Game Arena Dungeons Scoreboard / Statistics Board

OwlchemistVile

Fairly obvious by the title but for further context and detail I'll try to elaborate.

The Game Arena currently tracks and displays end of match statistics for PvP matches, however this functionality doesn't extend to the dungeons.
I am going off the assumptions the base framework of dungeons will be used with new dungeon content or rebalanced dungeons, but would still like to suggest the minimum following if possible.

• Total Run Time from load in to final boss KO'd.
  • Total number of: Damage Dealt, Damage taken, Healing Done, Deaths, Dispels/Purifies, Dodges, Critical Hits, Monsters KO'd
  • Valor / Faction Point / Clan Points gained (if any)

That would be fairly comprehensive, and assuming the framework of Game Arena PvP can be used, shouldn't be too hard to implement.

I'd like to see this request for a few reasons, primarily to give some statistical feedback to players, without needing an API to hook in a damage meter, or to develop a combat log and third party parser. As someone who enjoys casually min-maxing my PvE/M experience or trying new builds and testing their functionality, these statistics would be an ideal middle ground to give accurate information but not boil it down to DPS/HPS which tends to become used in toxic or mean spirited ways.
The other primary reason is for doing speed runs, challenge runs, % runs etc on dungeons for a player driven competitive PvE scene. I personally loved a point in time when a few of the clans in ROSE were doing speed runs of the dungeons and posting videos of their best clear times and would love to see that return.

The negatives I see are mostly along the lines of costing some development time, though how much I cannot guess too much at. And as with any raw information given in statistical form, it could be used to brow-beat and shame other players «which should already be disallowed but that's a different matter». Seeing as that precedent has already been set with PvP I think the community would be mostly ok with the small chance that someone might need to be blocked, for the benefit of rough information about your dungeon performance. 

Cheers

-Vile

Edited by OwlchemistVile
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't see the added value of having such a feature in the game. In any case not to share with other players by means of a statistics scoreboard. That information on your character screen only is fine. I've seen in other games people use this kind of information to start filtering who they want to play with and who they don't. In the long run, this can only be harmful to the playing experience if players start discriminated other players by stats.

• Like 1