What do you like to cook or bake?

Rebus

Any home cooks here? What are your favourite dishes to cook or bake? What is your guilty pleasure food?

I really enjoy braising meat and making sauces. I'll just put on some music and then take my time to slowly roast all the ingredients. I also like making anything out of yeast doughs. Not sure I would call it a guilty pleasure, but my favourite everyday food is broccoli pasta.

Would love to hear from all of you out there! 🧑‍🍳

• Like 1

I'm a pretty good cook generally but my passion is baking, especially cookies,  I've been known for years both in ROSE and irl as a cookie master 🍪.  My family does a lot of baking around the holidays and we bring plates of cookies to our immediate neighbors.  Covid changed that sadly but I hope to get back to that tradition this year 🤞

• Like 2

Haha with a name like HoneyBuns.... one could have assumed 😛 
Funny how you are cookie master, in MC I always was cookie and cake master thanks to only doing villager trading stuff. Sounds like you have refined your cookie mastery to an enviable level!

I am a terrible cook, thus I hang around those that are good. Otherwise I would have died by now LOL, or at least been 100% sadder!
So I will stalk here, mouth watering over the bountiful visions of feasts that are surely to be described soon.

• Like 1

I love cooking when I have time (read: not on working days). Specially different stews. I like to improvise and combine various ingredients and spices. So far nobody died, so I guess I'm doing it right 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HazDS said:

My favourite dishes to make are either Chilli or Fajitas, which reminds me I was going to make a big chilli!

Love chilli

45 minutes ago, Life said:

cereal for me.

Oreo cereal is awesome

On 1/15/2022 at 3:28 PM, Rebus said:

Any home cooks here? What are your favourite dishes to cook or bake? What is your guilty pleasure food?

I really enjoy braising meat and making sauces. I'll just put on some music and then take my time to slowly roast all the ingredients. I also like making anything out of yeast doughs. Not sure I would call it a guilty pleasure, but my favourite everyday food is broccoli pasta.

Would love to hear from all of you out there! 🧑‍🍳

I do like cooking different kinds of food, but I have to sometimes take out certain things people wont like. I wouldn't call myself an amazing cook, but everyone seems to enjoy what I make. 😅 I like watching some youtube videos, and seeing some dishes they make. I've learned a few tips from them, plus I'm  always looking into cost with groceries, and working with what I budget on. I do budget for everything each month, and it does work amazingly if you want to see where your money is going and what you want to change. Anyways....

My favorite food would be pan fried vegetables, and a pasta salad. I also love fruit.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ClumsyCake said:

I do like cooking different kinds of food, but I have to sometimes take out certain things people wont like. I wouldn't call myself an amazing cook, but everyone seems to enjoy what I make. 😅 I like watching some youtube videos, and seeing some dishes they make. I've learned a few tips from them, plus I'm  always looking into cost with groceries, and working with what I budget on. I do budget for everything each month, and it does work amazingly if you want to see where your money is going and what you want to change. Anyways....

My favorite food would be pan fried vegetables, and a pasta salad. I also love fruit.

That's nice. I love foodtube as well. What are you favourite channels? I like the idea of the challenge of cooking on a tight budget, but since I don't have to, I don't really feel like dedicating a week or month to it. Maybe one day.

11 hours ago, Sushi said:

I do love sushi :p but if it comes to what I like to cook myself, I guess Tacos or different kind of  Sandwiches//Subs

Have you ever tried making sushi yourself? You will likely not reach perfection any time soon, but I have seen big improvements each time I gave it another go.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:26 PM, HazDS said:

I really enjoy SortedFood, good bunch of guys!

I've never really seen any of their stuff and I don't get them recommended, guess I'll have to check them out!

On 1/18/2022 at 12:41 AM, percent1 said:

I like making curries and chinese food.
Some channels I enjoy are J Kenji Lopez-Alt, and Chef John (foodwishes)

Those two I'm also subscribed to. As a professional chef myself I really appreciate their more "professional" technique and knowledge. I also love Italia Squisita, which is probably the best information about Italian cuisine on youtube and Travel Thirsty, where you just watch professionals (mostly) uncut and without commentary preparing their usual dishes at their restaurants (especially when they were travelling around SEA it was super fascinating to me).

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 12:59 PM, HoneyBuns said:

I'm a pretty good cook generally but my passion is baking, especially cookies,  I've been known for years both in ROSE and irl as a cookie master 🍪.  My family does a lot of baking around the holidays and we bring plates of cookies to our immediate neighbors.  Covid changed that sadly but I hope to get back to that tradition this year 🤞

Can I order cookies from you?    Love cookies, but only certain types  🙂

I love to cook, bake, grill and smoke. Christmas time I carryon family tradition of baking cookies, with a fan favorite of chocolate chip cookies using my moms recipe and also carrying on family recipe for oxtail soup!!  Smoking meats has become a passion and I love smoking ribs. Grilling pork steaks! Created my own personal spice mixes I use when I grill/smoke. I'm old school cause I use wood mostly when I grill or smoke. I also make a great pot of chili.

• Like 1

I don't love cooking, but I love food so I cook on a daily basis. I like making Asian dishes like kimchi tofu soup, okonomiyaki, curry, dhaal... I also enjoy soups like minestrone. I try to eat more vegetarian and I enjoy trying out new spice blends to make plain foods like lentils more exciting.

I bake every now and then. Often I try something ambitious and it's either amazing or very meh :D. I've made a rolled chocolate cake infused with rhum with rhum whipped cream filling and coffee buttercream and it was amazing. I did take me a whole day to make. Another time I tried to make a frangipani pie with choux pastry but it stayed completely flat. 😅

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 4:06 PM, Rebus said:

That's nice. I love foodtube as well. What are you favourite channels? I like the idea of the challenge of cooking on a tight budget, but since I don't have to, I don't really feel like dedicating a week or month to it. Maybe one day.

Have you ever tried making sushi yourself? You will likely not reach perfection any time soon, but I have seen big improvements each time I gave it another go.

I worked a job making sushi everyday, I can't say I'm a big fan. I had other employees taste test what I would make every morning. I was pushed onto the job because no one could handle dealing with eel, among all the other stuff. I did that job for one year and a half.

I can recommend trying out some of these dishes this guy makes on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/c/SipandFeast

I sometimes substitute the items with others that might be a cheaper. It still comes out really good. Budgeting is sometimes that takes time to find what is good. Not many people budget, thus many go into debt easy.

Sorry for the late reply.