Raytracing

Rhime

• 3 months later...

Figure out the injection point for ReShade shaders and could probly get the source to comment out the network check. Would provide a plethora of options just by doing that alone. There'd also be the option to get a raytracing shader for it, or you could be the one to code it. There's a load of AO's for it and reflective shaders  to fake a raytrace as well.

Current game graphic settings are very limited, but they do have basic shader options, but its controlled by just single quality vs performance "bar", maybe expanding this one could be done with less effort.

Also, i am personally not sure soft/roundy/cartoonish Rose-style graphics will benefit much from common raytracing, unless game visuals will get significant change first, and many players may not like it 🙂

According to developers there is plan to upgrade existing ancient game engine in the future to unreal engine, but no fixed time for it. If it happens, it would bring tons of graphic settings also 

They're dropping the Unreal plan from my last hearing about it.
ReShade has it's own interface, it doesn't hook into the ROSE ui itself. It uses the framedata from your GPU to add in postprocessing effects. But you need to be able to tell the injector when to shoot or else the shaders will pass over the UI as well, causing unwanted results.

On 12/8/2022 at 6:29 PM, Gnasty said:

Man... To have Fortnite graphics in ROSE is imo the most ideal direction for a graphics revamp. Hope to see that one day!

Yeah, that would be amazing. I am waiting for that day. 🙂
I was already looking at some unreal asset bundles to try to make my own ROSE in Unreal. Note: big project. Will probably never happen from my end LOL