Class weapon diversity.

Mister Lahey

Something I've been thinking could be a cool new feature would be to give the classes some more choices when it comes to what weapons they can use.
So in other words, imagine a knight being able to use their skills with dual-wield swords.

Of course, letting every range or melee class use their skills with every single range/melee weapon available would probably be far too hard to balance and would just end up being kinda silly. But opening up a few more options for what weapons the classes have available to use could give a lot more depth to building your character. There are already a few builds for some classes that somewhat represent this idea, builds like Dex Cleric, Xbow Knight and perhaps even Gun Bourgeois.

There might be some tweaking needed with the stat numbers in regards to how much damage and other benefits classes will get from using a different weapon, but since this already exists in the game it might not even be needed.

Some examples of my idea:

Champs/Knights can use katars/dual-wield weapons/staff
Champs can also use 1H+shield
Knights can also use 2H Weapon
Xbow knights can use launchers

Hawkers/raiders can use 1H+shield/staff
Katar raiders can also use 2H spear
Dual raiders can also use 2H sword
Scouts can use guns

Dealers/Artisans/Bourgeois can use bows/xbows/wands(+off hand)

Muses can use 1H+shield/bows/xbows
Clerics can also use katars/dual-wield
Mages can also use 2H weapon

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Loerslang said:

Is that not taking away the purpose of different classes within the game?  

Well, that's what worries me. But having a few extra options might be possible without breaking the game.

This is a cool idea but hard to balance initially, maybe better saved for the future after some extensive testing.. could do some interesting things like changing the way skills worked depending on which weapon you were using too.

Edited by il

54 minutes ago, il said:

This is a cool idea but hard to balance initially, maybe better saved for the future after some extensive testing.. could do some interesting things like changing the way skills worked depending on which weapon you were using too.

Yes, there's lots of possibilities, but like you say it's probably better suited for experimenting with further down the line.

3 minutes ago, Mister Lahey said:

Yes, there's lots of possibilities, but like you say it's probably better suited for experimenting with further down the line.

When we talk about the future, there could also be possibilities in introducing new classes & jobs.. For example a 'custom' job where you get the possibility to build characters that can be a mix of all other classes.. This could ofcourse result in extremely overpowered characters but that is a question of balancing i supose. 

It's a cool Idea but i think that would work much better with armor as to help with each classes deficiencies i.e muses can wear soldier gear for added defs and soldiers wear muse gear for added m-def that way you can diversify more in not just being weak to one specific type of char or skills. I would generally like it if the devs actually change the buffs each char can have and not their respective class buffs that way there is a need for all classes in a party i.e soldier have a haste buff instead of the normal atk and dealers have m-spd or doge etc so that the skills can cover certain limitations they have and make it more viable for soloing as well instead of relying on other classes skills to an extent.

9 minutes ago, Ashura said:

It's a cool Idea but i think that would work much better with armor as to help with each classes deficiencies i.e muses can wear soldier gear for added defs and soldiers wear muse gear for added m-def that way you can diversify more in not just being weak to one specific type of char or skills

But this problem is fixed by adding Gems to your gear? A soldier can used gems to improve m-def, and the other way around. So to change the gear options for that would not be really necessary i guess?

In a sense yes it would be most of the players go for stat bonuses on gear to make them more OP not really for defensive qualities and it would help with diversifying and not just have a single set of armor you can use.

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2022 at 11:42 AM, Loerslang said:

When we talk about the future, there could also be possibilities in introducing new classes & jobs.. For example a 'custom' job where you get the possibility to build characters that can be a mix of all other classes.. This could ofcourse result in extremely overpowered characters but that is a question of balancing i supose. 

I believe I read somewhere on here about how there was already some other classes and sub-classes planned with names ready, I think one of them was called Soothsayer.

Edited by Mister Lahey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mister Lahey said:

I believe I read somewhere on here about how there was already some other classes and sub-classes planned with names ready, I think one of them was called Soothsayer.

Do you remember where this was? I searched soothsayer and found nothing, would love to read it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wondertje said:

Do you remember where this was? I searched soothsayer and found nothing, would love to read it.

I don't remember 😕 It might have even been the Discord or some other website of a private server.

5 minutes ago, Mister Lahey said:

I don't remember 😕 It might have even been the Discord or some other website of a private server.

I think you might be confused with a different private server? I also searched the Discord but didn't find anything about a Soothsayer? I must say it is an interesting name for a class! 

-1 for me. if this should happen armors should be variety also. also remove the classes and give a wide variety of skills from all classes removing some of the ones with same effects. since this game has no buffs lets just be all visitor with different masteries, like you are against an enemy with close combat skill and you are a half ass bitch, you use bow/andskills when he is far and when he comes on melee you switch with sword/andskills.

for me that kind of stuff is diversity.

On 7/11/2022 at 10:46 AM, Ashura said:

i.e muses can wear soldier gear for added defs and soldiers wear muse gear for added m-def

I remember there was an era in one of the ROSE versions where you could actually get versions of the soldier gear that didn't have the soldier job class requirement, I remember having a bunch of different armor like that and running around as a muse with soldier gear on. Not sure if this was intended or not, but it was definitely a thing at one point.

1 hour ago, il said:

I remember there was an era in one of the ROSE versions where you could actually get versions of the soldier gear that didn't have the soldier job class requirement, I remember having a bunch of different armor like that and running around as a muse with soldier gear on. Not sure if this was intended or not, but it was definitely a thing at one point.

It was at NA when they first changed to evolution, some of the old gear from iROSE days had no job class requirements.  Those items were called "ancient" and anyone could use them.  Not sure if some people had whole sets but I only had the chest parts on my first game account from around 2009.  It was tough finding shoes that didn't look hideous, but it was definitely fun running around wearing them  😄

mighty.jpg

merchant.jpg

violet.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheShredr said:

I do not like the diversity option. Maybe just try to balance the different weapons availabe to the classes.

Weapon diversity is going to open up a whole new can of worms, as then the debate will arise around skills diversity as well especially around champs and raiders where all the skills tree are the same even though you are wielding different weapons.

13 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

It was at NA when they first changed to evolution, some of the old gear from iROSE days had no job class requirements.  Those items were called "ancient" and anyone could use them.  Not sure if some people had whole sets but I only had the chest parts on my first game account from around 2009.  It was tough finding shoes that didn't look hideous, but it was definitely fun running around wearing them  😄

mighty.jpg

merchant.jpg

violet.jpg

Talking about hideous, imagine running around in a dress for most levels.🙈

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

mighty.jpg

merchant.jpg

violet.jpg

Love those chest pieces! brings back some good ol' nostalgia 😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashura said:

Talking about hideous, imagine running around in a dress for most levels.🙈

It wasn't bad if you were a female lol but mostly I hated how none of the hundreds of pairs of shoes I had on my raider's account looked even halfway decent with those ancient chest pieces.  I never knew anyone that had other parts of those ancient sets but I would imagine someone did.   It would have been neat to have the whole set of any of them.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2022 at 9:46 PM, Loerslang said:

I think you might be confused with a different private server? I also searched the Discord but didn't find anything about a Soothsayer? I must say it is an interesting name for a class! 

You might have seen this already, but the new classes I talked about are in this thread.

Edited by Mister Lahey