My Discord Account Got HAcked! DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS!!

Jukebox480

Yeah, I feel your pain man. 

Once you reset your password and such, you should enable 2-Factor Authentication (2FA). This is indeed needed for todays world. I enable 2FA everywhere it’s an option. Can never be too safe. 

Good luck! 

• Like 2

Alright So! The Account Okan#0317 was my main account that has been hacked!

The Account Jukebox480#3071 my new account that is not hacked, but when I went to check out the server today it says that account is banned, is there anyways the you can pardon that account? I am currently talking to HB#4216 right now who is also on the server! 

On 8/28/2022 at 12:24 AM, Avatar said:

Once you reset your password and such, you should enable 2-Factor Authentication (2FA).

Unfortunately token grabbers bypass 2FA. Don't get me wrong, everyone should absolutely use it, but the most common type of Discord attack can bypass it as soon as they've grabbed the token.

On 8/29/2022 at 12:37 AM, Jukebox480 said:

The Account Jukebox480#3071 my new account that is not hacked, but when I went to check out the server today it says that account is banned, is there anyways the you can pardon that account?

Some things you (and everyone else) should note:

A) If what you were attacked by was a token grabber, make 100% sure that it no longer runs on your computer and reinstall every relevant application, including Discord. People regularly get 2, 3 even 4 accounts in a row compromised/"hacked" because the token grabber is on the device, not online or on the account. So the moment you log on with a new account, it will be immediately compromised again.

B) Discord bans are automatically IP bans, so the only solution is that they either 1) unban your old account or 2) you use a VPN to connect through. Usually if they unban the old account it won't come back because that's not what they do with the hacked accounts. So unless they haven't done it yet, unbanning your old account is most likely safe.

C) Make sure to report your account to Discord so that they can get rid of it completely as soon as possible.

The most important thing is to make sure that you are not getting compromised repeatedly, due to lack of actually dealing with the core issue. I had a friend who we had to ban on 3 repeated accounts before he figured out how to get rid of it and not have his accounts constantly compromised.

Edited by Wondertje
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1