing/auction house, and a number of other things that have been added to various incarnations of rose. It's not like ANY of this is novel anyway, lol

Lol yes, I can relate. 

I'm not trying to say its a competition. My only argument here is 1) Just take server files from one server and dump it onto this one, which would save everyone time and 2) don't take credit for coming up with a "suggestion" without giving proper credit. One time is fine, sure.. Two? Sure, mistakes happen, but over 20 times? Lol. And we're all supposed to just all say "Yeah, great idea! Let's do this!" and not call out the fact that the "suggestion" was taken from someone else's work? My first argument would certainly remedy the second. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Avatar said:

Just take server files from one server and dump it onto this one, which would save everyone time

To respond to your first argument then: I dont think this is a possibility. 

And to your second: Ye, they have been developing this game for quite some years and made some good improvements, to give them some credit. And people should maybe indeed say they got their idea from their implementation, but I cant really be bothered to make such a fuss about it unless they want to take credit for their such amazing idea if its not.

6 hours ago, TheShredr said:

And to your second: Ye, they have been developing this game for quite some years and made some good improvements, to give them some credit. And people should maybe indeed say they got their idea from their implementation, but I cant really be bothered to make such a fuss about it unless they want to take credit for their such amazing idea if its not.

The first was an exaggeration. 

For the second, whether or not you want to make a fuss is your decision. I sure am going to because it’s wrong to take credit for another’s work. Whether rose related or not. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/21/2022 at 11:50 PM, TheShredr said:

i thought i very vaguely remembered seeing this dueling feature once someone mentioned it, but wasn't even sure if it was in this game or not.  I just thought it would be a good feature to have in any game and incentivize pvp. So I was not meaning to steal any ideas, also this is the main official rose and Rednim prefer us to not mention private servers so even if i was completely sure which i absolutely am not at all, I wouldn't want to mention it, out of respect for rednim games and them haven bought the lisence of Rose Online. Regardless, private servers stole 100% of the official rose's ideas technically as they're unpermitted illegal copy's of the game 

Edited by averybee1022
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2022 at 6:32 AM, Avatar said:

The first was an exaggeration. 

For the second, whether or not you want to make a fuss is your decision. I sure am going to because it’s wrong to take credit for another’s work. Whether rose related or not. 

It's really not taking credit for other peoples work, but just the idea. you're literally the one who said "We may as well grab all the server files from a particular iRose server and just dump it all on this server. That’ll save us a whole bunch of time. " Yes  what you said would be stealing someone else's work as they directly worked on those files, and you're just copy and pasting them. But If Rednim worked on a way to implement this feature themselves it would not be stealing anybody's work but rather taking inspiration from an idea. 

It's not like fast food restaurants are going to give other ones credit for inspiring their idea to make chicken fingers, or wendy's giving credit to dairy queen because they inspired their frostees.

Anyways, sure if it was an extremely unique idea that not many games have, maybe give them a mention for inspiring the idea, but its not stealing its not like they trademarked the duel feature or anything. Anyways, you're completely being hypocritical as you're literally the one who said we should directly steal their work and implement the files they worked on when possibly introducing this idea because it will "save us a whole bunch of time" so if you are trying to blame anyone else for stealing other peoples work, blame yourself because you're the only one implying we should do that.

Edited by averybee1022